North Las Vegas, NV

Lucile Bruner Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 03, 2015
Bruner elementary has some good teachers but the majority of them are not good. My daughter was bullied by her 5 grade teacher. If your child has an IEP I wouldn't let them go to this school. The middle school in this area is very good though.

Posted May 28, 2014
Bullying was not taken care of correctly. My son had issues with a bully immediately after enrolling in this school for 2nd grade. I tried my best to give him advice, spoke to the teacher, had meeting with the teacher and principal after it escalated to physical altercation which to me is completely unacceptable in the 2nd grade. He was suspended twice which goes along with the normal standard of whoever is involved in an issue is still suspended, whether at fault or not. My son stuck around and tried his best for the 2 years he attended (2nd and 3rd grade). I kept hearing the same boy's name repeated over and over, incident after incident and a few other racist incidents among a few kids geared towards my son. He is now happily home schooled and his father and I are doing our best to keep him up to speed and surpass Nevada's terrible standards for education. I have heard so many complaints about the school system here and have heard time and time again about Las Vegas only concerned with the gaming/sex/restaurant industry...

Posted May 25, 2014
My daughter attended Bruner for the 2013-2014 school year for first grade. Upon registering my child I explained to the teacher that she had been in speech. Her permanent record had all of her testing and evaluations. In the beginning the teacher & principal seemed to be on board to work as a team with me to make sure my child was getting what she needed educationally. That failed quickly as they were more concerned if she was 5 minutes late than if she was learning! I had at least 2 meetings with the principal & teacher together & individually. I was even told by other parents that my daughter's first grade teacher was moody & fickle. The teacher was also disorganized & over booked parent-teacher meetings.The office staff was rude & acted self entitled. I reviewed my daughter's report card & attendance & found errors that would not have been corrected if I had not been an involved parent! After holiday break my daughter had a substitute & she was doing much better, but before her regular teacher was to return I withdrew my child from Bruner. I found out that my daughter felt intimidated by her regular teacher. This school does not follow written policies nor work with parents .

Posted September 23, 2013
I'm a high school Graduate from the class of 2013. I attended Lucile Bruner all throughout Kinder to fifth grade and it was honestly a great school. Though I do remember the constant immaturity of the other kids. I did have one rude teacher and after that, it went great. The teaching system was also balanced fairly well throughout he years though I personally felt that the lessons were taught to slow. Now I baby sit my friend's sister and she tells me she says she likes the environment overall. I have encountered some rude staff and can say the only reason parents will have an issue is the lack of parents educating their children at home not to harm or pick on other children. The parents should be more involved in the lives of their children.

Posted December 21, 2012
HOW DARE A TEACHER TELL HIS CLASS MY SON IS A PIECE OF TRASH! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! THIS HAS GONE TO FAR!

Posted November 12, 2012
by the beginning of september 2012, my son was telling me about this kid in his class that had hit him on several different occassions. i told him to tell his teacher. after my son continued to tell me that this kid had escalated her assaults, i wrote letters to the teacher and the principal. i even spoke with the teacher and principal myself. after 3 months, i really had expected positive results. on 11/05/2012, at approximately 10 am, i personally went to the principals office again. she told me that she had spoke with my son and the bully that morning and the bully admitted to assaulting my son on several occassions. the principal further stated that she did not believe the assaults would stop. i asked the principa what would happen if the bully assaulted my child again. she replied, well, if it happens again, you might want to consider moving your child to another class. i was appauled. when i picked my son up that same day from school, he told me that after the principal talked to him and the bully, when they went to PE, the bully responded by picking up a pine cone, throwing it and hitting him in the face. the principal resolved the issue by moving my son, not the bully, hmm

Lucile Bruner Elementary School 2

Posted November 12, 2012
Both my husband and i work for the school district. We had a son enrolled in Bruner last year. Our son on several different occassions told us about him being mistreated physically by other kids. Our son is small for his age. On a few occassions, i went to the school to observe. Being a known employee, i was never questioned about my prensence. I noticed my son being picked on by kids, and my son would not hit back. Anonomously, i called the school and reported these incidents to the principal. The principal told me, she would take care of it. I waited approximately six weeks. My son continued to complain about being abused. Once again, i went to the school and observed the same behavior, the other kids in fact were still abusing my son. At PE time, i spoke with his teacher and asked her when did the principal speak to her about this subject. The teacher looked at me with a puzzled look and said, the principal has never spoke to me about this matter. I politely said thank you, went to the front office and removed my son from bruner. There appears to be a pattern of the principal allowing certain groups of students to be allowed to have free reign of her school without ant dicipline

Posted September 11, 2012
Well we are new to Vegas and based on the reviews I'm hoping my girls will adjust well and find it to be a great school for them. I am looking forward to volunteer as much as possible and stay involved in their school.

Posted July 15, 2012
This school has a really good teaching staff, however, their office staff needs improvement. They speak to you from there desk across the room, they are not informational, they are rude, and they are lazy. The office staff lacks the ability to be personable to parents and over looks items in children's files. The office staff needs some new faces. As far as my child's education. He improved tremendously after enrolling here, he was more confident, and it showed through the improvement of his grades.

Posted June 06, 2012
my opinion of this school doesnt matter really, but if you ask my son.....this school lacks warmth, understanding, honesty, sympathy and most of all it lacks teachers who try to relate to each child individually according to that childs circumstance. NOT ALL CHILDREN LEARN THE SAME OR HAVE THE SAME BEHAVIOR PATTERNS......AS TEACHERS YOU WOULD THINK THIS WOULD BE CONSIDERED!

Lucile Bruner Elementary School
4289 Allen Ln, North Las Vegas, NV  89032
Last modified Lucile Bruner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lucile Bruner Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top