Posted November 25, 2014
My daughter goes here and I am not a fan yet but hope she ssttsls in soon..... teachers are nice....

Posted September 05, 2014
The greatest asset of Watson is our amazing students. But the heart of the school is our Principal. Mrs. Holloway holds all of us to being committed to being the best we can be every day. She mentors us as educators and always tempers each decision she makes with kindness. Yes, our scores are not as high as some other schools. Test scores don't show the students excited about learning or teachers there every day because we want to make a difference for these kids.

Posted August 23, 2014
3 of my kids attend Watson and have for the last 3 years. We absolutely adore all the teachers and principal. They've made such an impact on my children that they cannot wait to go to school. It breaks my heart that this school gets such low ratings because of grades. I have one accelerated child who they have definitely done what they can to challenge her!! Love the music teacher, and all the specials teachers!

Posted July 19, 2014
My daughter MISSES Watson so badly!!! She has been depressed since moving from this school to another school near our new home. This school could get unlimited stars if it was allowed. The office staff need some work but the principal and the teachers are the best ever. Both my daughter'a kindergarten and first grade teachers went above and beyond to teach my daughter well & when she needed a shoulder to lean on, they were there. I'm so happy that this school enforced the No Bully program and enforced safety for the younger students. I'm holding back tears as I write this. Watson is the best school hands down.

Posted February 12, 2014
It is sad for me to see that this school has such low ratings! All 4 of my kids have gone (or are going) to this school. My oldest in just about the graduate High School (honors programs). My youngest is in 1st grade so I have seen the changes this school has gone through. When my oldest started at Watson, there were definitely some issues. However I have seen the Principal & teachers work so hard over the last several years & have seen a HUGE parent involvement as of late. The school has added several extracurricular activities for the kids, basketball, flag football, cheerleading, Choir projects - they are currently doing Annie Jr. And the Music Teacher! Wow, the impact she has had on my kids. She is honestly one of the most caring & involved teachers I have ever seen. Overall, this is a great school. I can easily email any of my kids teachers & receive a quick response.

Posted August 17, 2011
This will be our second year attending Watson and I am very excited to see if we have another wonderful year. The office staff are very sincere to the students and parents. The school all around is GREAT!!

Posted February 18, 2011
We are very fortunate to have such wonderful administrators at Watson. They both sincerely care about students, families, and staff. They are approachable and are always considerate of students' needs. We have also been blessed with a wonderful, new office manager! The atmosphere in the front office has completely turned around since she took on her VERY demanding job. She makes it look easy and has handled her duties with tact and grace. So happy to see so many positive changes at Watson this year!

Fredric W Watson Elementary School 3

Posted August 18, 2010
I think that there have been big changes at Watson since Ms. Newton took over. She has worked hard to ensure every student feels welcome. This school made AYP for the 2009-2010 school year! Most of the teachers that were a problem have moved on. We only had a few teachers leave this past year due to moving out of state. The school is also going 9 month this year!

Posted February 11, 2010

Posted June 19, 2009
Communication between Parent and Teacher is poor at best. Parents have to intiate all communication and 'roll the dice' to see if they get a response from their childs teacher. In todays era of texting, email and internet homepages, why is it so hard for teachers to put forth the effort to enhance the communication within in thier school district let alone in their classroom? More parents need to comment.

Fredric W Watson Elementary School
5845 North Commerce St, N. Las Vegas, NV  89031
Last modified Fredric W Watson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fredric W Watson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top