Minden, NV

Pinon Hills Elementary School 5

Posted April 30, 2015
I came into this school with a little hesitation. Both my kids had ADHD and I had terrible experiences at previous schools. This school exceeded my expectations! The school recognized right away both my children's needs and for the first time I feel like we are all on the same team. Even when there are disagreements I still feel that they are looking out for the best interest of my child. This school is academically rigorous. If you are not a parent that likes a lot of homework (like me) this school may throw you through a loop. However, this school does not have a strict academic agenda. I feel like their relationship with their students is a big priority. My kids have formed amazing relationships with their teachers (Mrs Huff & Mrs Rechs). Even my oldest who has never liked going to school can't wait to be back in his class on Monday. They adore their teachers! The principle is amazing! He always makes sure he communicates with everyone before giving an opinion. Very organized, thoughtful, helpful and friendly principle. The front staff, nurse, school psychologist, etc. are all great people to work with! Both kids are thriving despite some learning curves.

Posted January 31, 2012
If you're lookiing for great teachers this school is wonderful. If you need a school nurse this is not the place for you. They have a health aide, not a registered nurse, that is not accountable to the Board of Nursing. Lack of kindness and listening has made my kids feel that they cannot go to her when they don't feel well. Great teacher communication and parent involvement!

Posted April 21, 2010
To be sure, The principal drives the excellence of this school.

Posted March 05, 2009
My son started as a kindergarten and now he is a 2nd grader. He loves it. This school is a 10 for a reason. The principal, teachers and staff are the greatest!

Posted January 12, 2009
Pinion Hills is a good school. The teachers are pretty easy to contact and the school counselor is wonderful. With every year, I see improvement in my son's schoolwork.

Posted August 06, 2008
this school is above average in many things. the closed door policy for parents is disgusting; parents should be able to observe or interact with their children on the playground. the school puts an overwhelming focus on academics and activities. i can count on not spending any quality time with my child once the school year starts. we're too busy with homework and music concerts to garden or bake cookies!

Pinon Hills Elementary School 3

Posted May 14, 2007

Posted May 01, 2007
Great school with caring teachers and staff. My daughter loves it and I feel confident that she is in a safe academic environment.

Pinon Hills Elementary School 5

Posted July 09, 2006
My daughter has been at Pinon Hills for two years. She is already reading chapter books and is only going into the second grade. Even though the drop off area is a little crowded, I always feel welcome to enter the school and drop off something or talk to her teacher. I feel they are very safe about signing in and out when entering the school, and all other doors are locked at all times. She had Mrs. Knudson last year. If your child ends up with her as a teacher it will be a blessing. She is wonderful with all the kids and has helped many that were lagging behind be at grade level.

Pinon Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 01, 2005
I didnt feel a real open door policy for the parents,such as no parents allowed on the play ground or in the halls. I relaize its a safty issue but it makes me feel a liitle akward. The drop off and pick up situation is so unorganized I fear an accident will happen there are cars and peoploe moving in all directions. I feel that some of the teachers are simply the best!

Pinon Hills Elementary School
1479 Stephanie Way, Minden, NV  89423
Last modified Pinon Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinon Hills Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top