Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,343

Posted March 02, 2014
Haha, don't listen to the other students who seem to be complaining about the school's system, expecting that the staff and administration should apparently know every single thing about what to do. Faiss Middle School is a great school. I am a student myself as of now, and I am having a great experience. The teachers are nice, friendly, and helpful if you don't get on their nerves, and the staff/administration aren't that bad. We have a decent band/orchestra/choir program, along with several clubs and other programs such as NJHS, etc. The food is great. They serve pizzas, burgers, ice cream, powerade, etc. Violence is a very rare thing in campus. There's only been one or two physical fights that I've seen/heard of this entire year. In my opinion, the school is great. If you're a student that's going to complain about kids being "racist," "rude," or "they cuss a lot." Well, there's not much I can say but tell you to learn to get over it and report it to a teacher/administrator if you actually deem it to be offensive.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2014
I believe that Faiss has definitely benefitted my child. He has maintained a 3.0 GPA and has met many new friends in the current semester. From what he has told me, the staff is quite friendly and the halls have been clear of bullies. When I came to the Open House in the beginning of the year, I was impressed with the curriculum and standards.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 10, 2014
I am VERY impressed with the leadership at Faiss MS. Next year my youngest will attend Faiss MS and have the opportunity to attend a school that has dedicated and driven teachers led by an administration that holds the teachers and students accountable for their success. They have well structured guidelines and stick to them for all. No nonsense is well appreciated. I know my child is learning in a safe environment. Excellent school.

Wilbur & Theresa Faiss Middle School 2

Posted February 06, 2014
I transferred here from Del Webb middle school and u have to say, the students here are rasist, rude, and cuss a whole lot! On my second week here, I was talking to my friend then a girl (that I don't know) starts to to poke me in the face, I tell her to stop then she did... For about 2 minutes, then she comes up to me and SLAPS ME!! I was at P.E and the coach didn't even do anything! The food is also horrible and expensive. The teachers are so rude and yell at a student every 5 mins. Then they get off subject and start talking about their personal life. I'm in accelerated classes and there not even difficult! The principles and dean are so rude! There's this one dean who thinks she owns the school and is the one who is mostly rude. The red head cheer couch is so mean and rude to anyone who isn't on the cheer team. Most of the cheer leaders are bossy and rude. There is bulling, inappropriate students, rude and mean administrators, teachers etc. and most of the student are jerks, not only to the faculty, administrators, teachers, but the students and the private property too.

Wilbur & Theresa Faiss Middle School 1

Posted January 21, 2014
The school is a joke. While I attended Faiss MS, it was not bad, just more strict than I would've had it, but now my brother attends it and it is INSANE. He was falsely accused of swearing (which it was probably another student around him) and RPC'd but when he reported another student and all that student received was a verbal warning. Until that point, he had no record of misbehaving and when he tried to explain, the dean refused to listen. Many people blame these things on the principal's religion, but I am also a Mormon and I do not think this is why; we are not like this. Similar situations have happened with several of my friends who have and are currently attending Faiss, both Mormon and Non-Mormon. One such incident was that a dean yelled at a student for dropping a grain of rice and leaving it behind on the floor. One grain. All in all, it is just sad how a school so great when it opened could end up the way it is now.

Posted November 10, 2013
The administrators, teachers, and staff members at Faiss create a safe environment for students. Although there have been many changes, the school is focused on education and on doing what is best for children. I am happy to have my child attend Faiss Middle School. I know they are receiving a great education. The teachers have always been caring and easy to communicate with.

Posted October 30, 2013
My school is Wilbur and Theresa Faiss Middle School. I believe that Faiss is an amazing middle school. Staff members are always observing the students and ensuring their safety, no matter what the circumstances are. No matter what corner you turn in the school, there will always be an adult keeping an eye out for them, whether they are teachers or any staff by that manner. If there are ever any students breaking a school regulation or doing something inappropriate, it doesn't last past 2 minutes because teachers are always there to stop them at the drop of the hat. Faiss is also very full of opportunities for the students to prove themselves and who they actually are. Faiss will always be close to my heart because of its supplements towards the students.

Wilbur & Theresa Faiss Middle School 2

Posted October 06, 2013
Okay this 2013-2014 year is my last year here at faiss. Going into 6th grade, i was very pleased. We had a different dean/principal/vice principal. They werent as strict as the ones this year. In 7th grade, everything changed with the new admins. I can say most 8th graders that have been here all 3 years hate faiss. Some teachers care, but others could care less if you fail. Lunch is expensive and unhealthy. PLUS THE SCHOOL WASTES MONEY ON USELESS THINGS LIVE 5 TV'S IN THE CAFETERIA. REALLY? Also, a teacher said they are limited on paper because faiss cant afford it. That's pretty sad in my opinion. They do buy papa johns pizza but i think it tastes NOTHING like it. I do wish i went to a better school so I would have a better chance to get into a CTA High School. There is lots of bullying. Theres nothing they do. But the school is an okay school i suppose.

Posted October 04, 2013
Faiss Middle School provides plenty of opportunities for students to get involved with the school's activities and events, such as Student Council and National Junior Honor Society. Along with the good learning environment, with little to no bullying and constant monitoring by the administrative staff, the teachers are also well experienced and provide challenging activities and give equal attention to all students. The Fine Arts Department is also a good way to explore other non-academic activities. The Awards Night of last year was solid proof of the teachers' job well done, with a surplus of A+ students, although a formal graduation might have been nice. Lunch needs some improvement, but overall, Faiss is an amazing school.

Posted September 11, 2013
Wilbur and Theresa Faiss Middle School is a great school. I like the way my teachers relate too me. I think my school could improve by helping more with community outreach.

Wilbur & Theresa Faiss Middle School
9525 West Maule Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89148
Last modified Wilbur & Theresa Faiss Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilbur & Theresa Faiss Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top