Bad
Good

There are some great teachers here. But the principal and faculty are fake nice. Not open minded at all for special needs students prefer to push through the system and make them someone else's problem rather than do what's best for the kids. Horrible experience with some of the faculty at this school.

2 years now and we love this school. I really like their program for GATE and higher learning students. I would recommend this school to everyone.

I was surprised to read the negative review about the office staff, as they have always been very friendly and helpful for us. My kids have had great experiences here at Goynes. They love their teachers, haven't had any issues with bullies, and are doing well academically. We are very happy with all of our experiences here!

Are any other parents having a high level of difficulty with this office staff? Where was this group assembled from? It is reaching the level of horrible. Not sure if it is us or what however the complete lack of care or professionalism is astounding. I cannot believe we are the only parents having trouble in the admin office. Word of advice to them ...if you hate your job and are just here collecting a check ...please ask for a transfer.

This is our first year at this school. We were very fortunate to be placed in a class with an amazing teacher. I regularly volunteer in the class. However, I can't give the school 5 stars because at our very first meeting they cut my Childs IEP in half and then proceeded to tell me that he wont qualify for one next year because he isn't struggling enough. He has high functioning autism. My only other concern is the front office. The first time I volunteered I just walked right in the front door, signed a book, took a sticker and wandered off into the building. No one spoke to me, checked my ID, asked where I was going, etc. That is a little scary. Traffic in the morning is just a ticking time bomb. Cars go in every which direction. Kids and parents running across the street. Cars don't stop for crossing guards. Its scary. I don't allow my child to walk alone and we live directly across the street. someone is going to get run over. They need to do something. FAST.

This will be my son's 2nd year at Goynes ES and overall school has good reviews since I volunteer during school hours twice a week.I felt welcomed by my son's teacher and by office both school years, but as I ask information about my child's homework, I always experience office manager having private whispering conversations about other teachers and staff! Be professional and do your job. Mr. Hybarger always seems unavailable and never on campus to know what's going during dismissal, there are cars driving the opposite way while leaving parking lot. School needs improvement by administration!

My son has gone to this school for the past 3 years, at first the school was great. But this year I'm not very happy with the pairing of the teacher with my child, and I've come to find out that parents are not allowed to request a teacher for next year. They don't seem to care about helping the children that need more help with a teacher that will be beneficial to that child. They just care about statistics and good school ratings. If your child is in the top 20% of testing then no problem if not they get screwed.

I have found the staff to be very responsive to concerns expressed in the classroom. We especially love the principal's involvement at every level in this school.

We moved here towards the end of the school year but my child's transition to this school has gone very smoothly. The school is very large but the class are spread out evenly so the children still get a smaller classroom setting. Mrs. Batista has been wonderful and communicates very well with parents. Great school!

Goynes Elementary has been a great school for our son. He attended both Kindergarten and first grade. We've had great teachers both years and they have been fantastic in addressing my son's special needs. The on staff OT & Speech therapists were great and my son's IEP was carefully crafted to fill his needs. Ms. Rennie & Ms. Batiste are AWESOME teachers.

Last modified Theron H & Naomi D Goynes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.