Lucile Bruner Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 734 students

Sweep tile

Posted September 23, 2013

I'm a high school Graduate from the class of 2013. I attended Lucile Bruner all throughout Kinder to fifth grade and it was honestly a great school. Though I do remember the constant immaturity of the other kids. I did have one rude teacher and after that, it went great. The teaching system was also balanced fairly well throughout he years though I personally felt that the lessons were taught to slow. Now I baby sit my friend's sister and she tells me she says she likes the environment overall. I have encountered some rude staff and can say the only reason parents will have an issue is the lack of parents educating their children at home not to harm or pick on other children. The parents should be more involved in the lives of their children.

Posted December 21, 2012

HOW DARE A TEACHER TELL HIS CLASS MY SON IS A PIECE OF TRASH! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! THIS HAS GONE TO FAR!

Posted November 12, 2012

by the beginning of september 2012, my son was telling me about this kid in his class that had hit him on several different occassions. i told him to tell his teacher. after my son continued to tell me that this kid had escalated her assaults, i wrote letters to the teacher and the principal. i even spoke with the teacher and principal myself. after 3 months, i really had expected positive results. on 11/05/2012, at approximately 10 am, i personally went to the principals office again. she told me that she had spoke with my son and the bully that morning and the bully admitted to assaulting my son on several occassions. the principal further stated that she did not believe the assaults would stop. i asked the principa what would happen if the bully assaulted my child again. she replied, well, if it happens again, you might want to consider moving your child to another class. i was appauled. when i picked my son up that same day from school, he told me that after the principal talked to him and the bully, when they went to PE, the bully responded by picking up a pine cone, throwing it and hitting him in the face. the principal resolved the issue by moving my son, not the bully, hmm

Posted November 12, 2012

Both my husband and i work for the school district. We had a son enrolled in Bruner last year. Our son on several different occassions told us about him being mistreated physically by other kids. Our son is small for his age. On a few occassions, i went to the school to observe. Being a known employee, i was never questioned about my prensence. I noticed my son being picked on by kids, and my son would not hit back. Anonomously, i called the school and reported these incidents to the principal. The principal told me, she would take care of it. I waited approximately six weeks. My son continued to complain about being abused. Once again, i went to the school and observed the same behavior, the other kids in fact were still abusing my son. At PE time, i spoke with his teacher and asked her when did the principal speak to her about this subject. The teacher looked at me with a puzzled look and said, the principal has never spoke to me about this matter. I politely said thank you, went to the front office and removed my son from bruner. There appears to be a pattern of the principal allowing certain groups of students to be allowed to have free reign of her school without ant dicipline

Posted July 15, 2012

This school has a really good teaching staff, however, their office staff needs improvement. They speak to you from there desk across the room, they are not informational, they are rude, and they are lazy. The office staff lacks the ability to be personable to parents and over looks items in children's files. The office staff needs some new faces. As far as my child's education. He improved tremendously after enrolling here, he was more confident, and it showed through the improvement of his grades.

Posted June 6, 2012

my opinion of this school doesnt matter really, but if you ask my son.....this school lacks warmth, understanding, honesty, sympathy and most of all it lacks teachers who try to relate to each child individually according to that childs circumstance. NOT ALL CHILDREN LEARN THE SAME OR HAVE THE SAME BEHAVIOR PATTERNS......AS TEACHERS YOU WOULD THINK THIS WOULD BE CONSIDERED!

Posted February 16, 2012

This is a great school. I have three children enrolled here and volunteer to help as much as possible in the classroom. It is sad that many will not look past this supposed ranking of 2 out of 10 based on test scores...not due to the teachers. Being in the school as much as I have been for the past 5 years, it seems the parents do not take their children's education very seriously. Absenteeism is high and kids move around the school district at the drop of a hat. How can one expect a child to learn and then translate this to state test scores when they simply don't show up or never have a chance to adjust and are pulled from curriculum to curriculum because of families moving around the county for a variety of reasons? I get to see first-hand the caliber of teachers at this school and they are second to none. I am well-educated myself so my standards are high..It would be nice to see more parents stepping up and realizing the integral role they need to play in educating their child. Please don't determine the greatness or lack thereof of a school on a standard that is very difficult to uphold when families don't do their part..volunteer and see for yourself. GET INVOLVED!!

Posted January 21, 2012

I am a high school student who attended Bruner for six years. Every year was amazing and unforgettable. My peers, every year, became almost like a second family to me, and my teachers became a part of this family. They were like my best friends. Mrs. Howard was the principal then during that time period. We still go back to go to the multicultural festival every year... The teachers were always kind and patient with the students, and aimed to teach subject matter and responsibility with equal weight. I always looked forward to going to school, to seeing my teachers, to learning something new, and to see me friends' smiling faces and knowing they felt the same. I can't express the gratitude I have for every staff member and former student alike, and I can only hope it hasn't changed a bit. From my friends' younger siblings' stories, I don't doubt my faith in this school's future, at all.

Posted December 16, 2011

This school was realy wonderful. I am sad to say we unfortunately had to move and I was tired of driving my child so far away. Goynes Elemmentary is such a terible school. Below, I will list the trachers my child had: Kindergarden:Ms. Tavernini 1st Grade: Ms.Martin 2nd Grade: Ms.Stoll 3rd Grade: Mrs.King MOVED DURING 3RD GRADE Goynes Elementary school teachers: 3rd Grade: Mrs. Brodus 4th Grade: Mrs.Richards 5th Grade: Mrs. Jackson THEN Mrs.Bennet Unfortunately, Mrs.Jackson became a drama teacher in a diffrent department. I felt realy bad for my kids because they had the meanest substitudes for over 2 months.

Posted February 15, 2011

BRUNER IS THE BEST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EVER YOU SHOULD GO HERE,BECAUSE THE TEACHERS ARE VERY NICE AND THE PRINCIPAL DR.CONGER AND MS.SIKMIRE IS NICE TO I DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELL HER NAME HAHA BUT YOU SHOULD COME TO BRUNER MY TEACHER MS.HUFFMAN IS VERY NICE WE DO A LOT OF PROJECTS

Posted May 20, 2010

I like the school , I have my 9 year old daughter enroll , my only concern is that they had been changing principals tree times for the last 2 yrs wich is not good for the kids and staff..

Posted April 9, 2010

This is my 17th year teaching and is the best school I have ever taught at.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 19, 2009

I had two of my three children enrolled in Bruner years ago. Failure of assistance from the Principal in a serious threat, provoked me to pull the children out and homeschool for 2 years. I am now searching for a public school and willing to give the school system another try and I will definetly NOT be enrolling them at this school!

Posted July 19, 2009

My students attended Bruner last year and had a great year. Mrs. Stoll and Mrs. Hrdina are wonderful teachers, and my children had a wonderful experience.

Posted September 29, 2008

I have 4 kids enrolled in this school from 2nd grade to 5th grade. Our 5th graders have attended Bruner since Kindergarten. The teachers are great and our kids love it.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 60% in 2013.

107 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the Criterion Referenced Test (CRT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The CRT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 71% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 66% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 44% in 2011.

113 students were tested at this school in 2011.

All Students39%

Students with limited English proficiency34%
Proficient in English49%
Not migrant42%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students47%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 65%N/A50%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4289 Allen Ln