Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The teachers are not always the nicest to the kids. I have experienced walking the halls and heared them degrade kids in their tone and language. I think they can do a better job with communication amongst the staff and students. The kids do have good experiences, but also feel they cannot talk openly with their teachers.

Jo Mackey has a positive environment and school culture. Special accolades to Ms. Modesitt (excellent 3rd grade teacher), Ms. McClinton (art specialist), and Ms. Sigmond (Special Ed/resource teacher).

I am very satisfied with my son's 1st grade progress...coming from private pre-k & k I was a little worried about the area but, it was great! Mrs. Washington has a no nonsense policy which is awesome fir creating JoMackey leaders!

We were not impressed by the school at all, as a parent I wouldn't recommend it. Some teachers do not have adequate experience or training, and...teaching and learning environment is not child-friendly.

My two kids are attending Jo Mackey and they love their school. My daughter is a 5th grader and she is into the Robotics team. Also she participate in School Choir and this week she perform as the News anchor. My son attends 2nd grade and his teacher is very qualify in science and math. This school is great, the teachers masters the subjects and made the school time very enjoyable for the kids. I recommend this school to everybody!

I have received numerous notes and flyers sent home with spelling mistakes. I have received notices with incorrect dates for teacher in-service. In addition, if you are pro-Obama, this is this school for you. This is an academy of democratic and progressive politics. If the school we are zoned for had a traditional school year like Jo Mackey, and not 12-month, I would have pulled my child out of school mid-year and sent him to a public school. There is no way I will let him attend 2 years in a row.

This is a great school! They have a broad band of teaching. Not a cookie cutter school. My son loves going to school for thje first time! the fifth grade teacher Mrs. Miller truely must love children and teaching. She is my son's favorite teacher so far in his educational process.My son is ADHD. This school is well informed about children with ADHD and teaching them.

Teachers in this school is providing adequate training students. They have computer lab and other facilities to enhance the knowledge of students. Attitude of teachers towards the students and their work is very positive. I recomend this school to other parents

I was not impressed with this school!!! My daughter never had an agenda for what she was going to be learning from week to week.

This school just won the Magnat school of excellence award this year. They have a lot of extra activities and the leadership theme is wonderful. The Principal and all of teh teacers are so friendly and helpful. This is the best school I have seen here.

Last modified Jo Mackey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.