Jim Bridger Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2014
Bridger is a great school people are just mad because they fail school. The teachers are here to help you not baby sit you. Bridger has changed since last year. All Bridger needs is a little remodeling. No school is perfect no student is perfect. There will always be people who judged you. All you have to do is find the right type of people fot you.

Posted June 20, 2014
I am a not so proud student at Jim Bridger Middle School. I have attended the school for both 6th and recently finished 7th grade. I hope that I will not be going to the school for 8th grade. I need to be able to attend a good high school and college and I honestly don't feel that I could get that with Jim Bridiger MS. I am a magnet student, not zoned. This school definitely doesn't hold an educational edge, in fact, it is much lower in terms of learning, teachers, and overall look and feel of the school. Research upon research on this school... 4 out of 10 stars is the official rating. Disappointing. May I say, I am quite smart in the field of education and I really feel like I learned nothing the two years I was there. I mean, go into a bath room and there were some kids doing drugs. Horrible school. Don't waste your child's time of you are even considering this school. Definitely no lies in this review. I wouldn't have wasted my time to write it if I didn't care about the educational well being of other students.

Jim Bridger Middle School 5

Posted June 02, 2014
My Bridger years were amazing 7 & 8 You learn lots of things . It's fun school. We're all family & we all care about each other . First the dean is a wonderful person as well the rest of the staff The deans job is not to babysit your kids she don't bite If you need help she's there students getting mad Over the actions they've done and she's just letting Them learn from their mistakes ! Bathrooms are dirty but that mess Is from the students and their not your children's Maid either ! Tell your kids to do their part and they'll Do theirs!

Posted January 13, 2014
I'm a seventh grade student at Jim Bridger Middle School and I can honestly say that there was only about one teacher in the whole school who actually cared about the students. This school is horrible and nothing is ever done about the problems. Teachers see the students fighting and selling/doing drugs, but nothing is ever done. I've told the deans about this problem, but no action was taken. The people in this school make me regret thinking I would better my education here. The students constantly fight and the teachers are mean and don't care enough to teach us properly. I really wish something was done to take care of these problems at the school.

Posted October 17, 2013
This school is horrible. I'm in 7th grade and the school is terrible. People here judge you on your looks. It's my second year at this school. We use iPads and since then my grades have been D's and F's. The teachers don't help and the students are mean. My mom is taking me out if this school. I really hate this school. It's in a ghetto neighbor hood and the only good person at that school is the principal. I got in trouble last year for touching my friends shoulder. I got suspended and in house for 1 week. This school is pathetic.

Jim Bridger Middle School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
There are some teachers who actually seem to care, but too many that don't. They really should look into who they have teaching the kids. Some are obviously mentally unstable and don't put their students first. This school has potential but they need to weed out the bad seeds first. Also safety is a huge concern. Pay attention and get it right!

Jim Bridger Middle School 4

Posted August 08, 2013
Ive attended for two years now and I actually enjoy it. I say actually because the bathrooms are disguisting, the school area is not really safe and there is a lot of trouble. On the other hand, the teachers are excellent, they explain material very well and with the help of our government-funded-ipads, we learn even more!! I love the school and all my friends. The thing is though, you have to chose your friends wisely because there are some two-faced backstabbers there that will act to be your friend.

Jim Bridger Middle School 2

Posted July 22, 2013
when i attended for 6th and 7th grade i hated that school. many kids were getting bullied, most of the boys made girls feel ugly or unwanted, the girls only think about either bullying or getting a boyfriend,some of the teachers are lazy & dont teach properly. I did like the fact that they encourage and push the students to grow. Since Bridger is now offering Ipads,my grades went from "B's and A's" to "D's and F's" they were too much of a distraction and tempting, more drama cuased. it took 3/4 of the school year for teachers to learn how to use the ipads. I also wanted to get into art class but i couldn't because of low crt test scores, so i figured "okay, maybe i really need this class to improve" but the class i was taking, the teacher Ms.Jackson was only teaching us nouns,verbs,adverbs,and simple 1st grade things. I loved my math class Ms.Lathem, she was excellent teacher. My history teacher Ms.Frans was a horrible teacher, she dint teach anything at all, she would give assignments and never graded them, we mostly copied notes and never learned a thing. The P.E teacher Mr.kalas was caught looking in the girls locker room but nobody did anything.

Jim Bridger Middle School 5

Posted January 02, 2012
My two daughters has gone to school here and it is one of the best "Magnet Program School" in Nevada. My two daughters all applied to the Magnet Program and has been accepted. Once home from their first day of school they each said the school was "AWESOME!" to attend. In my opinion this school is a great school with a lot of activities and learning. This is one of the best schools I have entered my daughters into. 5/5 Stars.The principal (Ms. Jaskolski) is incredibly involved with the 1300 students who attend this school. During an awards ceremony, she did not schmooze with the parents or the teachers. Instead, she spent most of her time connecting with the students. It is this connection that has created an outstanding learning environment supported by teachers who SINCERELY care. I get emails from my son's teachers and track what he is doing in school via the Jim Bridger Google & Moodle site, their daily news online and announcements. This is really fun and interesting for them. GO FALCONS! :)

Posted August 25, 2011
I attended Bridger from 2001 - 2003, and in the last year I remember the new batch of students were a part of the (then) new Magnet program. Unless the environment has changed, this school is horrendous. The buildings were old, the school is located in the middle of a ghetto (being a military brat and taking the bus, the area was an eye-opener for me), janitorial duties were rarely attended to, and the instructors cared more about themselves than the students. Granted, the students weren't all too charming to begin with. Overall, the mix of uncaring instructors and ungrateful students is what brought the school down. Many teachers threw in the towel while most students (barely) went on to High School. During my 3 years, a science teacher had a nervous breakdown and a Math instructor was forced into retirement, blaming the student body for health issues. Take what I've posted with a grain of salt, though. I attended Bridger during it's last years as a regular school. I do remember some great, helpful teachers and friends. If this "Magnet Program" has solved the problems that used to plague this school, than kudos to the administration.

Jim Bridger Middle School
2505 North Bruce St, North Las Vegas, NV  89030
Last modified Jim Bridger Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jim Bridger Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top