Posted June 11, 2015
Coral Academy of Las Vegas is an excellent school, outstanding academics curriculum. Needs improvement in extra- curriculum activities.

Posted May 19, 2015
I have been at Coral for three years now at the Tamarus campus. I absolutely love the small environment. Most of the teachers and staff know all of the students by name and everyone seems to really care. I love that there is an open relationship with the teachers and administration. All of the teachers and Directors have always gotten back to me and met with me when I needed to talk about my children. I have always been able to volunteer and they welcome parent involvement with open arms. There are lots of after school clubs and tutoring available for the kids and mine have participated in after school activities since we started at Coral. The school is still growing and developing and that is hard for some parents to understand. I feel lucky to be part of the Coral family and we are excited to grow with them.

Posted March 10, 2015
This school is still very unorganized and the lack of communication is disheartening. I am going to try to resolve some of my issues with the school, but if I'm unable to I will definitely be contacting a higher authority!
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 13, 2015
My daughter started kindergarten at Coral with Mrs. Herman who teaches advanced Kindergarten. Mrs. Herman is hands down the greatest teacher we've ever had. He patience, kind heart and passion for her career shows. My daughter is in grade 1 and still stops to give hugs to Mrs. Herman. The administration has changed for the good the school is organized with support to teachers, children and parents. Web Programs they use such as ixl.com and i-ready are helping children excel and fill in gaps where they're struggling. The only thing missing the new campus we've been told about. The class rooms are quite small and cramped which makes it difficult for storage etc.

Posted October 26, 2014
I disagree with the last review. The lunch now is just as bad as the last.. Anyway that's just a minor issue of this school.. They need more teachers that speak English. Cleaner bathrooms, and stop getting greedy with making money. I don't know how this school stays open. I pulled my kids out. DON'T LET YOUR KIDS GO TO THIS DUMP...

Posted October 10, 2014
Imagine receiving a private school education... for free. That is what Coral Academy offers. The class sizes are a fraction of what they typically are in public schools. Coral nurtures the children's natural abilities and talent. They also just started a new lunch program. Yes, it's pricier than typical school lunches, but then again, processed food is cheap and that's not what they're offering. Overall, it's a great school and really pushing our son every way and he's enjoying it every step of the way.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 4

Posted August 30, 2014
My son and daughter have been at the different campus for the last 5 years. And the last 3 they have been buying their lunch everyday. I am so sorry to say never again. They had such a great lunch program and now it's the worst. We are now bringing our lunch and I would suggest you do the same.

Posted August 29, 2014
this school expects nothing but the best; however, make sure you pack your child lunch.

Posted July 28, 2014
I wish I could give it 0 stars.. this school is the most unorganized dirtiest school with the highest turnover (with teachers) any where on the entire US..

Posted July 28, 2014
To the person commenting on PE requirements: In CCSD, students are only required to take one semester in 6th grade and 8th grade. At Coral Academy, Students take a full year of PE in 6th and 7th grade. Also, it is available as an elective in 8th grade if students want to take it. They may not be required to take it in 8th grade, but middle school students at Coral Academy are still getting double the amount of PE than they normally would in the district, and probably most other middle schools in Vegas for that matter.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas
8185 Tamarus St, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 158 reviews. Top