Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

This school was great the first two years my daughter attended. Then they implemented pathways and mandatory class connects where my kids learn nothing and waste 3 hours of our morning. I chose to skip state mandated testing and they dropped my kids a whole letter grade in every subject because of it. It's become so ridiculous. If my kids miss a class connect the teachers can not allow them to make up the assignments that were given out so my kids end up with an F in the grade book and no chance of making it up! I have repeatedly asked to put them on independent since my kids are all advanced but have been told no. They assign all this busy work on various sites that they require the kids to complete daily yet its not even graded. We have been toughing it out these 12 weeks of school but after the xmas break we are withdrawing and doing true homeschooling and not virtual public school with all the restrictions. I hate it because we have been with them for 4 years and the curriculum is great but the school itself is terrible.

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

There is no opportunity for bullying. Field trips are rare these days so the kids barely ever meet up.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

They assign to much busy work and I realize they are simply reading the lessons from the lesson guide books all parents recieve. As if they don't trust parents to follow the assignments themselves.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

It's not focused on leadership at all in my opinion.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The school has become all abotu numbers not individualized learning as their moto states.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers are very unhelpful and basically robots. They quickly refer you to a FAST rep for intervention when they don't get you to comply.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The homework is pointless and becomes way to much on top of all the other busy work they give.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Very repetitive, useless homework. Some teachers use the sites as a way to be lazy and just assign time on them instead of actual teaching.

NVVA was fine for the first part, then for the next my daughter got new teachers, and all they did was assign her a ton of busy work on various websites. It was incredibly repetitive and time-wasting. I called MANY times, asking to be on the independent pathway. My daughter is fairly advanced, and didn't need the repetive time-wasters. I was assured several times that I would be called right back within a day or two. One week later I was still trying to get a principal to answer the phone, and to return my calls. I finally had to give up and withdraw since I was unwilling to torture my daughter with the poor practices of NVVA.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

How do you know for sure if students are not copying from the internet since it is a virtual academy during a test or quiz.

Last modified Nevada Virtual Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.