Mojave High School 1

Posted August 26, 2014
The registration process was unorganized, unprofessional and chaotic. spent at least 2 hours waiting to see a counselor on two different occasions and my children are still not fully in the system on day two of school. the counselor there is in over her head and you can tell by the looks of her office when you walk in. There is paperwork everywhere even falling off of chairs. while with the counselor she finds it hard to focus on one thing and rudely takes phone calls and does several other things while I had already waited over two hours to see her. I went to pick up my children on their first day and a group of about ten children where in the street trying to push a motorcyclist off his bike. they were in the middle of the street yelling and getting in the way of traffic.

Posted December 30, 2013
This school has really changed in the past four years, After Rael has taken over you can see the students change and willingness to succeed, Overall the teachers that have been specially chosen to teach here at Mojave show amazing interest in thier students futures. the athletics are amazingly beginning to rise with Men's Volleyball and Men's track both competing in the state finals last year this is were i will be sending my kids to learn in the years to come.

Posted February 01, 2013
Mojave High School has really changed. I am a freshman so I can only hear stories of how it used to be. But my freshman year so far has been AMAZING!! I love the teachers, staff, administration, students, everything!! I just want to say that those other reviews saying how bad it is are outdated, they're probable from years ago when it was as bad as they claim. So do your homework, MOJAVE IS AWESOME!!!

Posted August 07, 2012
I have 2 students attend this school and I love it. The staff and principal are great! We just moved here last year and I really liked the way my children are being taught. My oldest child will be graduating from Mojave 2013 with her honors diploma!

Posted June 27, 2012
Mojave has changed a lot in this past year and now as a staff that really cares for its students, and because of this the students have changed as well its not a perfect school but its perfect for the progress its made!

Posted February 16, 2012
My daughter attended all 4yrs at Mojove High and graduated 2009. Her counselor was great, along with most of her teachers. The school was clean and safe. Mojave got a bad reputation it didn't deserve. My son now attends Mojave he will graduated this June 2012. He has great teachers and good counselor. Overall I would recommend this high school to any child. Remember you make your school.

Mojave High School 3

Posted January 23, 2012
I went to Mojave all four years and graduated in 2004. At that time the principal was helpful in success and was very active in the children. What was non helpful was the the teachers giving up on there students after they lash out. the classes seemed over crowded and there was alot of suicides and deaths.

Mojave High School 4

Posted August 31, 2011
my daughter isa graduate of mojave hs 2011 and past her all her profiencies the first time around and went there for 4 years and the teachers she had were great and the counseling staff was amazing and if more parents would get involved in the pac meetings which were very educational and kept you informed of what was offered and going on with the mojave high school they also had meetings to help with college and other areas to benefits our children they would feed you and have a big area for parents and maybe 10-12 would show up they offered plenty of tutoring i feel a school is what you and parent invovolement make it think mojave gets a bad rap because they offer a lot but the news always put the negative and not the postive they had a great choir and the cheerleaders did great even all schools have their faults and gangs are everywhere they start in elementary school if look at some of the documentaries they have on television or if you grew up in the los angeles area people are entilted to there own opinion but i thought mrs v was very good principal and if you got involved as a parent and ms miller the dean was awesome so weas parents need to get more involved

Mojave High School 2

Posted August 28, 2011
My second child begins his sophomore year this year, the first graduated last year, no thanks to the staff and administrators at Mojave High School. They are under educated, under staffed and totally disorganized. I had High hopes for the new principal, until it is the day before school starts and we have nothing but a start time, no schedule, no clue as to a homeroom and ....ho, hum, here we go again. This is also the third year that we get the option to going to another school, nowhere near we live, or tutoring because they cant pass the NCLB initiative, again. I am glad that as prior students you are defending your Alma Mater, but as a parent that has to deal with the staff, they really should be ashamed!! Thanks for the Rant!!

Posted August 10, 2011
I went to Mojave all 4 years and yes maybe some of the teachers or staff are not as professional as they should be and the education is not the BEST but if bashing and complaining is all your going to do then Mojave will never get better. People need to get involved and help the school out, with little funding and no support what do you expect the school to be!!!! I had some great memories and wouldnt change them for the world and everyone one of my friends now that went there are successful bright young adults, you have to want to succeed to do it!!!! And GANGS are not formed at MOJAVE!!!! If Mojave is too GHETTO for you maybe you should put a couple thousand into the school and help it become more then it is!!!! STOP COMPLAINING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT

Mojave High School
5302 Goldfield St, North Las Vegas, NV  89031
Last modified Mojave High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mojave High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 74 reviews.