Posted May 14, 2014
This school does not make accommodation for disabilities. They say they will but the teachers don't find the guidelines. Math teachers rely too heavily on Khan Academy and were only teaching 2 days per week. My son was also failed for not wearing dress pants and a dress shirt to his business class. The Dean of Students does try but the teachers just do their own thing. If you send your child, review the grades nightly. You have to stay on top of them. On the upside, my son likes the school.... I he didn't, I would have pulled him.

Southeast Career Technical Academy 4

Posted September 13, 2013
Great school and made it easy to save money because I had a real job right out of school.

Southeast Career Technical Academy 2

Posted May 08, 2013
I have never regretted a decision in my life as much as choosing to attend SECTA. I have never felt less welcomed and wanted at school before as I do at SECTA. Their motto shouldn't be "We Build Futures" it should be "We do Whatever is Possible to get High Test Scores to Show the District." Out of every teacher I've had with four years at SECTA, I can't honestly say only two or three of them have ever truly cared about their students, which to me is unacceptable. By this review, I am by no means trying to keep you from wanting to attend SECTA, or sending your child there, to me, I just think that the school is corrupt, and not a safe, welcoming environment like they try to make it seem.

Posted April 21, 2013
My school is horrible the new buildings are ugly it was way better before. Not only that, but their math, art, and staff are really bad at what they do also extremely inconsiderate and rude. I'm moving schools I wouldn't recommend any parent to send their kid to this school it was good before, but not anymore.

Posted April 24, 2011
I do not recommend going here unless the desired intended major is not located anywhere else. This school nothing close to excellent. Students are in portables for the majority of their classes due to the sudden school remodeling, but unfortunately they have cut out a handful of majors because of the sudden remodeling the school will be going through. Their high graduation rating is not accomplished by their "great" teaching methods or because they pick intelligent individuals that show promise; it's achieved by kicking the students that struggle out. Even those that are actually intelligent but don't do well on one or two academic subjects will be sent back to their zoned school because their struggle on the academic subject(s).

Posted November 28, 2010
This school is excellent when is comes to preparing students for the real world. There is a sense of welcome when you enter the doors of South East Career Tech Academy.

Posted October 03, 2009
Dedicated teachers and students really trying to do their best. Amazing supportive staff and their motto is 'we build futures' which they really do!!

Posted September 18, 2009
I love this schoo! It is the most amazing place I have ever been when it comes to my education, and I am proud to say I attend this school!

Posted April 30, 2009
'A Superb School with Safe Surroundings' -Kobee

Posted January 12, 2009
I graduated from 'VoTech' in 2006 and all I can say is that this is a Fabulous school period! Of course it has some flaws, but this is probably the best high school in the Las Vegas area! Very education-centered, with a small atmosphere where students can really concentrate on learning and striving for sucess. Very good teachers overall, caring counselors, and the student body is simply so diverse and calm.. since it's an all magnet school everybody wants to do their best and is focused, thus causing a minimal amount of vandalism and/or violence within the school. In my whole 4 years at SNVTC or SECTA I can say we had like 2 fights, and they were arguments so it's a very safe school. I was involved in numerous organizations and Varsity Cheerleading! Fabulous school, the best in the Valley by far! L*

5710 Mountain Vista Drive, Las Vegas, NV  89120
Last modified Southeast Career Technical Academy is a Public school that serves grades 9-12
Southeast Career Technical Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top