Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very effective. I always keep asking about my children and I got tips and tricks in the past, at helped me and it helped the teacher to improve my children.

Amount of homework: Disagree

This is one thing that bothers me, because there is no homework at all. If a child has homework, I know what they are learning in school and I can figure out if my child has any problems with anything that I have to work on. I know most of the parents are happy they don't have to worry about homework, but they also don't worry if their children needs any help.

Develops character: Strongly agree

It teaches it everyday and ey make every effort possible, that the children follow honesty, integrity and fairness.

My children have been attending this school the past 3 years and I have nothing bad to say. We love the teachers, they care. And I can also say, if a child had any bullying problems, they were addressed right away. Those comments from before are not accurate. I spend lots of time in school volunteering and helping out. Children can only do good, if the parents do care and also learn and help the child. If you send your kid to school and think the teacher is doing the magic you're wrong. It has to be a unity between the parents, the child and the teacher. I'm excited of a new upcoming school year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Fairness is far from it, not even the teachers can understand fairness so how could the students?

Back when I used to attend here it was awful. The teachers don't care about their students, I was mercilessly bullied and the teachers never stepped in until I had to defend myself because the kids would start fights with me and the teachers would blame me. I've had teachers who'd threatened me with sending me to the principal's office because I'd start crying from the other kid's harassing me. Along with that I've had a teacher who called me a tattletale for telling her about the kids who bullied me. This school doesn't value children who struggle and will leave them in the dirt.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

When the classrooms get larger the less individualized time kids get. Teachers don't go the extra mile anymore.

My daughter goes here and I am not a fan yet but hope she ssttsls in soon..... teachers are nice....

The greatest asset of Watson is our amazing students. But the heart of the school is our Principal. Mrs. Holloway holds all of us to being committed to being the best we can be every day. She mentors us as educators and always tempers each decision she makes with kindness. Yes, our scores are not as high as some other schools. Test scores don't show the students excited about learning or teachers there every day because we want to make a difference for these kids.

3 of my kids attend Watson and have for the last 3 years. We absolutely adore all the teachers and principal. They've made such an impact on my children that they cannot wait to go to school. It breaks my heart that this school gets such low ratings because of grades. I have one accelerated child who they have definitely done what they can to challenge her!! Love the music teacher, and all the specials teachers!

Last modified Fredric W Watson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.