Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Marion E Cahlan Elementary School 5

Posted December 08, 2015
The teachers here are focused on their students and give support to any problem areas they might have. The principal and assistant principal are awesome. They not only interact with the students they are very supportive in the school curriculum and activities as well. A majority of the students are Hispanic , my daughter attends there and son . My daughter has blonde ( toe head) hair and she is the all American Caucasian., she stands out. You'll know who she is in her class. So as far as the school treating the students differently as far as ethnic. , I disagree my child has excelled in all her subjects this year. For kindergarten they grade with e 's and s 's and n' s. She received all e's on her report cards all year. Which e is for excellent and s is satisfactory and n is non satisfactory. So the school staff and educators do not discriminate on ethnic. My children that attend are proud to belong to Marion Cahlan Cougars.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted December 08, 2015
There is no one imparticular , I want to thank the whole staff and faculty at Marion Cahlan . Starting from the principal Amy Negrete, Asst. principal Mr.Rava to all the staff in the front office , all the teachers , the cafeteria ladies , specials teachers( P.E. , Music, Library , Social Studies, Art, etc and the custodian . . . My three smaller children attend at this school , kindergarten, second grade and third grade . I have nothing NEGATIVE to say about this school and it's staff. My kids love this school and the teachers and staff. They hardly ever miss a day. The are excited every morning to go to school. The feelings are mutual between the staff , my kids and myself . I truly can say they really care and show concern for each and every child that attends there. I've seen their compassion for the students every single day. I have the utmost respect for every one of them. My kids have an exceptional education . They are eager to learn every single day . I can't say enough about how much I appreciate their dedication and concern for the students. I give my HIGHEST REGARDS TO ALL THE STAFF AT MARION CAHLAN ELEMENTARY. THANK YOU . I HAVE NOT ONLY DEVELOPED A PARENT / Teacher / staff member relationship I have formed a friendship with a few staff members as well. The are all FRIENDLY, RESPECTFUL AND CARING INDIVIDUALS. IN MY OPINION THERE IS NO LIMIT ON MY RATING WHEN IT COMES TO THIS SCHOOL. To be brutally honest at first I had my doubts about this school when I seen the reviews, but now I can whole heartedly say there is NOT ONE DOUBT OF CONCERN WHEN IT comes to ALL THE STAFF MEMBERS ( PRINCIPAL , TEACHERS, CUSTODIAN ETC. ) THANK YOU

Marion E Cahlan Elementary School 5

Posted April 05, 2015
Great teachers and office staff , awesome motivators also have a good cafeteria and security

Posted July 27, 2007
This school is focused on student achievement. Students are well-behaved and the curriculum is challenging. Students are given support in areas they need extra help in. The principal is professional and encouraging.

Marion E Cahlan Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2006
This is one of the worst schools I have ever seen! The principal cares nothing about your children. It is as if you are bothering or inconveniencing her. My children went to this school for two years too long. I was finally able to homeschool them myself. My daughter was a fourth grader and she was not taught to multiply. The school is very biased. If you are not Mexican, than they don't have any interest in teaching your child. Most of the school was Mexican so instead of teaching the children, they were trying to interpret between the English language and Spanish. I can't tell you one good thing about this school other than I am glad my children are not there anymore. Thank you for your time.

2801 Fort Sumter Dr, North Las Vegas, NV  89030
Last modified Marion E Cahlan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.