9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Definitely preparing them for college in the accelerated classes.They are not coddled or babied, plenty of independent work they need to take the initiative on.

My daughter started at Desert Oasis this year, 2015-16. She loves the school, she is taking all accelerated courses which I am very impressed with the curriculum. She has been involved with the sports programs which have been so much fun for her and us as well. The students I have heard about on the national and local level are exceptionally kind, and compassionate, along with all of her team mates and friends she has made. They are down to earth, well grounded intelligent young adults. I am proud to have her be a Diamond Back. One last thing the schools team spirit and support of each other is phenomenal.

Desert Oasis High School is the best high school. I've been here for a while and its been alot of fun. Though previous years may not have been as good, this your is great so far. We recently received a brand-new principal. The staff here keeps it as "up-beat" as possible. Teachers here try their hardest to make sure students pass. If you don't understand something, they will continuously explain the subject untill you feel comfortable with it. I feel that Desert Oasis is alot better than other students seem to think. Most students do not see what goes on "behind-the-scenes." The Desert Oasis Staff/ Student Council/ and Honor Society tries their hardest to take care of all of the students, and to keep the school as clean and as enjoyable as possible for the students.

This school cares more on dress code. your gonna call bunch of student and then talk about dress code. teaching is pretty good but why students can't go any besides cafeteria on lunch time. You should give your students free high school life at school. and its their free time so you should let them where do they wanna go. In California students are allowed to go anywhere part of the school. besides that it's all good bout teaching. and stop talking bout dress code. students are getting annoyed of it.

I am a student at Desert Oasis High school i know that D.O is not a bad school in fact i am proud to be there. Yes we have our handfull of fights and the foods not the best but the staff members do seem to care and help Bette us students. That's all we should ask for. And there are no real gang bangers just wannabes.

I was apart of the first graduating class at Desert Oasis in 2010, and I can say by far I am lucky to have attended this school. The programs and extracurricular activities at this school are amazing- from Journalism, Marketing, Business, Mechanical workshops, etc. Having all of these programs sure prepared me (and many other students) for college. Thanks to the commitment and passion of the teachers and staff, I am now attending the University of Southern California (USC). Desert Oasis is a wondering foundation and a spring board to allow your child to succeed in their post secondary education; that is IF they apply themselves while at Desert Oasis. I still live by the school's motto, and surprising found myself quoting it to someone just the other day, "Strike At Every Opportunity!" Love you D.O! [I just had a brief moment of nostalgia, lol!]

There are no gangs at Desert Oasis High School, so, that's a ridiculous claim. It's not the best school, but it certainly isn't the worst. The teachers are outstanding, and they really do care. The people with the problem would be the students. If they're blaming teachers, they should be blaming themselves for poor grades and such. Desert Oasis is doing pretty well, for being in a state that's in the 50th state ranking in all of America..

This is the worst school ever, lots of drugs, gangs, bullying, I had to pull my child out, because the principle would not do anything about the gang activity in this school.

Very disappointed in this school, very poorly ran, no communication with the parents, Deans are on a power trip with the parents. My child will no longer be in the CCSD, my child will be in home school so he will get the education that this school is so lacking.

I agree whole heartedly ! The teachers have for the most part communicated well when asked via email. THE ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL has an ego that doesnt allow him to be contacted, return calls, or make appointments. The guy outta be reasigned to an inner city school, where fewer parents wanna talk to him. I do like th school and enviroment for my kids.

Last modified Desert Oasis High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.