Bad
Good

The staff is very supportive of their students and each other. Gilbert Magnet promotes the arts and creativity.

Amount of homework: Agree

This probably isn't a fair question, because I am opposed to the idea of homework in general. I have noticed the amount of homework vary from grade level to grade level. It seems to get more intense in the upper grades. It also depends upon the type of homework; for example, 4th grade has students do different book projects throughout the year, and I think my child learned a lot by doing these projects, both in terms of content and creativity, and in time management for projects of this nature.

I send my children to Gilbert for all the "extras" they receive - news, matinees, school chorus, drum team, barred instrument group, West African Dance group, track team, etc. Yes, they are learning reading, writing, and math - but more importantly, they are learning poise, confidence, and how the arts play a role in their everyday lives.

I just love this school, my daughter is so happy she love the staff members and teachers. She likes all the activities.

This is our 2nd year at Gilbert and I cannot say anything bad about this school except that it isn't fenced all the way in secure. That said The principal is amazing, the front office staff is always so nice and helpful, the teachers are fantastic and the extra programs are so much fun! My daughter has been to 4 schools in her 5 years and this is her most favorite. She loves it so much. I think more schools should be art based!

this school called me 2 weeks into the school year saying we "won" a spot.Come to find out the spot was in a learning disability class a full year behind the gen ed class my son was in. My son was a warm body in a desk to them nothing more.

I went to Gilbert for the fives years of elementary school. It was my home away from home. My last year there we won the Number One Magnet School in The NATION award. My experience was absolutely incredible. The teachers and staff are kind and very helpful. The challenging curriculum should hopefully improve and widen your child's imagination and knowledge. If you are looking for an elementary school for your child, Gilbert is the way to go.

My granddaughter attends Gilbert - she is in 2nd grade and LOVES it! She attended last year as well. She is excelling in all her subjects and most important - she loves school and takes great pride in her work - even at such a tender age. This school is God's gift to our family and we feel very fortunate for her to be able to attend here.

This is a great school. They have a lot going on- music, two plays each year, etc. They have the absolute best P.E. teacher in the world. All the teachers are good, and some are great. Wonderful office staff. Don't be put off by low test scores of the school. It's in a lower-income area and families zoned for this school don't have to do the lottery to get into it. Those who have to put their child's name in the lottery are very, very lucky to get in, and everyone knows it! This is definately one of the best elementary schools in Vegas

I appreciate the information passed on from the previous poster as this poster stated that they are a parent and a teacher. As I stated previously in my first post, my unhappiness has nothing to do with Common Core Standards, grades or the amount of pressure that the teachers are under. It has to do with basic common courtesy and respect for individuals and for the parents/tax payers of this community. Again I would love to write a more positive review and hopefully will be able to do so in the future.

Last modified C V T Gilbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.