Posted March 28, 2014
Both of my children have attended this school since kindergarten and are currently in the third and fourth grade. Their teachers have been very interested in their education. I have each teacher's email address and they always respond to any questions I have. The counselor is great and they have been adding additional school programs. My children are involved in peer mediation, battle of the books, plays, GATE, cheer leading, and soccer.

Steve Cozine Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2014
I cannot wait to get my child out of this school. They seem more interested in INDOCTRINATING the children than actually educating them. The level of political correctness running rampant in the classrooms is alarming. The children seem to be encouraged by their teachers to take offense to every word, look, or sound coming from their fellow students. DO NOT enroll your children in this school if you are actually looking for an education for them. I also agree with several other comments about the school's leadership which seem to be gone more than they are there and have very little genuine interest in the children.

Posted February 22, 2014
IF THERE IS A RED STARS, I WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT 10 RED STARS. PLEASE, PARENTS, THIS IS TRUE, PLEASE TAKE ACTION AFTER READING THIS POST, IF YOU REALLY REALLY LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR KIDS PLEASE PLEASE, DO NOT SEND THEM TO THIS SCHOOL, IS A VERY DANGEROUS PLACE TO PUT YOUR KIDS .

Posted November 03, 2013
Horrible! My child went to this school last year. If you really don't care about your child's education, and ok with a teacher telling her students to be quiet because she is tired - the Cozine is a place for you!

Steve Cozine Elementary School 4

Posted January 05, 2010
My son was in the All-Day Kindergarten and I was thoroughly impressed with the teacher. She is extremely involved, works well with the children, has fair discipline and does a fabulous job of teaching. My son began reading within the first 2 months. I loved they had music, library or gym once a day. I am sad we had to move to a different state.

Posted July 26, 2008
The school saw changes in adminstration this year. Unfortunately they are not for the best. If you want your child to attend a school that truly cares about your child and their personal growth this is not the school for you. The administration seems to have forgotten they are there for the children.

Steve Cozine Elementary School 0

Posted July 26, 2008
I have been in Las Vegas for 6 years now. When we first started attending Steve Cozine it was an awesome school. We have been attending 4 years now and this school has gone down the hill with their curriculum,discipline, and care for the children. This has become the worst school for children I can simply imagine. The principal is new and she is never there, and I know she can't always be present. Lets face it she cares more about herself than Cozines students. I know they don't have staff,district, or superintendant meetings everyday. The Assistant principal is a joke too, you can see in her face that she simply is too tired of all these kids and she hates her job. Both principals put on a great show of caring though. I feel that the front office secretaries do most of the work and should be paid more.

Posted April 10, 2008
Upon moving to Las Vegas, I was terrified by the school statistics and 'bad lists' that were always on the news. I had heard nothing good. I have had one to all three of my children at Cozine for 4 years now, and I am absolutely impressed. This school fosters acceptance and teamwork. The staff is fantastic and supportive. We should be hearing more success stories and information about good schools like Cozine, instead of the negative stuff all the time.

Posted May 21, 2007
This is my son's first year at Steve Cozine and I have been thrilled with his progress in all academic areas. In my son's previous school, he did not have good intruction in the areas of written language. Since coming to Cozine, I have watched his writing improve tremendously! I am thrilled with all of his academic progress. In addition, the Principal and staff have offered numerous after school and track break programs that my son has been able to be a part of. In reference to the previous comment, it does not appear to me that all of the same kids are in these programs. It has been a pleasure to have my son in such a wonderful and caring environment. I can not wait until my daughter is able to attend this fantastic school! They have a wonderful staff!

Posted May 21, 2007
I think Steve Cozine is a fabulous school! The administration and the teachers are top notch! My children have had a wonderful experience and learned a lot! I am grateful for all of the extra programs that are available to my kids after school and during track break.

Steve Cozine Elementary School
5335 Coleman St, N. Las Vegas, NV  89031
Last modified Steve Cozine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Steve Cozine Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top