9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

NOTE: EVERYTHING THEY DON'T TELL YOU... What this school doesn't tell you is that you can't leave during the school year because of some contract. Plus, there are some teachers that don't teach at all. To be honest, there is no integrity. This is also a Project Based Learning school (PBL) which means that you are required to present multiple projects for multiple classes throughout the year. There would be times that out of no where all these PBL's assignments would pile up because of lack of communication of teachers. It would be very stressful and I don't know how seniors do it. Something else you need to know is the fact that we are divided into three houses. House 1: Education and Medical House 2: Culinary and Marketing House 3: Information Tech, Electronic Tech, Contruction and Auto. In other words, we are segregated depending on our programs. In total we have eight classes, four each day. Also, our electives are mixed with upper and lower classmen. Plus, we don't have art our any music of some sort other than dance. Another important thing is that freshman and sophmores have to run a timed mile every week for the whole school year. In addition, if you're a girl, you run on the blacktop which is the parking lot. If you're a guy, you run on the fake grass called turf . Not to mention the fact that the locker rooms are super small and some even dress in the bathroom even though we are not supposed to. Furthermore, we don't have those kind of assemblies like those at Vegas HS, we don't even have a gym for that. We use the quad which is always packed and very difficult to see if you happen to be the last ones to get there. Plus, it gets really chaotic. Moreover, ever since we got a new principal a lot of great teachers who ACTUALLY taught us something are leaving. Such as Coach Ray who taught Driver's EDucation and College Survival Skills. He was probably the most relatable teacher, as well as those who left. As a matter of fact , I would like to point out that we don't have individual desks with there seats attached, we have huge tables. At first, the school may look confusing because all the hallways look alike. By the end of the year you will know which hallway has the cleanest and stocked restrooms. Whether or not your going to attend this school I hope this helped.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Every student has the chance to excel in a field they are truly interested in and the teachers are wonderful

I have a step daughter who attends ECTA and she has never been happier with her teachers and the cirriculum

This is the best high school in the east area hands down. Two of my sons attended and they loved every year at ECTA! They both really enjoyed performing in the school plays including dinner murder mysteries and fun productions such as Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland. We (and everyone else attending) loved every production! Mrs. Vlaming is the best drama teacher and she has done amazing things for students interested in drama and fashion design, with a fashion show every year. The culinary teachers are all amazing too. Chef Hull even went out of her way to come see my son perform across town from her home on a Saturday morning at the High School Jester's Improv finals. Chef Watkins has also provided amazing instruction and support. Mr. New (broadcast journalism, video production, and graphic design) provides the expertise to bring out the talent of the students who put forth the effort to excel. The principal Mrs. Goetting is very connected with the students taking time to stop and talk to them and lend support in a variety of ways. It is evident that she supports the teachers (who love their jobs) in their efforts to help the students.

My son attended this school and I was very impressed with everything except the Drivers Ed class. The teacher was always late to school and my son said they did not learn much. I enrolled him in an out of school program.

I want my son goes there, is a great school, he is A-B honor roll student on Jerome d Mack middle school I wish the best for his future.

Best school on the East side of town, however in comparison with other Tech schools such as Southeast, Southwest, West, and Northwest. East has weaker students and not much parental involvement. There are excellent teachers, strong leadership, and a great AP program that students are able to take advantage of but more students need to be motivated to learn and need to appreciate their teachers more like other Tech schools.

an AMAZING school. friendly environment and teachers actually TEACH! it prepares you for college. if you are serious about your education, attend this school.

I absolutely love this school. It has a college feel to it & it prepares us for the future. I never thought I could actually enjoy going to school, but once I came here, I was definitely proved wrong. The teachers, staff, & students are very friendly and I don't feel out of place at all. One thing for sure is that ONLY attend this school if you're serious about your learning. The teachers are very strict with helping you keep your grades up & that's exactly what I love. I do have to wake up much earlier than what I was used to, but it is definitely worth it. I absolutely recommend this school to any upcoming freshman . :)

Lots of clubs for students to be in. Great Student environment, A student who was been here 3 years, We are the Mountain.I would never go to my Home school because i love it here at ECTA. Am a proud student who is a JUNIOR class 0f 2013.

Last modified East Career Technical Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.