Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,109

Robert O Gibson Middle School 3

Posted August 23, 2014
My son goes to Gibson Middle School. He came in to public school from private, I can't say the private was any better, but since Vegas is number one worse in the nation in education I can't expect much, as sad as it is. My son was bullied and instigated by a kid more than once, the kid hit my son and my son chose not to hit back the first time, after a while he did, they wanted to send my son home until there was a meeting, I had to come to school and meet with the Dean and show him the paperwork we have against this kid. My son does say there are a few fights, but not daily, and yes sometimes the Dean doesn't do anything. I find that in any public school here, we as parents have to be very involved and if we don't take care of the situation they school sure isn't going to. Other than that, they took away piano as an elective, which is sad because my son wanted to continue with piano. They try not to retain anyone, they will put you on probation the next year and give you a chance to pass. Not sure that is the smart thing to do. Overall, i don't have much experience with any other public school here.

Robert O Gibson Middle School 4

Posted July 26, 2014
I noticed a post that said there were fights every week in front of the Dean. That is just a fabrication. I was there for one year and never saw a fight, did I hear about conflicts yes but that's every school. I'm not sure why someone would post such fallacies other than to support an administration that is long gone. The truth is all CCSD schools have there ups and downs. Some of the teachers at Gibson are great and some need some work. I would say this is a school working to find it bearings in an ever changing CCSD.

Robert O Gibson Middle School 2

Posted April 11, 2014
I went to Gibson from 6th to half of 8th grade and I have to say this school has honestly gone down since Dr. Archambault left. When I went here in 7th grade they kept changing math teachers in my class every month almost. It confused the students and most of them had no idea what they were doing! I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy to be fairly honest. I am currently home schooling. If you want a good school I would recommend Odyssey Charter School. They care about the students and want them to succeed. They allow us to stay after for up to 4 hours to make up work we missed or for some extra help in lab. Do not go to Gibson. This school in turning into another West Preparatory. The students only care about dating, doing drugs, and the majority of them are bullies. Random fights break out almost every week. Even in front of the dean. Please take my words into consideration. I'm currently going into the 9th grade.

Robert O Gibson Middle School 4

Posted January 27, 2014
My son is in the leadership program at this school. I am so happy that he got accepted into the magnet program. The teachers are all amazing. He loves his school and loves all of the new friends that has met there. The only downfall is that it is an older building that definitely needs some remodeling. The principal and dean are great. They truly care about all of the students. The magnet coordinator is great too! I really like how much all of the staff show that they care about my son and his education. Thank you Gibson staff for truly caring about your students!

Posted October 23, 2013
My school is amazing I absolutely love it! At first I didn't like it because many said that it was horrible and then I was like nooo way this school is awesome! I've been here for 3 years and I'm in 8th grade. The teachers are amazing they help you with all your needs and they never and I mean never let you down. If you need help it doesn't matter how many risks they have to take to help you they do it. Our band is what mainly represents the school, the band director here is Mr.Navarro I've had him since 6th grade as well and he's amazing he never gives up on us and is always at his best well he always trys to be and is the best! I totally recommend this school!! So all you parents and students come and visit or attend this school!!

Posted September 27, 2013
Great!! excellent teachers are attentive and care for the students, very clean and help students needs to learn..

Posted May 15, 2012
Many life lesson taught here at the chool and any child who wants to succed is given the opportunity, the administration is great, the principal was rated the top in the Nation, it has been my pleasure, and an honor to say my children have attended this school.

Posted February 04, 2011
There are no words to explain my feelings for this school. It is positively amazing! Nobody is ever left behind, everybody is included, and I love the amazing teachers! The leadership programs has taugt me so much, somethings that I wouldn't have known until I grow up! Somethings that I would have never learned! Communication, the key of success, reaching torward your dreams. We learn, we have fun, the school is clean! Have you ever heard of 'Geto Gibson'? In some peoples eyes, that may be true. But in our eyes, that is a myth. "Gibson Pride Cannot Be Denide!" I am a proud student of Gibson and it's only my first year. :D

Robert O Gibson Middle School 3

Posted January 27, 2011
I am glad to have been called a Gibson Scot. I am a former student of R.O. Gibson Middle School and I have to say that Gibson was a wonderful place to go to Middle School. Yes, the school had/has it's troubles, but what doesn't? The Administration is always doing their job by making sure that any problems or concerns are addressed immediately and taking care of. Trouble doesn't linger around the school very long. The Principal and the A. Principal do their jobs extremely well and the school is just a wonderful place to learn, and the music programs over the top. Being a former String Bassist/Cellist for the Gibson Orchestra, I have always known that we were always an extraordinary school. As the saying goes, Gibson Pride Can Not Be Denied!

Robert O Gibson Middle School 0

Posted April 06, 2010
I am a proud gibson scott! i would'nt go to any other jr. Highschool! i've been here all 3 years and i've liked everything about it. The teachers are all great they know that every student here has potential and could do great! the staff members couldnt be better and my counsler mrs.Blanchard is one of the nicest awsomest people you would ever meet! i believe that i personally have made a strong relationship with about all my teachers and i could say that they relly do want the best for their students so parents of the valley, dont be timid of letting your children attend gibson it really is a good school! and remember! gibson pride cannot be denide!! thank you and have a great day!:d

Robert O Gibson Middle School
3900 West Washington Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89107
Last modified Robert O Gibson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robert O Gibson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top