Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 04, 2016
When the classrooms get larger the less individualized time kids get. Teachers don't go the extra mile anymore.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Special Education at this school lacks empathy. The Autism teacher pulls, drags and yells at her students. Everyone is aware and it is allowed because from an educational stand point she delivers.

Fredric W Watson Elementary School 1

Posted November 25, 2014
My daughter goes here and I am not a fan yet but hope she ssttsls in soon..... teachers are nice....

Posted September 05, 2014
The greatest asset of Watson is our amazing students. But the heart of the school is our Principal. Mrs. Holloway holds all of us to being committed to being the best we can be every day. She mentors us as educators and always tempers each decision she makes with kindness. Yes, our scores are not as high as some other schools. Test scores don't show the students excited about learning or teachers there every day because we want to make a difference for these kids.

Posted August 23, 2014
3 of my kids attend Watson and have for the last 3 years. We absolutely adore all the teachers and principal. They've made such an impact on my children that they cannot wait to go to school. It breaks my heart that this school gets such low ratings because of grades. I have one accelerated child who they have definitely done what they can to challenge her!! Love the music teacher, and all the specials teachers!

Posted July 19, 2014
My daughter MISSES Watson so badly!!! She has been depressed since moving from this school to another school near our new home. This school could get unlimited stars if it was allowed. The office staff need some work but the principal and the teachers are the best ever. Both my daughter'a kindergarten and first grade teachers went above and beyond to teach my daughter well & when she needed a shoulder to lean on, they were there. I'm so happy that this school enforced the No Bully program and enforced safety for the younger students. I'm holding back tears as I write this. Watson is the best school hands down.

Posted February 12, 2014
It is sad for me to see that this school has such low ratings! All 4 of my kids have gone (or are going) to this school. My oldest in just about the graduate High School (honors programs). My youngest is in 1st grade so I have seen the changes this school has gone through. When my oldest started at Watson, there were definitely some issues. However I have seen the Principal & teachers work so hard over the last several years & have seen a HUGE parent involvement as of late. The school has added several extracurricular activities for the kids, basketball, flag football, cheerleading, Choir projects - they are currently doing Annie Jr. And the Music Teacher! Wow, the impact she has had on my kids. She is honestly one of the most caring & involved teachers I have ever seen. Overall, this is a great school. I can easily email any of my kids teachers & receive a quick response.

Fredric W Watson Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2013
We Just moved here and the neighborhood that we moved into is great so we thought that the school would be great. NOT!!! The first day we got to her school there were children cussing as well as parents. Their Parking Lot and Drop off system is so scary and the biggest nightmare I have ever experienced. I absolutely hate this school if there were a negative 5 star thats what they would be rated at. The parents are the most ghettoist people I have ever met and their children are the same way! How Sad. :(

Posted August 17, 2011
This will be our second year attending Watson and I am very excited to see if we have another wonderful year. The office staff are very sincere to the students and parents. The school all around is GREAT!!

Posted February 18, 2011
We are very fortunate to have such wonderful administrators at Watson. They both sincerely care about students, families, and staff. They are approachable and are always considerate of students' needs. We have also been blessed with a wonderful, new office manager! The atmosphere in the front office has completely turned around since she took on her VERY demanding job. She makes it look easy and has handled her duties with tact and grace. So happy to see so many positive changes at Watson this year!

5845 North Commerce St, N. Las Vegas, NV  89031
Last modified Fredric W Watson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.