Bad
Good

I came into this school with a little hesitation. Both my kids had ADHD and I had terrible experiences at previous schools. This school exceeded my expectations! The school recognized right away both my children's needs and for the first time I feel like we are all on the same team. Even when there are disagreements I still feel that they are looking out for the best interest of my child. This school is academically rigorous. If you are not a parent that likes a lot of homework (like me) this school may throw you through a loop. However, this school does not have a strict academic agenda. I feel like their relationship with their students is a big priority. My kids have formed amazing relationships with their teachers (Mrs Huff & Mrs Rechs). Even my oldest who has never liked going to school can't wait to be back in his class on Monday. They adore their teachers! The principle is amazing! He always makes sure he communicates with everyone before giving an opinion. Very organized, thoughtful, helpful and friendly principle. The front staff, nurse, school psychologist, etc. are all great people to work with! Both kids are thriving despite some learning curves.

If you're lookiing for great teachers this school is wonderful. If you need a school nurse this is not the place for you. They have a health aide, not a registered nurse, that is not accountable to the Board of Nursing. Lack of kindness and listening has made my kids feel that they cannot go to her when they don't feel well. Great teacher communication and parent involvement!

To be sure, The principal drives the excellence of this school.

My son started as a kindergarten and now he is a 2nd grader. He loves it. This school is a 10 for a reason. The principal, teachers and staff are the greatest!

Pinion Hills is a good school. The teachers are pretty easy to contact and the school counselor is wonderful. With every year, I see improvement in my son's schoolwork.

this school is above average in many things. the closed door policy for parents is disgusting; parents should be able to observe or interact with their children on the playground. the school puts an overwhelming focus on academics and activities. i can count on not spending any quality time with my child once the school year starts. we're too busy with homework and music concerts to garden or bake cookies!

Great school with caring teachers and staff. My daughter loves it and I feel confident that she is in a safe academic environment.

Last modified Pinon Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.