Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1162 students

Posted October 15, 2014

My daughter attended this school for 1 year, and it was beyond AMAZING. She became really excited about school once she attended Escobedo. I wish we didn't have to move to another state for work. The teacher a GREAT, the office staff are nothing like the teachers. I gave this school 5 star just because the teacher but if I had to rate the office staff they would get a 2.5 stars. Not very nice.

Posted June 26, 2014

My son is a student at this school; it is in our neighborhood. The campus is nice, fairly new, equipment is up to date. The grades are separated into 3 wings, 6th, 7th, and 8th, so there is little mixing except for half the 7th grade lunches with 6th graders and half with 8th graders (2 lunch periods). I have not heard of problems between students of different grades. Their band program is top notch and has 4 levels: beginning, intermediate, advanced, and jazz,(an after school tryout band). All have all earned Platinum awards every year. Their instrument portfolio to loan is widely varied. The school has a no-tolerance policy about bullying. The dress code is a little relaxed but not offensive. There are strict policies about late assignments and plagiarism, and accelerated classes are quite vigorous. A few of the instructors are lax in 'teaching' and expect kids to learn more on their own from the books, but most take great interest in the kids and care if they do well or not. The more willing a student is to learn, of course, the more inclined the teacher is to help. Admin has growing pains, but tries hard. I"d like to see less technology and more basics. I'd give it a B.

Posted December 10, 2013

I found a few teachers very good, but the administration and counselours to be among the poorest I have ever encountered. Another individual's comments seem to mimick my own sentiments and I find that the same behaviour continues today. I would advise AGAINST putting your child into this school given the poor administration. We moved to Las Vegas from overseas where my children attended a DOD school and made honour roll each year; A's and B's. Upon attending the school I noticed my son was having a hard time adopting to the culture difference of being among regular students and, as a result, enlisted the help of his counselor who told me that he's in public school and too bad. Then when I explained he was upset and concerned she said I should immediately contact 911. Seriously? This is the typical maturity of the administration I have encountered. When my son requested help from his teachers, one informed him to just go online and pull up his assignments to identify what he should focus on. WOW. The school is absolutely the worst I have encountered. I'd give a negative rating if I could.

Posted September 5, 2012

I go to EMS and this school is amazing and they offer so many opportunities for their students. I am now in my 8th grade year at EMS and have been there since my 6th grade year. I am in Advanced Choir and our music programs inspire me to do good in school just so I can stay in the music group. Our music classes are Orchestra, Band, and Chorus and each year they each take a trip to perform in Disneyland! EMS gives so many opportunities for students to succeed and that is why I'm proud to say that my middle school is Escobedo!

Posted July 9, 2012

Okay so I havent gone here yet but I am for my eighth grade year, I'm coming from a very princess preppy school so I hope its not like that for here

Posted April 18, 2012

I am a parent of a 6th grader and 7th grader. We relocated to the area from Ohio where my 7th grader was a straight A student and my 6th grader was in accelerated classes. There have been so many numerous issue that I have had with this school from not following a 504 plan and my meeting with the school counselor whom was extremely rude, uncaring and wanted to tell me as an involved parent that my child would not get everything handed to him on a silver platter for the rest of his life and they cannot uphold the 504 plan that we have had in place for 4 years. This female counselor told my daughter when she reported another student for touching her rear that if she didn't carry herself in that way that the student never would have touched her. There have been a 3-4 deans since the beginning of 2011-12 school year. The most recent does nothing about a severe issue of bullying at this school. Primarily in the restrooms at lunch and during lunch time. My son has been hit in the gymnasium by another student and nothing was done. There have been 3 fights (physical altercations) on school property within the last 30 days. It's poorly ran from teachers, staff to the dean.

Posted January 5, 2012

Great school great teachers great coaches and great students.Wouldn't send my children anywhere else.I have four kids at this age level that have finished, or are there, or on the way.

Posted January 28, 2011

I am a student at EMS and I would recommend this school to everyone! The teachers are great, the crowd is mainly friendly, and it has an amazing band! At first I was worried that I was going to get bullied. when I arrived I thought a lot of kids were going to bully me, but honestly everyone left me alone. I give this a 10 of 10!

Posted May 12, 2010

I love this school. caring teachers, and very rewarding. I have gotten straight A's the past 3 semesters, and i have gone on the field trips. I love how great the school treats everyone and i look forward to next year!!!

Posted April 12, 2010

I love our school! Though the bathrooms are sometimes dirty, it's still a good school. They reward you for everything good you do, straight a's, a field trip, straight 0's, ice cream, good in class, student of the month luncheon. It's a rewarding, awesome school!

Posted May 27, 2009

My daughter has been at EMS since they opened two years ago. And we have to say it has been an amazing journey. The Teachers, Staff and Administration have been very Compassionate in what they do here with our students. As a concerned parent of putting my child in to the Public School District, I have to say no regrets. My daughter came from a Christian Private School that she had attended since she was five yrs old. You can only immagine our concerns. But it has been an Awsome Journey. She is looking forward to High School next year thanks to her Teachers and Counselors.

Posted May 17, 2009

My daughter entered the 6th grade here this year, and she has excelled. I am very impressed with the patience and effort these teachers put into our kids education.

Posted May 15, 2009

This school is awesome! You should definitely send your kid(s) here if you can. :D The administration and staff are very friendly, nice, and helpful. There are tons of extra curricular activities and clubs to go to. Also, today, because of our great CRT scores two years in a row (the school has only been open two years) everyone that was here today got a snow cone for lunch! They are really rewarding for great achievements.

Posted January 12, 2009

Escobedo Middle School is an awesome school. All in all, the teachers provide their students the right education with a touch of fun. (: EMS is really great. It's more of a technology school, to think of. The administration and staff are very friendly, and are convenient at almost anytime.

Math

The state average for Math was 49% in 2013.

376 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 63% in 2013.

376 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 53% in 2013.

373 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 62% in 2013.

373 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 39% in 2013.

398 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 50% in 2013.

399 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2013.

399 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 60% in 2011.

407 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students54%

Students without disabilities68%
Proficient in English65%
Not migrant63%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students65%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 42%N/A54%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Nurse(s)
School psychologist
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Arts & music

Music
  • Orchestra
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9501 Echelon Point Dr