Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted August 23, 2016
My two daughters are going on to their second year of school here at Coral and they both were so excited for school to start, they made me count down the days til summer vacation was over! They absolutely love this school! My daughters (1st & 3rd) have had their hardships when it comes to certain learning material and with each child, their teacher would speak to me about the issue and different ways we can approach the situation. They offered free tutoring after school and also weekly meetings which helped out so much! Communication was great from all staff members. I can honestly say I felt both of their teachers as well as a great portion of the staff truly cared about their education and just plain helping them grow in life. I'm 100% happy that we made the switch to Coral Academy and I always recommend the school to anyone interested in finding a great school that cares.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 2

Posted June 10, 2016
my son and my daughter used to attend public school, they used to be straight A students with lots of awards on the wall, but ever since they switched to coral academy their grades has been from bad to worse, i regret taking the decision to switch schools, i just did because my daughter where stressing out due to bullying, but now I'm the one stressing out just thinking about their grades and how this will affect their future.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 02, 2016
Mrs. Messenger is a GEM! She actively makes sure my son is on point, and encourages him to do his best each and every day without belittling him or merely accepting that "it's just too hard." She is not only engaging, she plays to my son's strengths to help him progress from his weaknesses. Thank you for being such an amazing teacher!!!

Posted February 02, 2016
I was very hesitant to allowing my son to transfer to this school because school is a struggle for him (he is a younger 2nd grader). Knowing this was a college-prep, STEM-involved school I was afraid he would fall even more behind. I was very pleasantly surprised that his teacher noticed his struggle early-on (within the first couple weeks of school starting) and offered to tutor him once a week to get him caught up to the rest of the class. I have noticed SIGNIFICANT improvement in his grades and his self-esteem when it comes to his work. Mrs. Messenger channeled his strengths and helps him learn other ways of looking at things. I love the communication I get from her and the rest of the staff. It genuinely feels like everyone cares for my child and wants to help him succeed in every aspect of his learning experience here. I absolutely LOVE Coral Academy and I truly believe it was the best decision regarding my son's education.

Posted December 05, 2015
I have three kids in this school. As a parent, I see the teaching at this school to be truly inspirational and this is complemented with a a growing number of extracurricular activities, events and clubs.Teachers are extremely helpful and very available to their students. Every teacher provides free tutoring after school. The school is strong in all subjects, but I would say that the Sports and Music departments are weakest. I like small class sizes and friendly environment. Math and Science teachers always assign advanced students harder material. My daughter was asked to do an independent study in her area of interest instead of a final test last year. However, school has become crowded and they do not have lockers.

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 1

Posted November 18, 2015
This school needs to be shut down. Between the filth and the teachers lack of English. I'm pulling my kids out next year! !!

Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas 4

Posted August 31, 2015
My granddaughter went to this school all three years. She has excelled in all her studies which I attribute to the great teaching staff. I know she wouldn't have gotten this type of education in our public schools. The school does have its problems like small classrooms and no parking. But I believe my granddaughters education out ways the few minor problems with the school. My granddaughter has now gone on to the next campus which I hope her excellent education continues. And no I'm not a teacher who is writing this post. My

Posted August 27, 2015
Our family has been at Coral for 4 years now and we love it. We have had great teachers every single year. My kids are excited to go to school and are excelling. We are so proud to be in the Coral family.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted August 14, 2015
No respect because they don't practice it . They yell at their students and ignore their needs.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 14, 2015
There is no compassion or caring in this school . I have a huge list of incidents from our 1st grade experience.

8185 Tamarus St, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Coral Academy of Science Las Vegas is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.