9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Posted October 29, 2014
Desert Oasis High School is the best high school. I've been here for a while and its been alot of fun. Though previous years may not have been as good, this your is great so far. We recently received a brand-new principal. The staff here keeps it as "up-beat" as possible. Teachers here try their hardest to make sure students pass. If you don't understand something, they will continuously explain the subject untill you feel comfortable with it. I feel that Desert Oasis is alot better than other students seem to think. Most students do not see what goes on "behind-the-scenes." The Desert Oasis Staff/ Student Council/ and Honor Society tries their hardest to take care of all of the students, and to keep the school as clean and as enjoyable as possible for the students.

Desert Oasis High School 2

Posted September 14, 2014
This school cares more on dress code. your gonna call bunch of student and then talk about dress code. teaching is pretty good but why students can't go any besides cafeteria on lunch time. You should give your students free high school life at school. and its their free time so you should let them where do they wanna go. In California students are allowed to go anywhere part of the school. besides that it's all good bout teaching. and stop talking bout dress code. students are getting annoyed of it.

Desert Oasis High School 3

Posted January 19, 2014
I am a student at Desert Oasis High school i know that D.O is not a bad school in fact i am proud to be there. Yes we have our handfull of fights and the foods not the best but the staff members do seem to care and help Bette us students. That's all we should ask for. And there are no real gang bangers just wannabes.

Posted December 11, 2013
I was apart of the first graduating class at Desert Oasis in 2010, and I can say by far I am lucky to have attended this school. The programs and extracurricular activities at this school are amazing- from Journalism, Marketing, Business, Mechanical workshops, etc. Having all of these programs sure prepared me (and many other students) for college. Thanks to the commitment and passion of the teachers and staff, I am now attending the University of Southern California (USC). Desert Oasis is a wondering foundation and a spring board to allow your child to succeed in their post secondary education; that is IF they apply themselves while at Desert Oasis. I still live by the school's motto, and surprising found myself quoting it to someone just the other day, "Strike At Every Opportunity!" Love you D.O! [I just had a brief moment of nostalgia, lol!]

Desert Oasis High School 4

Posted May 17, 2013
There are no gangs at Desert Oasis High School, so, that's a ridiculous claim. It's not the best school, but it certainly isn't the worst. The teachers are outstanding, and they really do care. The people with the problem would be the students. If they're blaming teachers, they should be blaming themselves for poor grades and such. Desert Oasis is doing pretty well, for being in a state that's in the 50th state ranking in all of America..

Posted April 27, 2013
This is the worst school ever, lots of drugs, gangs, bullying, I had to pull my child out, because the principle would not do anything about the gang activity in this school.

Posted April 16, 2012
Very disappointed in this school, very poorly ran, no communication with the parents, Deans are on a power trip with the parents. My child will no longer be in the CCSD, my child will be in home school so he will get the education that this school is so lacking.

Desert Oasis High School 4

Posted January 23, 2012
I agree whole heartedly ! The teachers have for the most part communicated well when asked via email. THE ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL has an ego that doesnt allow him to be contacted, return calls, or make appointments. The guy outta be reasigned to an inner city school, where fewer parents wanna talk to him. I do like th school and enviroment for my kids.

Posted June 14, 2011
Unbelievably dissapointing. After several phone calls and emails I have yet to hear from any of my sons teachers or counslors. They seem to really care very little for the success of children. Why become a teacher if you don't care? Its very sad that this is a new school, and yet our first year was extremely dissapointing. No doubt I have a teenager who needs to be pushed, but it would be nice to know I sent him to school every day to be taught by teachers who actually care. The office staff is very unattentive and at times rude.

Posted February 19, 2011
Amazing school with amazing people. Filled with intelligence, talent, and teamwork. I couldnt possibly dream of going to any other school. I wanted to go to LVA for singing, but then i saw D.O's choir and definitely knew i wanted to go there. . I love this school so much. Go diamondbacks!

Desert Oasis High School
6600 West Erie Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89141
Last modified Desert Oasis High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Desert Oasis High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top