PK-12 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Best school in clark county . Teachers are caring and always willing to help. I love that they are doing Saxton math and teach cursive from 2nd grade.

Superb! Everything about this school exceeds my expectations. The teachers, students and other parents have really made the last few years enjoyable. Everybody has really made my children feel loved and accepted. The activities for the students are really over the top. Eighth graders go to the East Coast to learn firsthand about the beginnings of our country. There have been numerous theatrical productions and it is amazing how many students they get involved. I just can't say enough.

I love American Heritage Academy. My children love going to school every day. They love their teachers and what they are learning. What a novel concept! I personally love how I feel when I walk into school. I love that I can contact the teachers whenever I need to. The teachers are professional and love what they do and it shows. They are experienced, loving and many have advanced degrees. Many have been there for a long time. The school activities are well organized, amazing and it makes me so proud to be part of such a great school. I am so glad I took a tour a couple of years ago and made the switch. Seeing is believing and in a way I am glad I can "go back to school."

If you are Mormon looking to surround yourself with a community of other active Mormons this is a great school for your family. The school does seem to provide a classical education with a solid curriculum. I DO NOT recommend this school to Christians looking for the advertised "Faith Based Christian Education". This is totally false. While I respect the Mormon faith, I do find this community to be too exclusive and not inclusive with respect to Christian denominations. Intentional or not, it happens and parents should be aware of this when considering enrolling their children. What other "Christian" schools have copies of the Book of Mormon? What "Christian" school have you visited that does not have a single cross to be found? Isn't the cross the universal symbol of Christianity?

We have three children at American Heritage. Our experience has been exceptional. Everything from the education to the teachers to the environment and standards of the school have exceeded our expectations. We feel like the time spent at school is a vital part of our children's lives. Not only for academics but standards and personal character as well. We no longer feel like our children are just a "number". They are known individually for their strengths and weakness. All of the staff members know all the students. No one gets left behind or forgotten about. Everyone is there to encourage and build up the children. We love American Heritage and are so happy to have our kids there. Many thanks!

American Heritage Academy is an amazing school. My daughter went from being home schooled her entire academic career (through third grade) until she was enrolled at AHA for fourth grade. We were very concerned about her fitting in with the other children socially and academically. She has flourished at AHA! She has so many new friends and has been on the Honor Roll since day one. The staff and environment is loving, caring, dedicated and that spirit is infectious; the upper grades are mentors to the lower grades - from High School all the way to Kindergarten, and the parental commitment is unparalleled as well. We have made a firm commitment to keep our daughter enrolled at AHA until she graduates from High School. Our only regret is that we didn't find AHA in time for our 18 year old daughter to attend!

I enrolled my daughters at AHA this school year. I have been impressed with the care and consideration given by the teachers and administration at American Heritage Academy. I love the values that the school represents. Leadership, Patriotism and Faith are missing in the public school system, and this school holds these to be of utmost importance. My 1st grader is thriving and reading at a 4th grade level. She is able to decode the majority of what she reads from the Bible, and I love that they study Bible stories in school. My 6th grade daughter has changed from being a shy introvert, to participating willingly in school productions. She has made wonderful friends and doesn't feel "lost" anymore. The teachers genuinely care about "all" students. I am so glad I made the change from the public school system to this wonderful school. My children have an increased love of school, God and Country. I love the individuals they are becoming as they attend American Heritage Academy.

I recommend no one to go to this awful school. if you are not a mormon they will treat you with no respect. Also, this school is terrible because the teachers all have favorites if you haven't been at the school for along time you will treat your child badly. They say this is a christian school, but trust me it's not. All the students and staff are mormons and follow mormon rules. Don't get me started about the education my kid did not learn anything this year. Don't send your kids here you will regret it.

My sister taught in the Las Vegas School system at a title 1 school. Too many horror stories and their large classes allow the kids to get lost in the system. I am so very thankful that we found this school. The kids get an outstanding education, along with christian values. I'm not a Mormon, and have never seen the school teach anything other than basic christian values. The academy values are outstanding, and our 1st grader is reading at a 4th grade level. AHA" AHA's IOWA test rankings are outstanding. I really want to thank all of the teachers and staff for their great work and dedication.

I don't know why so much emphasis is placed on "everyone is Mormon." First of all, everyone is not, including my children and they love it. The values shown may be Mormon, but my family agrees with these so we don't have an issue. The school has high academics, loving teachers, and a fun yet challenging atmosphere. We are happy with our choice. As for the fundraising, all private schools do this. AHA at least does not make it mandatory.

Last modified American Heritage Academy is a Private school