Bad
Good

I would have to say this school is awesome. They have smaller class sizes than most schools. My son is in first grade and the beginning of the year was trying with him. They were patient with me and him and we found a solution that worked for both the school and for my family. My son is doing a lot better and I owe that to the staff and the principal at this school. Anything happens and I am notified immediately.

Great school with teachers that care about the students. I have seen my son grow so much in his learning and he loves going to school because he has a great teacher.

I have had three kids in this school for two years and we love it. The office staff is caring, teachers are engaged and administration is excellent. I had concerns about one of my child's teacher this year. My concerns were addressed and I felt heard, even though they didn't switch classes, I was okay with it. There is a lack of parent help, but other than that, an excellent school.

I love Eva Simmons Elementary School. The Asst Prin rocks! I volunteer there and he ALWAYS has a positive outlook on any and all situations. He is always out and about while the students are on campus ensuring a safe and nurturing learning environment ....

Awesome! My oldest daughter attended Eva Simmons and it was the best school she has yet to attend! Everyone was great, the teachers, staff and parents! Great school!

This is a wonderful school. They really care for the children and their well being. There is a positive energy that can be felt as soon as you walk in the door.

This is our 2nd year at this school.. I think this school is great... The people in the office are very friendly & kind... Some teachers are very caring... I've never met the principle through (couldnt even tell you what she looks like) the only thing I dont like about this school... They never send out papers to let you know things or if things have changed... Just a heads up for you parents.. This school doesnt celebrate the following due to religious reasons; Halloween, Christmas, Valentines Day, etc.. Found out today Birthdays are not allowed... Now I'm stuck with 24 cupcakes... Wish I would have known this in advance.....

The principal ('10-'11 school year) is not a nice person and lacks adequate management skills. The high rating of this school is misleading as some of the reviews are by office staff.

There are much better schools out there. Parental involvement is average. Administration is poor. You can do better.

Eva G. Simmons is a great school in our North Las Vegas neighborhood. There are caring teachers and the administration is supportive.

Last modified Eva G Simmons Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.