Posted October 28, 2014
I am only in my first year and I can already say that this school is low on discipline, education, and careing. So many of the children swear and the teachers don't do anything about it. The way they place the students is even worse. The teachers could care less if you got F's all they do is highlight them!!! They "say" that they will enforce dress code but the kids don't care neither do the teachers!!! I have seen so many if my best friends turn into monsters from being around these students. I would not suggest going to this school AT ALL! This school is unsatisfactory! I am so lucky that I got to go to such a wonderful Elementary School before I attended this....school.

Posted October 15, 2014
My daughter attended this school for 1 year, and it was beyond AMAZING. She became really excited about school once she attended Escobedo. I wish we didn't have to move to another state for work. The teacher a GREAT, the office staff are nothing like the teachers. I gave this school 5 star just because the teacher but if I had to rate the office staff they would get a 2.5 stars. Not very nice.

Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School 3

Posted June 26, 2014
My son is a student at this school; it is in our neighborhood. The campus is nice, fairly new, equipment is up to date. The grades are separated into 3 wings, 6th, 7th, and 8th, so there is little mixing except for half the 7th grade lunches with 6th graders and half with 8th graders (2 lunch periods). I have not heard of problems between students of different grades. Their band program is top notch and has 4 levels: beginning, intermediate, advanced, and jazz,(an after school tryout band). All have all earned Platinum awards every year. Their instrument portfolio to loan is widely varied. The school has a no-tolerance policy about bullying. The dress code is a little relaxed but not offensive. There are strict policies about late assignments and plagiarism, and accelerated classes are quite vigorous. A few of the instructors are lax in 'teaching' and expect kids to learn more on their own from the books, but most take great interest in the kids and care if they do well or not. The more willing a student is to learn, of course, the more inclined the teacher is to help. Admin has growing pains, but tries hard. I"d like to see less technology and more basics. I'd give it a B.

Posted December 10, 2013
I found a few teachers very good, but the administration and counselours to be among the poorest I have ever encountered. Another individual's comments seem to mimick my own sentiments and I find that the same behaviour continues today. I would advise AGAINST putting your child into this school given the poor administration. We moved to Las Vegas from overseas where my children attended a DOD school and made honour roll each year; A's and B's. Upon attending the school I noticed my son was having a hard time adopting to the culture difference of being among regular students and, as a result, enlisted the help of his counselor who told me that he's in public school and too bad. Then when I explained he was upset and concerned she said I should immediately contact 911. Seriously? This is the typical maturity of the administration I have encountered. When my son requested help from his teachers, one informed him to just go online and pull up his assignments to identify what he should focus on. WOW. The school is absolutely the worst I have encountered. I'd give a negative rating if I could.

Posted September 05, 2012
I go to EMS and this school is amazing and they offer so many opportunities for their students. I am now in my 8th grade year at EMS and have been there since my 6th grade year. I am in Advanced Choir and our music programs inspire me to do good in school just so I can stay in the music group. Our music classes are Orchestra, Band, and Chorus and each year they each take a trip to perform in Disneyland! EMS gives so many opportunities for students to succeed and that is why I'm proud to say that my middle school is Escobedo!

Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School 4

Posted July 09, 2012
Okay so I havent gone here yet but I am for my eighth grade year, I'm coming from a very princess preppy school so I hope its not like that for here

Posted April 18, 2012
I am a parent of a 6th grader and 7th grader. We relocated to the area from Ohio where my 7th grader was a straight A student and my 6th grader was in accelerated classes. There have been so many numerous issue that I have had with this school from not following a 504 plan and my meeting with the school counselor whom was extremely rude, uncaring and wanted to tell me as an involved parent that my child would not get everything handed to him on a silver platter for the rest of his life and they cannot uphold the 504 plan that we have had in place for 4 years. This female counselor told my daughter when she reported another student for touching her rear that if she didn't carry herself in that way that the student never would have touched her. There have been a 3-4 deans since the beginning of 2011-12 school year. The most recent does nothing about a severe issue of bullying at this school. Primarily in the restrooms at lunch and during lunch time. My son has been hit in the gymnasium by another student and nothing was done. There have been 3 fights (physical altercations) on school property within the last 30 days. It's poorly ran from teachers, staff to the dean.

Posted January 05, 2012
Great school great teachers great coaches and great students.Wouldn't send my children anywhere else.I have four kids at this age level that have finished, or are there, or on the way.

Posted January 28, 2011
I am a student at EMS and I would recommend this school to everyone! The teachers are great, the crowd is mainly friendly, and it has an amazing band! At first I was worried that I was going to get bullied. when I arrived I thought a lot of kids were going to bully me, but honestly everyone left me alone. I give this a 10 of 10!

Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School 0

Posted May 12, 2010
I love this school. caring teachers, and very rewarding. I have gotten straight A's the past 3 semesters, and i have gone on the field trips. I love how great the school treats everyone and i look forward to next year!!!

Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School
9501 Echelon Point Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89149
Last modified Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edmundo Eddie Escobedo Sr Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top