Posted March 10, 2015
This school is still very unorganized and the lack of communication is disheartening. I am going to try to resolve some of my issues with the school, but if I'm unable to I will definitely be contacting a higher authority!

Posted February 13, 2015
My daughter started kindergarten at Coral with Mrs. Herman who teaches advanced Kindergarten. Mrs. Herman is hands down the greatest teacher we've ever had. He patience, kind heart and passion for her career shows. My daughter is in grade 1 and still stops to give hugs to Mrs. Herman. The administration has changed for the good the school is organized with support to teachers, children and parents. Web Programs they use such as ixl.com and i-ready are helping children excel and fill in gaps where they're struggling. The only thing missing the new campus we've been told about. The class rooms are quite small and cramped which makes it difficult for storage etc.

Posted October 26, 2014
I disagree with the last review. The lunch now is just as bad as the last.. Anyway that's just a minor issue of this school.. They need more teachers that speak English. Cleaner bathrooms, and stop getting greedy with making money. I don't know how this school stays open. I pulled my kids out. DON'T LET YOUR KIDS GO TO THIS DUMP...

Posted October 10, 2014
Imagine receiving a private school education... for free. That is what Coral Academy offers. The class sizes are a fraction of what they typically are in public schools. Coral nurtures the children's natural abilities and talent. They also just started a new lunch program. Yes, it's pricier than typical school lunches, but then again, processed food is cheap and that's not what they're offering. Overall, it's a great school and really pushing our son every way and he's enjoying it every step of the way.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 4

Posted August 30, 2014
My son and daughter have been at the different campus for the last 5 years. And the last 3 they have been buying their lunch everyday. I am so sorry to say never again. They had such a great lunch program and now it's the worst. We are now bringing our lunch and I would suggest you do the same.

Posted August 29, 2014
this school expects nothing but the best; however, make sure you pack your child lunch.

Posted July 28, 2014
I wish I could give it 0 stars.. this school is the most unorganized dirtiest school with the highest turnover (with teachers) any where on the entire US..

Posted July 28, 2014
To the person commenting on PE requirements: In CCSD, students are only required to take one semester in 6th grade and 8th grade. At Coral Academy, Students take a full year of PE in 6th and 7th grade. Also, it is available as an elective in 8th grade if students want to take it. They may not be required to take it in 8th grade, but middle school students at Coral Academy are still getting double the amount of PE than they normally would in the district, and probably most other middle schools in Vegas for that matter.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 4

Posted June 17, 2014
Coral is not for everyone, but our family has been extremely pleased with our son's education. He had an inspirational 1st grade teacher who exposed him to history, economics, social studies, & science. Her approach to math helped him learn the "number sense" emphasized by the new common core. His teacher promoted independent reading and encouraged him to ask questions. The parents, students, & teachers who comprise the Coral Family at Tamarus also make the community a special place. It takes a huge commitment to attend a charter school that may not be housed in the fanciest structure, or closest to your neighborhood. I like the diversity and parent involvement with each student's scholastic achievements.

Posted June 03, 2014
Am I the only parent that is bewildered that they do not REQUIRE Physical Education for 8th grade students? Yes, education is a priority, but it is equal with the overall health of the students, and with all of the news coverage regarding overweight children, to not even require 1 day of PE for 8th graders is unacceptable!
2 people found this helpful

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas
8185 Tamarus St, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 156 reviews. Top