Posted May 08, 2014
This school made my child into an excellent student. Each teacher understands my child and seems to be honestly interested in her future success. I highly recommend Southern Highlands Preparatory School to any parent looking for small class sizes and individualized attention for their child.

Southern Highlands Preparatory School 4

Posted April 22, 2014
I attended this school and proudly say I went here. I only was here for my two final years of middle school and it was great. It struggled a little with some political issues when I was there, but I continued to stay involved after I graduated and I wish I could go back. The school is under control of a new, great principal. I loved this school. I don't think this school prepared me as well as I could have been for high school, but I learned a lot. I was very involved when I attended and there is much to do. I think it's just a good school. The small classes may seem scary due to "lack of social skills" but I am so glad I was in a small class!! You make friendships that are special. All schools have flaws, there is no such thing as a perfect school. This school has its flaws, but I had such a positive experience there that the flaws just didn't matter. The teachers are great and easy to contact. Just in general and good school.

Posted October 17, 2013
SHPS preschool is wonderful! Teachers are highly qualified and administration rocks! My children love it here and we are extremely happy!

Posted July 18, 2013
This school is great. The administration and teachers are excellent. There is always a respect to any issue. I have two kids attending the school and we all enjoy every aspect of it. The only sad thing is that this school goes up to eight grade only. We wish for them to establish grades 9-12 as well. Thank you, Ms. Martin for wholeheartedly devoting yourself to all our kids and making this school to be the best in the State.

Southern Highlands Preparatory School 1

Posted February 01, 2012
This school could be great but not with this current principal. Too much politics and pettiness - she appears to act vindictively towards teachers and there has been a lot of teacher turnover during the school year. A very unhealthy situation for students and a unfriendly snobby attitude from the administration...makes this place a joke. Put your money and kids somewhere else where they have true professionals.

Posted December 24, 2011
My son started here preK. He's now in 3rd grade. Every teacher has been fantastic, and the principal has been unbelievably supportive. The kids are great, and my son has made some terrific friends. The curriculum is top notch and well presented by the staff. My wife and I are very happy with our choice to place our son here and would happily recommend this school to any of our friends moving to Vegas for their children.

Southern Highlands Preparatory School 3

Posted October 01, 2010
Good teacher, good curriculum, and good staff. The lunch is pretty expensive for what is is. The kids can be rude and vain. Parent's don't seem to participate in school actuvities. The teachers give ALOT of homework...I can't help my kids with it because it is just too much/hard/etc. GREAT P.E. teacher and GREAT Spanish curriculum. This school is better than my kids old school but there are those rich snobs according to my kids. This is still a good school there. I would reccomend this to my friends. Oh! And there is not a really strong dicipline system. Kids can get away with alot of stuff that wouldn't pass at their old school.

Southern Highlands Preparatory School 4

Posted May 11, 2010
My childrens' teachers are wonderful, but I get the impression they are spread too thin. We work hard to keep our children here and want the best education for them, but the teachers should be focusing on teaching- not daycare before and after school.

Posted February 23, 2010
Smart and supportive principal. Excellent, caring teachers. Well-organized and thoughtful programs. Love the Nobel learning information that reinforces good development. Worth the penny-pinching to keep our child here.

Southern Highlands Preparatory School 0

Posted February 20, 2010
teachers asked to work long hours for low pay. Causes a high turn over, with many teachers leaving in the middle of the year. Principle does not have positive control of this school. Some awesome teachers, but they are forced to look else where for job success. Makes it a bummer for our kids. Office needs to get it together to keep teachers around.

Southern Highlands Preparatory School
11500 Southern Highlands Parkway, Las Vegas, NV  89141
Last modified Southern Highlands Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Southern Highlands Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top