Minden, NV

Posted March 26, 2013
I have had one son go to this school from K-6 and my second is in 2nd grade, having gone there for Pre-K until now. The teachers and staff are FANTASTIC and go out of their way to help and assist you. Both of my sons have IEP's and we get consistant and caring attention from both teachers and administration. My oldest son was bullied physically in 5th grade for a few months without us knowing it. We told his teacher that night at a school event, and by the next evening, the boy and his parents had been spoken to and everyone was involved in actively stopping the activity. It never hapenned again. To the parent who gave the school a 1 out of 5, directing emails "to whom it may concern" is not much help. Have a personal relationship with your childs teachers and the staff. If another child physically touches your child, it should be addressed immediately, and will if you actually take a moment to speak to those who can help you. First is the teacher, second is the principle. He is amazing. Mr. Stohl would never allow a child to be bullied if he knew anything about it. I love this school and will be so sad when we leave it forever. LOVE YOU MES!!

Posted August 19, 2011
We have 3 children attending M.E.S. The teachers, leaders and administrative staff are all outstanding - both in professional ability, and in their genuine interest and warmth towards their students.

Minden Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2011
The community is small, so not many choices as far as school. So my son had to go to this school. The first year was fine with no problemes at all. Little did i know that was about to change. Next two years weren't great at all and my nightmare started two years ago. My son has been bullied and physically assaulted all the time by one student. I tried to keep my cool and talked to whoever was in charge, i did lot talking and sending e-mails to whom it may concern and still, and i am still and so is my son going through the same ordeal and no light at the end of the tunnel. I wish i can home school. I feel so bad for my son, he is a good boy and unfortunatelly he is learning that it is ok to be violent and get away with it.

Minden Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2011
I have two children at Minden - and have mixed opinions about our experience. My youngest has had an excellent experience with a phenomenal teacher and is thriving and excited about learning. My oldest has had a hard time staying challenged and seems to get bored easily. We have also had some (minor) issues with bullying that I do not feel were addressed well by the teacher and we were not given tools as parents to deal with the matter on our end. That said, I have faith that this experience is unique to this teacher and that if it were to escalate that the principle is available and willing to help. Over all I am happy with Minden, and understand that it is staffed by humans who can't be perfect 100% of the time.

Minden Elementary School 0

Posted May 14, 2009
The teachers go above and beyond to help the children grow. Some even come to their students sporting events and spend their own time to tutor .

Posted February 19, 2005
The teachers and staff make Minden Elementary a fabulous school. My daughter started there when she was in 2nd grade and still have two boys who attend. One of my son's has Down's and the special ed program in Douglas County is top rate. It is why we chose to move to Mindeb from Southern California. Finding a wonderful special education program was our first priority. The special ed teachers and aides are great with all the kids. With all of the standardized testing, the teachers must keep up with acedemic exellence. Helping all of the children to succeed is their first priority as well. There are many activities including art and music. Our art teacher is there half the year, but is so good. Just take a walk through our school. It's a gallery. Parent involvement could always better. It's the usually same ones who volunteer and help.

Minden Elementary School 4

Posted October 12, 2004
the principals aprroach is pro-active. the teachers are diverse in teaching approaches with the students best interest always a priority. the entire staff is open and friendly and helpful. the school environment is outstanding. the lunch program leaves a lot to be desired though. nutritious maybe? taste and desirability is lousy. i have personally tried to eat and like--no luck. the school library is outstanding with a wonderfully helpful librarian.

Posted March 03, 2004
Wonderful, that's what I/we think of MES. I have only great thing's to say of this school. Four of my kid's have been in this school. The Principal, teacher's, and overall quality is the best. My thank's to them.

Posted March 01, 2004
My children have been at Minden Elem. for 2 years now. We have lived in three different countries around the world and have lived in four different states in USA. Minden would rate in the first three of all the schools my children have been to in the world. Well done staff! Your great.

Posted February 18, 2004
Minden Elementary is great! It's where I would send my kids if I had any. I worked there in some capacity for about 3 years. The only reason I left was I became a substitute teacher. Everyone from the principal Ken Stoll, the teachers, and the playground aides are top notch!

Minden Elementary School
1170 Baler St, Minden, NV  89423
Last modified Minden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minden Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top