Public charter
Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 4,500

Posted March 13, 2015
I love this school and there is no better school.I've been at this school for a month that is enough to know how great this school is. The teachers there are nice, the staff are amazing i love my school. Plus im a kid i know what kid want their school to be like.

Posted February 11, 2015
As a 7 year veteran Learning Coach with with 2 students, 4th and 8th, I am so thankful for the school choice option NVVA provides! The admin and teaching staff has showed our family tremendous support. Parents interested in virtual learning need to understand that the role of Learning Coach is as a Teacher working with and on a team with other Teachers. Your success is determined by your commitment.

Posted August 08, 2014
I love this school. My son is about to start fifth grade, his third year, at NVVA. The field trips during the school year are organized by the teachers,and there is one every month. At least for fourth grade there was one every month. The school district here in Vegas has placed 50th for the past three years and I know for a fact that they do not have the resources to teach the students anything close to what k12 curriculum offers. I know the time the students have to put into the lessons can be overwhelming and challenging, but I would prefer that for my son over going to a school that can't provide a curriculum with high expectations. I have always encountered encouraging teachers and staff always willing to help in any way they can.

Posted April 20, 2014
This school is not good. There was a bullying incident where the Staff and Faculty did nothing about it. THERE ARE A LOT OF DRUGS THERE!!If you do not want your child to become involved with the wrong crowd and hate bullying, I do not recommend sending your child there.

Posted April 05, 2014
The Nevada Virtual Academy is currently attempting to phase out their Foundations courses that are taught by special education teachers for special needs students, who need extra support. The school is becoming extremely academic focused and is losing sight of the fact that these heightened expectations, while beneficial in the long run must be effectively and smoothly transitioned to students. There are a number of very effective measures that have been instituted, including but not limited to face to face tutoring and more CRT/HSPE preparation available in live tutoring setting and virtual. It is my impression from working with Nevada Virtual Academy, that despite taking full federal and state grant funded programs that its administration and school board are very private in their practices. It is my belief that a public charter school should be open to public board meetings, where parents and teachers are invited monthly. One of the challenges that many failing students will face next year is the inability to return. It is with great hope that these students who view Nevada Virtual Academy as their best chance of graduation are seen as much more than just a number.

Posted March 15, 2014
This used to be my daughter's school. We were satisfied and even encouraged another student to join. Now I regret recommending the school. I am a math teacher tutoring this friend's daughter and NVVA changed the math curriculum at mid-year with no explanation or support. This student went from an A in prealgebra to an F. And I can see why. The Edgenuity videos are tedious and boring. And they don't adequately explain what she sees on tests and quizzes. And the teachers are struggling too. NVVA's response is they are stuck with it for the rest of this semester. So they are willing to toss out this student's past success for a bad contract and program! I am disgusted and will be telling everyone I know about these issues! If you want your prealgebra student to learn then do NOT sign up for NVVA or Edgenuity!

Posted March 02, 2014
Totally agree with this parent's review: "Terrible teachers not supportive or organized dishonest practices administration not reliable also rude as also staff over low budget mentality mixed with unprofessional mannerisms " Submitted by a parent

Posted February 26, 2014

Posted February 26, 2014
terrible teachers dishonest practices administration clearly out of loop rude and uninterested in solving issues Unqualied staff not a accredited school petty attitudes mixed with a low quality mannerisms No virtual lessons

Posted December 28, 2013
Love this school! The middle school special Ed teachers a great. Real caring! My child is a few years behind but I love he gets time with just his teacher and his classes are at his level. He felt stupid in regular school here his teacher works with him and a few other kids! She always responds to our questions!!

Nevada Virtual Academy
8965 S. Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Nevada Virtual Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Nevada Virtual Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top