Las Vegas, NV

Posted June 09, 2014
Adcock was a great experience for me and my fellow classmates. I would never want to leave, Yes some teachers are horrible with students like my 5th and 4th grade teachers. Although the music teacher was the best, but she did not put much thought on the future, she was not very well prepared and did things at the last minute. She also asked kids for money to help her and she yelled at students who didn't buy things for the performance and she made a bake sale to receive all the money back and she did not give any money to the kids who helped with the money. And the principal was more concerned with disciplining children then helping them and thankfully she is moving schools so hopefully the students in the future will get a calm principle.

Posted August 26, 2013
O K Adcock Elementary School is the best school in the city... I went there. My sister, nieces, nephews and my son have gone to Adcock. My daughter has gone to Adcock for the last 4 years. The teachers and the staff are the best, very helpful and will go out of their way to help with any need. I love this school.

Posted February 02, 2012
My daughter is in kindergarden. Her teacher is Mendoza. My daughter Kayanna started school without going to any pre-school or any other type of education. Today my daughter loves school, loves to read, write, activities. That is all do to having an awesome teacher. It has also made me more involved. Thank You Mrs. Mendoza.

Posted October 19, 2011
There are some really great teachers and other staff members at this school however, there are many more who are not so great. There is NO consistency as to how children are disciplined, primarily the children who are receiving some special ed services. Children need consistency in how they are taught and dealt with. Yelling at children in school is very counter productive and I and others have been witness to this. I have heard very good things about other schools in the district and will be considering relocating to a different school zone.

Posted August 15, 2011
THIS PRINCIPAL IS HORIBLE! GREAT TEACHERS AND STAFF BUT I CANT SAY THE SAMETHING ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL. HE'S NOT A GREAT LISTNER AT ALL AND HAS FAVORITE STUDENTS THAT HE SIGNED SOVERIAN PAPERS FOR BEFORE HE SIGNED ANY ONE ELSES. MR. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELF GREAT EXAMPLE!

Posted February 16, 2009
The teachers really care about student learning. Uniforms are liberal: solid colored polo and solid colored pants/skirts. Students are well-behaved. Family events are well reveived. The school made AYP.

Posted June 01, 2007
the teachers are great and the kids are great too but we have had alot of issues this school year and the big one was school uniforms we tryed to fight it but in the end it didnt no matter who we feel even with the vote coming back with the 55% to aprrove it but there are alot of family that cant afford school uniforms there was a alot of mothers that tryied to stop it we tryed and i am sorry to had to lose but there is always next school season i guess that we will just have to take better action than we did this year right now i am trying to get my kids into another school i hope that i can do this but if i cant i will be there to do what is needed and to keep my eye on everthing that does happen

O K Adcock Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2004
- a former student
This School is wonderful! I used to be a student there, and it was a very plesant experience.

O K Adcock Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2003

O K Adcock Elementary School
6350 Hyde Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89107
Last modified O K Adcock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
O K Adcock Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top