Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

This school has gone down hill the past 2 years, and there has been a high turnover rate of 3 Deans within a year and a half. The lack of discipline is terrible, bullying and fights are breaking out constantly amongst the students at school and after school on Tee Pee side street. Police have been called many times this year by parents & witnesses, and tired of nothing being done! Not fair to hard working people / parents who pay a lot of money to live in this nice area with a lot of rifraf let in because it's school of choice... Good kids are being corrupted by the bad acting kids because they try to fit in or are scared of the bad acting kids and try to act like them. Teachers are not strict enough, and let too many things slide. The school does not enforce their dress code, I see kids wearing house slippers, open toe sandals with socks, girls wearing midriff & cutoff crop shirts, blue, green, purple hair, ripped jeans, and provocative clothes. Boys try and wear bandannas looking like their in a gang, pants sagging with underwear showing, swearing is horrible. I see all of this waiting to pick my kid up after school daily, how does this school not do anything about these issues??!! So many parents are upset about the bullying & fighting and want changes. They need to remove a lot of the repeat "bad acting kids" instead of trying to be politically correct all the time and walk a fine line. Teachers have noticed the change over the past year, they need to have a meeting with higher up administration and do something or the rifraf kids will drive out the good kids, parents will move, and they will take over. I'm all for kids getting a good education coming from different economic & social backgrounds, but they need to be respectful and follow school rules, not disrupt the learning environment of others. This was a good classy school, now it's becoming trashy, it's a shame!! The school needs to own up to what's going on, and not try to be hush hush on everything to try and look good. Their ratings already dropped from 7 to 6 on great schools rating over the past year.

One Star only because of 1 Pro. The Pro: There are a very small handful of good teachers that are there. Those teachers do have a great curriculum, great communication, along with high expectations in the classroom. Cons: *High turnover with staff. 3 Deans in 1.5 years. *High substitute teachers. Majority of these substitutes encourage cell phone playtime vs. actual education time. *Very high abusive language among students. *Very high theft. It's recommended to not bring anything of value to school otherwise it will get stolen. They failed to mention that lunches and food will also get stolen. *Very high bullying and random injury occurrences. Such as kids love to slam doors on other kids, push other kids into brick walls, knock binders out from arms, tripping other kids, rush an opened locker to smash fingers. *Some staff are verbally and emotionally abusive as well to students. *No authority in the hallways and/or exit doors at all. *Severe lack of discipline. *Administration rather victim blame or say it was an accident to keep their yearly accountability report looking average to good. *Overall not a safe environment. *It's also an open enrollment school so lots of riffraff attending here.

I find the treatment of students and parents at this school by administration to be condescending and unapproachable. It is impossible to get a hold of the principal, the front office gives you the intentional run-around in the hope that you will just give up and go away. It is run like a prison. There are boxing gloves and guard dog as mascots, and the slogan is "Welcome to the Dog Pound." It is everything wrong with Nevada's school system. Inaccessible to parents, unaccommodating to students, and a total night mare. Run don't walk to anywhere else. Your kid deserves better.

I am only in my first year and I can already say that this school is low on discipline, education, and careing. So many of the children swear and the teachers don't do anything about it. The way they place the students is even worse. The teachers could care less if you got F's all they do is highlight them!!! They "say" that they will enforce dress code but the kids don't care neither do the teachers!!! I have seen so many if my best friends turn into monsters from being around these students. I would not suggest going to this school AT ALL! This school is unsatisfactory! I am so lucky that I got to go to such a wonderful Elementary School before I attended this....school.

My daughter attended this school for 1 year, and it was beyond AMAZING. She became really excited about school once she attended Escobedo. I wish we didn't have to move to another state for work. The teacher a GREAT, the office staff are nothing like the teachers. I gave this school 5 star just because the teacher but if I had to rate the office staff they would get a 2.5 stars. Not very nice.

My son is a student at this school; it is in our neighborhood. The campus is nice, fairly new, equipment is up to date. The grades are separated into 3 wings, 6th, 7th, and 8th, so there is little mixing except for half the 7th grade lunches with 6th graders and half with 8th graders (2 lunch periods). I have not heard of problems between students of different grades. Their band program is top notch and has 4 levels: beginning, intermediate, advanced, and jazz,(an after school tryout band). All have all earned Platinum awards every year. Their instrument portfolio to loan is widely varied. The school has a no-tolerance policy about bullying. The dress code is a little relaxed but not offensive. There are strict policies about late assignments and plagiarism, and accelerated classes are quite vigorous. A few of the instructors are lax in 'teaching' and expect kids to learn more on their own from the books, but most take great interest in the kids and care if they do well or not. The more willing a student is to learn, of course, the more inclined the teacher is to help. Admin has growing pains, but tries hard. I"d like to see less technology and more basics. I'd give it a B.

I found a few teachers very good, but the administration and counselours to be among the poorest I have ever encountered. Another individual's comments seem to mimick my own sentiments and I find that the same behaviour continues today. I would advise AGAINST putting your child into this school given the poor administration. We moved to Las Vegas from overseas where my children attended a DOD school and made honour roll each year; A's and B's. Upon attending the school I noticed my son was having a hard time adopting to the culture difference of being among regular students and, as a result, enlisted the help of his counselor who told me that he's in public school and too bad. Then when I explained he was upset and concerned she said I should immediately contact 911. Seriously? This is the typical maturity of the administration I have encountered. When my son requested help from his teachers, one informed him to just go online and pull up his assignments to identify what he should focus on. WOW. The school is absolutely the worst I have encountered. I'd give a negative rating if I could.

Administrators treat both parents and students like they are wasting their time. My student is well behaved, with excellent grades. This school has repeatedly messed up our address and parentlink account info, which we have had for years. I have gone down 13 times in 2 months to help them fix their mistakes, (at their request!), and am treated like a criminal. My child almost did not get bus transport because of this! I have only gone down to that school for events, and at their request. While we are happy with most of our child's teachers, the history teacher is teaching his opinion of American history, and not sticking to text. At back to school night he informed us that the country, that we think is so great, isn't. He went so far as to insinuate we are no better than any other third world country. He is sharing a semi-anti-government rational with our student and that offends us as former military family. Teacher's opinion's have no place in student education. I will be taking my student to another school that will treat excellent students and their families with respect. Quite frankly between myself and this school, my family's time is the one which has been wasted!!!

I was having a very bad issue with the quality of substitute teachers my daughter was receiving in one class. The teacher never taught. She basically gave them test on material without going over it. I was furious! I have to admit, the substitute teacher is no longer at the school, and the prinicipal has reassured me this won't happen again. As of right now, I am happy with the quick resolution.

I go to EMS and this school is amazing and they offer so many opportunities for their students. I am now in my 8th grade year at EMS and have been there since my 6th grade year. I am in Advanced Choir and our music programs inspire me to do good in school just so I can stay in the music group. Our music classes are Orchestra, Band, and Chorus and each year they each take a trip to perform in Disneyland! EMS gives so many opportunities for students to succeed and that is why I'm proud to say that my middle school is Escobedo!

Last modified Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.