K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I have had my children here for over 5 years. I love the staff and smallness of the school. Both the teachers and principals are engaged and know every child's name. I love reading the bad comments as well as the good ones. All I can say to those negative comments regarding parent engagement is; push harder, get involved, be present and know what is happening w/ your kids and the school. The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of it's small size and because of the sports program (nothing more than volleyball). All outsourced activities after-school except art. Front office staff in both upper and lower school; top notch.

My son is in kindergarten and he has had such a wonderful experience at SHPS. He is learning so much, and gets the attention he needs as his class is small and the teacher is great. I also love the fact that you can request the teacher that suits your child and the staff will work with you. Awesome private school!

This school made my child into an excellent student. Each teacher understands my child and seems to be honestly interested in her future success. I highly recommend Southern Highlands Preparatory School to any parent looking for small class sizes and individualized attention for their child.

I attended this school and proudly say I went here. I only was here for my two final years of middle school and it was great. It struggled a little with some political issues when I was there, but I continued to stay involved after I graduated and I wish I could go back. The school is under control of a new, great principal. I loved this school. I don't think this school prepared me as well as I could have been for high school, but I learned a lot. I was very involved when I attended and there is much to do. I think it's just a good school. The small classes may seem scary due to "lack of social skills" but I am so glad I was in a small class!! You make friendships that are special. All schools have flaws, there is no such thing as a perfect school. This school has its flaws, but I had such a positive experience there that the flaws just didn't matter. The teachers are great and easy to contact. Just in general and good school.

The school did not meet my expectations in any way, except for making sure children were safe. That is why I give them 2 stars, for their babysitting services. On the other hand, when it comes to academics, you are better off saving your money and sending your children to either public school or an out of state boarding school. The staff needs to update their pedagogical skills, to cope better with social situations that rise in the classroom, and outside the classroom to avoid jumping to conclusions of child abuse. My child was accused of being abused because she was suffering from an allergic reaction that caused skin to display bruise like symptoms. She was also escorted to the office and continuously asked if she was being abused at home! She was upset at all the questioning since she knew very well that the accusations were false. This school needs to get better training to detect true abuse and medical symptoms on children. Very disappointed with this scenario, in addition to many others that occurred through my child's stay at this particular school.

SHPS preschool is wonderful! Teachers are highly qualified and administration rocks! My children love it here and we are extremely happy!

This school is great. The administration and teachers are excellent. There is always a respect to any issue. I have two kids attending the school and we all enjoy every aspect of it. The only sad thing is that this school goes up to eight grade only. We wish for them to establish grades 9-12 as well. Thank you, Ms. Martin for wholeheartedly devoting yourself to all our kids and making this school to be the best in the State.

This school could be great but not with this current principal. Too much politics and pettiness - she appears to act vindictively towards teachers and there has been a lot of teacher turnover during the school year. A very unhealthy situation for students and a unfriendly snobby attitude from the administration...makes this place a joke. Put your money and kids somewhere else where they have true professionals.

My son started here preK. He's now in 3rd grade. Every teacher has been fantastic, and the principal has been unbelievably supportive. The kids are great, and my son has made some terrific friends. The curriculum is top notch and well presented by the staff. My wife and I are very happy with our choice to place our son here and would happily recommend this school to any of our friends moving to Vegas for their children.

Good teacher, good curriculum, and good staff. The lunch is pretty expensive for what is is. The kids can be rude and vain. Parent's don't seem to participate in school actuvities. The teachers give ALOT of homework...I can't help my kids with it because it is just too much/hard/etc. GREAT P.E. teacher and GREAT Spanish curriculum. This school is better than my kids old school but there are those rich snobs according to my kids. This is still a good school there. I would reccomend this to my friends. Oh! And there is not a really strong dicipline system. Kids can get away with alot of stuff that wouldn't pass at their old school.

Last modified Southern Highlands Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades K-8