Las Vegas, NV

Centennial Academy 0

Posted March 31, 2010
My daughter attended Centennial Academy for Pre-K and Kindergarten. Started out great - but the founder of the school was a builder/developer, and as the economy went south, so did the school. By last year, the curriculum director was gone and it seemed like nobody was in charge full time. One Kindergarten teacher administered the pre-school and the other Kindergarten teacher administered the elementary school when they weren't busy teaching. Either that or they turned their class over to the aide, when they were busy administering. 4th grade teacher was also PE teacher. 3rd grade teacher was also the Spanish teacher. No PTA. Parents not encouraged to participate. Input not welcome. My daughter is much happier and doing well, in her current (public) school. Not surprised to hear that the school was closing.

Posted February 22, 2010
Great school to bad they are shuting it down, and turning it public on the 17 of jun. Now we have to find a new school for my three year old.

Posted October 20, 2009
My son was enrolled last year in the 1-yr old class, and this year we have him in the young toddler program. I feel that he's in really good hands. This is not a day-care environment--it's a preschool. There is a low staff turnover rate, and the staff is always friendly and attentive. All the kids usually seem happy in the class, unlike some other places I visited in the area. I also like safety here, and the fact they made accomodations from some of my son's unique medical needs. I really am happy we found this school for him.

Centennial Academy 1

Posted August 07, 2009

Posted June 07, 2009
My son just completed the Kindergarten program at Centennial Academy. This is our second child to attend Kindergarten at this school The teacher's ability to teach advanced curriculum in a developmentally appropriate fashion is extrodinary. Mrs. Swartout and Mrs. Carpenter are very good at identifying where a child is and building from there. I have worked with both of them on various issues with both of my sons with great success. When I pick my child up before and after school (not after care) they have been available to answer questions or bring issues to my attention in a timely manner. Extracurricular activities may not be abundunt but I am paying for reading, writing, and math skills as well as promoting appropriate learning and citizenship behaviors. I know many public schools with extracurricular activities but who are not challenging their kids in the core academic areas.

Centennial Academy 2

Posted June 06, 2009
This school has wonderful teachers and the cirriculum is great. There is no actual principal or vice principal so administration and activities are lacking. Parent communication needs to be improved, more extra-cirricular activites/sports need to be offered and events planned. Safety is a very wonderful feature here.

Centennial Academy 4

Posted June 01, 2009
I really enjoyed sending my son to school here. It's a shame we'll be moving away, but hopefully I can find a school as good. Academics: The students here are taught at an advanced pace compared to public schools, which I like. Administration: I believe that the principal also doubles as a teacher, so I can see a potential conflict there. I never had any issues with the school administration. Teachers: Love 'em! My son went here for three years and he always had good teachers. Extra-curricular activities: They have Mad Science, Kids 'n' Motion, Cooking, a chess club, and a few others. Not a real strong point. Safety and Discipline: I always felt that my son was in good hands at this school. There is almost no bullying. My only complaint: I did have a conflict with one of his teachers. She was pretty open about her political views. School should not include political indoctrination!!

Centennial Academy 0

Posted May 29, 2009
I have never met who owns the school and the prinicpal they put on their license is also a teacher therefore there is not much leadership. I have actually never met her and I am happy to be sending my child elsewhere.

Centennial Academy 1

Posted May 28, 2009
My child is required to go to this school because of a court order that she attend a private school. I am consistantly disappointed on how I am treated. My ex is required to pay the tution because this was their request in court, that she attend a private school. I am rarely notified of ANY activities, school projects and parent teacher confrences, even though I have joint custody. I am treated disrespectfully by most of the staff, including her teacher. There is 1 member of the staff that is always wonderful and she is not a teacher. The educational program is intensive and my daughter has learned alot but I have to say I have not been happy overall with the school and I would very much agree with the other review, it is all about the dollar.

Posted February 24, 2009
This school is wonderful. Very caring and knowledgeable teachers, great environment, wonderful cirriculum and great security. Our three children are thriving at Centennial Academy.

Centennial Academy