Posted August 25, 2014
Jo Mackey has a positive environment and school culture. Special accolades to Ms. Modesitt (excellent 3rd grade teacher), Ms. McClinton (art specialist), and Ms. Sigmond (Special Ed/resource teacher).

Jo Mackey Elementary School 4

Posted June 18, 2013
I am very satisfied with my son's 1st grade progress...coming from private pre-k & k I was a little worried about the area but, it was great! Mrs. Washington has a no nonsense policy which is awesome fir creating JoMackey leaders!

Jo Mackey Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2013
We were not impressed by the school at all, as a parent I wouldn't recommend it. Some teachers do not have adequate experience or training, and...teaching and learning environment is not child-friendly.

Posted September 14, 2012
My two kids are attending Jo Mackey and they love their school. My daughter is a 5th grader and she is into the Robotics team. Also she participate in School Choir and this week she perform as the News anchor. My son attends 2nd grade and his teacher is very qualify in science and math. This school is great, the teachers masters the subjects and made the school time very enjoyable for the kids. I recommend this school to everybody!

Jo Mackey Elementary School 0

Posted April 09, 2010
I have received numerous notes and flyers sent home with spelling mistakes. I have received notices with incorrect dates for teacher in-service. In addition, if you are pro-Obama, this is this school for you. This is an academy of democratic and progressive politics. If the school we are zoned for had a traditional school year like Jo Mackey, and not 12-month, I would have pulled my child out of school mid-year and sent him to a public school. There is no way I will let him attend 2 years in a row.

Posted September 14, 2009

Posted January 09, 2009
This is a great school! They have a broad band of teaching. Not a cookie cutter school. My son loves going to school for thje first time! the fifth grade teacher Mrs. Miller truely must love children and teaching. She is my son's favorite teacher so far in his educational process.My son is ADHD. This school is well informed about children with ADHD and teaching them.

Jo Mackey Elementary School 4

Posted December 19, 2008
Teachers in this school is providing adequate training students. They have computer lab and other facilities to enhance the knowledge of students. Attitude of teachers towards the students and their work is very positive. I recomend this school to other parents

Jo Mackey Elementary School 0

Posted September 20, 2007
I was not impressed with this school!!! My daughter never had an agenda for what she was going to be learning from week to week.

Posted May 18, 2007

Jo Mackey Elementary School
2726 Englestad, North Las Vegas, NV  89030
Last modified Jo Mackey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jo Mackey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top