PK-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Posted April 10, 2015
We have three children at American Heritage. Our experience has been exceptional. Everything from the education to the teachers to the environment and standards of the school have exceeded our expectations. We feel like the time spent at school is a vital part of our children's lives. Not only for academics but standards and personal character as well. We no longer feel like our children are just a "number". They are known individually for their strengths and weakness. All of the staff members know all the students. No one gets left behind or forgotten about. Everyone is there to encourage and build up the children. We love American Heritage and are so happy to have our kids there. Many thanks!

Posted April 08, 2015
American Heritage Academy is an amazing school. My daughter went from being home schooled her entire academic career (through third grade) until she was enrolled at AHA for fourth grade. We were very concerned about her fitting in with the other children socially and academically. She has flourished at AHA! She has so many new friends and has been on the Honor Roll since day one. The staff and environment is loving, caring, dedicated and that spirit is infectious; the upper grades are mentors to the lower grades - from High School all the way to Kindergarten, and the parental commitment is unparalleled as well. We have made a firm commitment to keep our daughter enrolled at AHA until she graduates from High School. Our only regret is that we didn't find AHA in time for our 18 year old daughter to attend!

Posted April 08, 2015
I enrolled my daughters at AHA this school year. I have been impressed with the care and consideration given by the teachers and administration at American Heritage Academy. I love the values that the school represents. Leadership, Patriotism and Faith are missing in the public school system, and this school holds these to be of utmost importance. My 1st grader is thriving and reading at a 4th grade level. She is able to decode the majority of what she reads from the Bible, and I love that they study Bible stories in school. My 6th grade daughter has changed from being a shy introvert, to participating willingly in school productions. She has made wonderful friends and doesn't feel "lost" anymore. The teachers genuinely care about "all" students. I am so glad I made the change from the public school system to this wonderful school. My children have an increased love of school, God and Country. I love the individuals they are becoming as they attend American Heritage Academy.
2 people found this helpful

American Heritage Academy 1

Posted March 23, 2015
I recommend no one to go to this awful school. if you are not a mormon they will treat you with no respect. Also, this school is terrible because the teachers all have favorites if you haven't been at the school for along time you will treat your child badly. They say this is a christian school, but trust me it's not. All the students and staff are mormons and follow mormon rules. Don't get me started about the education my kid did not learn anything this year. Don't send your kids here you will regret it.

Posted June 02, 2014
My sister taught in the Las Vegas School system at a title 1 school. Too many horror stories and their large classes allow the kids to get lost in the system. I am so very thankful that we found this school. The kids get an outstanding education, along with christian values. I'm not a Mormon, and have never seen the school teach anything other than basic christian values. The academy values are outstanding, and our 1st grader is reading at a 4th grade level. AHA" AHA's IOWA test rankings are outstanding. I really want to thank all of the teachers and staff for their great work and dedication.

Posted May 31, 2014
I don't know why so much emphasis is placed on "everyone is Mormon." First of all, everyone is not, including my children and they love it. The values shown may be Mormon, but my family agrees with these so we don't have an issue. The school has high academics, loving teachers, and a fun yet challenging atmosphere. We are happy with our choice. As for the fundraising, all private schools do this. AHA at least does not make it mandatory.

American Heritage Academy 2

Posted May 16, 2014
My daughter went to American Heritage last year. Only for 4 months. We were disappointed. Her teacher would always misspell words. The school presents itself as a Christian school but everyone there is mormon. We felt deceived. They always try to raise money by doing fundraisers and asking for donations from parents. You'd think for the price of the tuition they would have enough funds to cover the students needs!

Posted May 14, 2014
My two kids go to American Heritage Academy, and I could not be more happy with the school, the teachers, the administration, the curriculum - you name it. Even better; my kids could not be more happy. Not a week goes by that I am not surprised at how much they are learning, and how well they are learning it. They are receiving a complete education. Both their minds and their souls are enriched every day. For any parents out there, please check out the school. I promise you will like what you see. At this point, I cannot imagine a better place for my kids.

Posted May 13, 2014
I can't imagine my kids attending any other school again!! They are so happy at AHA. It's priceless to find a place like this. The environment is filled with teachers and staff who care about each child. The small class sizes make it so that everyone knows my child's name. Having the personal attention from teachers is so rare. I can talk to or text them anytime I need to. I can visit the classroom and help out in the school. The other parents want the same things for their kids so we are like a family. My children are being taught to love their country and to love where they came from. Having an education based on fundamental Christian values is so rare. Starting everyday off with a prayer invites the Lord into their learning. Knowing the teachers are prayerful and asking for guidance everyday is so special. You can feel the special spirit in the building when you walk in the door. Being taught the way the founding fathers intended for our children to be taught is the best way to learn. They use classical literature that teachers morals and values. I am so happy with my choice to put my kids at this amazing school!

American Heritage Academy 3

Posted March 17, 2014
This school is great, and it's mostly Mormon. The class sizes are small as you get to the higher grades, when i went there were about 20 high schoolers. Their classes are fast paced and challenging, I do wish they have honors and regulars classes, but they just have honors

American Heritage Academy