Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted November 21, 2015
The staff is very supportive of their students and each other. Gilbert Magnet promotes the arts and creativity.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 21, 2015
Thank you Mrs. Griffin for striving to meet all of your students' needs every day and supporting other staff members in this quest of knowledge.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 21, 2015
I would like to say thanks to Ms. Myers, Ms. Prestridge, Mr. McClure, and Ms. Moraleda, our arts specialists, for putting together our winter matinees! From rehearsing actors to creating dances, writing songs to teaching children to play them on barred instruments, brainstorming sets to having students paint and create pieces - these four show amazing dedication and creativity! Gilbert's matinees couldn't happen without them!

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 21, 2015
This probably isn't a fair question, because I am opposed to the idea of homework in general. I have noticed the amount of homework vary from grade level to grade level. It seems to get more intense in the upper grades. It also depends upon the type of homework; for example, 4th grade has students do different book projects throughout the year, and I think my child learned a lot by doing these projects, both in terms of content and creativity, and in time management for projects of this nature.

Posted November 21, 2015
I send my children to Gilbert for all the "extras" they receive - news, matinees, school chorus, drum team, barred instrument group, West African Dance group, track team, etc. Yes, they are learning reading, writing, and math - but more importantly, they are learning poise, confidence, and how the arts play a role in their everyday lives.

Posted September 30, 2014
I just love this school, my daughter is so happy she love the staff members and teachers. She likes all the activities.

Posted September 30, 2014
This is our 2nd year at Gilbert and I cannot say anything bad about this school except that it isn't fenced all the way in secure. That said The principal is amazing, the front office staff is always so nice and helpful, the teachers are fantastic and the extra programs are so much fun! My daughter has been to 4 schools in her 5 years and this is her most favorite. She loves it so much. I think more schools should be art based!

C V T Gilbert Elementary School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
this school called me 2 weeks into the school year saying we "won" a spot.Come to find out the spot was in a learning disability class a full year behind the gen ed class my son was in. My son was a warm body in a desk to them nothing more.

Posted September 16, 2014
I went to Gilbert for the fives years of elementary school. It was my home away from home. My last year there we won the Number One Magnet School in The NATION award. My experience was absolutely incredible. The teachers and staff are kind and very helpful. The challenging curriculum should hopefully improve and widen your child's imagination and knowledge. If you are looking for an elementary school for your child, Gilbert is the way to go.

Posted November 01, 2012
My granddaughter attends Gilbert - she is in 2nd grade and LOVES it! She attended last year as well. She is excelling in all her subjects and most important - she loves school and takes great pride in her work - even at such a tender age. This school is God's gift to our family and we feel very fortunate for her to be able to attend here.

2101 West Cartier Ave North, North Las Vegas, NV  89032
Last modified C V T Gilbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.