Posted September 30, 2014
I just love this school, my daughter is so happy she love the staff members and teachers. She likes all the activities.

Posted September 30, 2014
This is our 2nd year at Gilbert and I cannot say anything bad about this school except that it isn't fenced all the way in secure. That said The principal is amazing, the front office staff is always so nice and helpful, the teachers are fantastic and the extra programs are so much fun! My daughter has been to 4 schools in her 5 years and this is her most favorite. She loves it so much. I think more schools should be art based!

C V T Gilbert Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
this school called me 2 weeks into the school year saying we "won" a spot.Come to find out the spot was in a learning disability class a full year behind the gen ed class my son was in. My son was a warm body in a desk to them nothing more.

Posted September 16, 2014
I went to Gilbert for the fives years of elementary school. It was my home away from home. My last year there we won the Number One Magnet School in The NATION award. My experience was absolutely incredible. The teachers and staff are kind and very helpful. The challenging curriculum should hopefully improve and widen your child's imagination and knowledge. If you are looking for an elementary school for your child, Gilbert is the way to go.

Posted November 01, 2012
My granddaughter attends Gilbert - she is in 2nd grade and LOVES it! She attended last year as well. She is excelling in all her subjects and most important - she loves school and takes great pride in her work - even at such a tender age. This school is God's gift to our family and we feel very fortunate for her to be able to attend here.

C V T Gilbert Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2012
This is a great school. They have a lot going on- music, two plays each year, etc. They have the absolute best P.E. teacher in the world. All the teachers are good, and some are great. Wonderful office staff. Don't be put off by low test scores of the school. It's in a lower-income area and families zoned for this school don't have to do the lottery to get into it. Those who have to put their child's name in the lottery are very, very lucky to get in, and everyone knows it! This is definately one of the best elementary schools in Vegas

C V T Gilbert Elementary School 1

Posted December 04, 2011
I appreciate the information passed on from the previous poster as this poster stated that they are a parent and a teacher. As I stated previously in my first post, my unhappiness has nothing to do with Common Core Standards, grades or the amount of pressure that the teachers are under. It has to do with basic common courtesy and respect for individuals and for the parents/tax payers of this community. Again I would love to write a more positive review and hopefully will be able to do so in the future.

Posted November 26, 2011
My child joined Gilbert friends at in second grade and is extremely happy there and with great grades. Previous poster needs to understand that the school district has adopted a new set of standards this year (look up Common Core State Standards) and NCLB scores are forever expected to go up. (I'm a teacher at another school). Teachers are under a great amount of pressure to do too many things at once. Gilbert manages to make school fun and engaging despite the drill and kill atmosphere that pervades education these days.

Posted May 05, 2010
Gilbert Magnet School in North Las Vegas is the Recipient of the Dr. Ronald Simpson Distinguished Merit Award as the Top Magnet School in the Nation.

C V T Gilbert Elementary School 0

Posted May 05, 2010
The teachers are dedicated and really care about the students. The principal, Mrs. Brewer, is truly the best kind of administrator and very hard working. As a magnet school for 'Communications and the Performing Arts,' Gilbert has an excellent drama program and its own state-of-the-art theater.

C V T Gilbert Elementary School
2101 West Cartier Ave North, North Las Vegas, NV  89032
Last modified C V T Gilbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C V T Gilbert Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top