Posted April 21, 2014
I'm not sure why no-one has commented on this school since 2010. Parents need to know as much as possible before they decide to let their children go there. First of all, if you want to send your child there for IB program, beware that classes are mixed: magnet and non-magnet go together lowering the overall advantage your child might have wanted to have. My child is excellent in math, she is seated in the back of the class, surrounded by non magnet students who talk loud and disturb all the time. This is the case with all IB program classes she takes. Awful. There is nothing advanced in any of her classes. Bullying is on everyday basis, no-one of the teaching stuff cares. Some teachers let their students out of the school a few minutes early, no care taken for their safety. If you call school, you get to talk to the lady who lets what you tell her in one ear and lets it out another. The counselor might be nice to students and spills students' personal opinions to the teachers who retaliate. Do your child a favor, apply to Hyde Park. If you don't get in due to crazy idea of "lottery" (why not base it on excellence, eh?), home school or choose charter school.

Posted January 24, 2010
i love this school! i have made so many friends and even though the deans are a little strict, they deliver the discipline needed to survive in High School! I wont be there anymore next year, i'm an 8th grader!!! :) So i say good luck to all of the sixth and seventh graders and even the new sixth graders that will be coming to that school next year.

Posted August 09, 2009
I love Roy Martin! I've learned so many valuable things. My teachers are very caring and always give me the help I need. I came to Roy Martin to continue the IB program (I used to go to Sandy Miller Elementary). They also give ALL the magnet students free laptops. They;re very helpful! We also have a brand new two story building! I think the school has improved from recent years.

Posted June 12, 2009
THis is an extremely great school. THe IB emphasis is present almost everywhere. Activities are superb. I came froom a private school and I was surprised with how excellent this program was. I would recommend everyone to come here. Do not be discouraged by the neighborhood.

Posted May 25, 2009

Posted May 09, 2009
My daughter has been going to this school since 2007 and she loves it. Comming from the sister school, Miller Elem, it continues her education in the IB program, majority of the teachers my daughter has dealt with are helpful. They are issued laptops which they use alot for thier school work, etc...This the first year the new school opened and most of the problems like lockers, crowding, etc... are not much of a problem. The local zoned kids that attend this school I cant say much about since according to my daugter, they really do not mingle too much with the magnet students since most of her subject are accelerated. The school was one of the schools awarded the IB school of excellence in the nation along with their sister school, Sandy Miller (which by the way, Miller won the best IB program in the nation last year also)....

Posted May 07, 2009
very poor not so great school magnet IB program is joke

Roy West Martin Middle School 2

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted February 13, 2008
My son is studying in this school and noticed that IB -Magnet program is very helpful in his future studies. He gets lots of exposure in various fields. Teachers are friendly and sincere in their work to help the students to achieve the targets.

Posted February 06, 2008

Roy West Martin Middle School
200 North 28th St, Las Vegas, NV  89101
Last modified Roy West Martin Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roy West Martin Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.