Posted November 06, 2013
I am a current student here. The easiest part of this program, believe it or not, is the college portion. You are treated exactly like a college student, with freedom and responsibility. The hardest part would be the high school classes. All students complain about how hard every assignment is because it is simply too hard to juggle how ever many college classes the student is taking and still have to find time to prepare for high school. You definitely have to push yourself, if not, you will find yourself returning to your previous school like many MANY others.

Posted June 25, 2008
When my grandaughter attended our nearby magnet school during her sophomore year she told me her classes there were boring and not challenging. She was getting straight A's at the time, but not learning anything. I started to look for a better school for her and found at that our local community college offered a program that seemed ideal for her. The Community College of Southern Nevada offers High School courses at three local campuses and simultaneous College level courses all taught by College professors. She doesn't get all A's now but her B's and C's are more meaningful (and realistic) than the A's she brought home last year. She just finished her Junior year in high school and her Freshman in college at the same time. And she just turned Seventeen.

Posted April 03, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from this school in 2004 and I loved every minute of it. This is a school for independent, bright, and intelligent young adults that want an early start on a college experience. We were offered guidance and help every step of the way. The teachers are excellent and we were treated like adults from day one. I recommend this school to serious students that want to achieve more academically.

Posted September 19, 2004
I graduated from this school in 2000, and all I can say is that the experience was just wonderful and unforgettable. I learned so much not only academically (thanks to the free college courses), but also about who I am and what I wanted to do with my life.

Posted August 09, 2004
Well I'm a current student at Community College High School (Class of 2005) and I just want to say that this school is so wonderful. Not only are the teachers the best like (Mr. Hayes and Dr. Dorman) but, you learn alot of life skills and things that will be able to prepare you for college. Not only have I learned the needed skills to do well but, with the college credits I have earned I should be able to transfer as a Junior in college. This is one of the best programs I have ever been in!

Posted February 23, 2004
I am a high school teacher at this school. I would like to comment that this is not a school that is only for the best academic student. It is a school that helps and encourages students of all levels to succeed in a post secondary environment. The most important attribute our students must possess is the maturity and consciencious needed to work in a least restrictive adult educational environment. Of course, having future academic goals and the willingness to work hard for them is of equal importance. With the right attitude and hard work, our students are able to start college as second or even third year students, saving themselves and their parents thousands of dollars for their education.

Posted August 26, 2003
This school is fantastic for the student who is average acedemically, but also a motivated, self starter. The format provides a unique opportunity to get a jump start on the college experience, with individual assistance that a freshman in college just doesn't get. My experience with my daughter and her friends was that it broadens their horizens; and if they can accept the responsibility that goes along with having a less structured schedule, your child will grow and mature in a way that is not available to 'C and B' students in the regular high schools of the Clark County school district. Parents of 'lazy teenagers' beware! The structure of classes makes it difficult to tell if your child is goofing off, even though the high school administration will help you above and beyond the call of duty.

Posted August 10, 2003
- a former student
Hello. My name is Kimberly. I was a former student at the Community college High. I graduated in 2001. I would just like to say that I loved the school. I learned a lot and was able to have fun doing it. The teachers care about their student and the classes were small enough that the teachers were able to spent time with each student they had. The councler also took time to speak with each student many times. They wanted to help us then and with the path we chose after school I would highly recomend the school for anyone who truly likes to learn and cares about getting ahead in their future.

College Of So. Nv High School East
3200 East Cheyenne Ave, North Las Vegas, NV  89030
Last modified College Of So. Nv High School East is a Public school that serves grades 11-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
College Of So. Nv High School East Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top