Public charter
Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,200
Before care: Yes

Posted October 26, 2014
I disagree with the last review. The lunch now is just as bad as the last.. Anyway that's just a minor issue of this school.. They need more teachers that speak English. Cleaner bathrooms, and stop getting greedy with making money. I don't know how this school stays open. I pulled my kids out. DON'T LET YOUR KIDS GO TO THIS DUMP...

Posted October 10, 2014
Imagine receiving a private school education... for free. That is what Coral Academy offers. The class sizes are a fraction of what they typically are in public schools. Coral nurtures the children's natural abilities and talent. They also just started a new lunch program. Yes, it's pricier than typical school lunches, but then again, processed food is cheap and that's not what they're offering. Overall, it's a great school and really pushing our son every way and he's enjoying it every step of the way.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 4

Posted August 30, 2014
My son and daughter have been at the different campus for the last 5 years. And the last 3 they have been buying their lunch everyday. I am so sorry to say never again. They had such a great lunch program and now it's the worst. We are now bringing our lunch and I would suggest you do the same.

Posted August 29, 2014
this school expects nothing but the best; however, make sure you pack your child lunch.

Posted July 28, 2014
I wish I could give it 0 stars.. this school is the most unorganized dirtiest school with the highest turnover (with teachers) any where on the entire US..

Posted July 28, 2014
To the person commenting on PE requirements: In CCSD, students are only required to take one semester in 6th grade and 8th grade. At Coral Academy, Students take a full year of PE in 6th and 7th grade. Also, it is available as an elective in 8th grade if students want to take it. They may not be required to take it in 8th grade, but middle school students at Coral Academy are still getting double the amount of PE than they normally would in the district, and probably most other middle schools in Vegas for that matter.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 4

Posted June 17, 2014
Coral is not for everyone, but our family has been extremely pleased with our son's education. He had an inspirational 1st grade teacher who exposed him to history, economics, social studies, & science. Her approach to math helped him learn the "number sense" emphasized by the new common core. His teacher promoted independent reading and encouraged him to ask questions. The parents, students, & teachers who comprise the Coral Family at Tamarus also make the community a special place. It takes a huge commitment to attend a charter school that may not be housed in the fanciest structure, or closest to your neighborhood. I like the diversity and parent involvement with each student's scholastic achievements.

Posted June 03, 2014
Am I the only parent that is bewildered that they do not REQUIRE Physical Education for 8th grade students? Yes, education is a priority, but it is equal with the overall health of the students, and with all of the news coverage regarding overweight children, to not even require 1 day of PE for 8th graders is unacceptable!

Posted May 19, 2014
This school is not someplace that I would ever want my child to go to again! The school is not cleaned daily. The restrooms can be smelled down the hall which is disgusting. The classrooms are too small for the amount of children put in them. The kids seem to get sick all the time because the school is so unclean and illness seems to continuously be passed. The administration has no idea what some of the teachers are doing in their classrooms. It seems that there is no accountability for the teachers at all and it is pretty much a free for all. I have not been impressed with the school curriculum or lack there of. Outside where the children play there is no grass for them to play in, it is all dirt. The school is very unorganized which I believe is caused by poor administration. My child in second grade has had four different teachers this year and I don't understand how a child is supposed to learn with this high of a turnover rate of teachers. From what I ve seen year to year many teachers leave within a year or two and they seem to have to hire many new teachers each year. This should be a huge red flag for both parents and the administration.This place is horrible!

Posted May 05, 2014
This school is fantastic !! the principal and office support staff are friendly and efficient . The campus is clean and well appointed. But its really the teachers here that shine the brightest . The teachers here go above and beyond for their students. They have given my son the extra time , attention ,and tutoring when needed , to help him excel and succeed . They are always communicating with me , so we can work together to make my sons school experience positive and successful . I am so grateful to have the opportunity to send my son to such a fine school. I would like to express my gratitude to two exceptional teachers at this school, math teacher Annette Martin and reading teacher Danielle Swords . If you are fortunate enough to have these teachers for your child , I am sure I will be reading your positive review here soon

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas
8185 Tamarus St, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 154 reviews. Top