9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,813

Posted May 03, 2015
This is the best high school in the east area hands down. Two of my sons attended and they loved every year at ECTA! They both really enjoyed performing in the school plays including dinner murder mysteries and fun productions such as Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland. We (and everyone else attending) loved every production! Mrs. Vlaming is the best drama teacher and she has done amazing things for students interested in drama and fashion design, with a fashion show every year. The culinary teachers are all amazing too. Chef Hull even went out of her way to come see my son perform across town from her home on a Saturday morning at the High School Jester's Improv finals. Chef Watkins has also provided amazing instruction and support. Mr. New (broadcast journalism, video production, and graphic design) provides the expertise to bring out the talent of the students who put forth the effort to excel. The principal Mrs. Goetting is very connected with the students taking time to stop and talk to them and lend support in a variety of ways. It is evident that she supports the teachers (who love their jobs) in their efforts to help the students.

Posted April 24, 2015
My son attended this school and I was very impressed with everything except the Drivers Ed class. The teacher was always late to school and my son said they did not learn much. I enrolled him in an out of school program.

Posted January 30, 2014
I want my son goes there, is a great school, he is A-B honor roll student on Jerome d Mack middle school I wish the best for his future.

East Career Technical Academy 3

Posted March 03, 2013
Best school on the East side of town, however in comparison with other Tech schools such as Southeast, Southwest, West, and Northwest. East has weaker students and not much parental involvement. There are excellent teachers, strong leadership, and a great AP program that students are able to take advantage of but more students need to be motivated to learn and need to appreciate their teachers more like other Tech schools.

Posted January 10, 2013
an AMAZING school. friendly environment and teachers actually TEACH! it prepares you for college. if you are serious about your education, attend this school.

Posted September 30, 2012
I absolutely love this school. It has a college feel to it & it prepares us for the future. I never thought I could actually enjoy going to school, but once I came here, I was definitely proved wrong. The teachers, staff, & students are very friendly and I don't feel out of place at all. One thing for sure is that ONLY attend this school if you're serious about your learning. The teachers are very strict with helping you keep your grades up & that's exactly what I love. I do have to wake up much earlier than what I was used to, but it is definitely worth it. I absolutely recommend this school to any upcoming freshman . :)

Posted May 17, 2012
Lots of clubs for students to be in. Great Student environment, A student who was been here 3 years, We are the Mountain.I would never go to my Home school because i love it here at ECTA. Am a proud student who is a JUNIOR class 0f 2013.

Posted November 15, 2011
ECTA. There is something special in those 4 letters. To me, it doesn't just stand for East Carrer & Technical Academy. In my eyes, these letters represent four values that are instilled into every graduate. E - Education to not only survive, but to thrive in the real world C - Common sence to think through decisions and our futures and to make the right choices to ensure a better tomorrow T - Time spent to ensure that we are not just giving projects and assignments half of our abilities, but giving them all we got! A - Amazingly outstanding memories and friendships between students and staff members that will last forever in our hearts. I am currently a senior at this amazing school and I know this school has something special that no other school in this vally has. The teachers do so much to help to ensure you not only succeed, but thrive. Many of the teachers think nothing of it to stay after or come a little early to school to help a student who is confused or struggling. The key thing all parents and future students should know is that this school is dedicated to your future and, if you are not ready to put in the time and the effort, do not attend.

Posted August 08, 2011
East Tech is the school for a student who is passionate to learn about their future career. We are pushed to do our best and receive plenty of rewards such as dances, talent shows, and creative dress up days. Though there are no sports at this school, we excel in theater, cheer leading, broadcast journalism, DECA, and other student organizations. We are independent but still get plenty of help from teachers and fellow students.

Posted October 15, 2010
Thankfully, the quality of education at this school is very high, the teachers care about the students, and (most importantly) the students actually LEARN something.

East Career Technical Academy
6705 Vegas Valley Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89142
Last modified East Career Technical Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Career Technical Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top