North Las Vegas, NV

Posted October 27, 2014
2 years now and we love this school. I really like their program for GATE and higher learning students. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Posted October 20, 2014
I was surprised to read the negative review about the office staff, as they have always been very friendly and helpful for us. My kids have had great experiences here at Goynes. They love their teachers, haven't had any issues with bullies, and are doing well academically. We are very happy with all of our experiences here!

Posted October 07, 2014
Are any other parents having a high level of difficulty with this office staff? Where was this group assembled from? It is reaching the level of horrible. Not sure if it is us or what however the complete lack of care or professionalism is astounding. I cannot believe we are the only parents having trouble in the admin office. Word of advice to them ...if you hate your job and are just here collecting a check ...please ask for a transfer.

Posted December 20, 2013
This is our first year at this school. We were very fortunate to be placed in a class with an amazing teacher. I regularly volunteer in the class. However, I can't give the school 5 stars because at our very first meeting they cut my Childs IEP in half and then proceeded to tell me that he wont qualify for one next year because he isn't struggling enough. He has high functioning autism. My only other concern is the front office. The first time I volunteered I just walked right in the front door, signed a book, took a sticker and wandered off into the building. No one spoke to me, checked my ID, asked where I was going, etc. That is a little scary. Traffic in the morning is just a ticking time bomb. Cars go in every which direction. Kids and parents running across the street. Cars don't stop for crossing guards. Its scary. I don't allow my child to walk alone and we live directly across the street. someone is going to get run over. They need to do something. FAST.

Posted October 05, 2013
This will be my son's 2nd year at Goynes ES and overall school has good reviews since I volunteer during school hours twice a week.I felt welcomed by my son's teacher and by office both school years, but as I ask information about my child's homework, I always experience office manager having private whispering conversations about other teachers and staff! Be professional and do your job. Mr. Hybarger always seems unavailable and never on campus to know what's going during dismissal, there are cars driving the opposite way while leaving parking lot. School needs improvement by administration!

Posted April 23, 2013
My son has gone to this school for the past 3 years, at first the school was great. But this year I'm not very happy with the pairing of the teacher with my child, and I've come to find out that parents are not allowed to request a teacher for next year. They don't seem to care about helping the children that need more help with a teacher that will be beneficial to that child. They just care about statistics and good school ratings. If your child is in the top 20% of testing then no problem if not they get screwed.

Theron H & Naomi D Goynes Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2013
I have found the staff to be very responsive to concerns expressed in the classroom. We especially love the principal's involvement at every level in this school.

Posted May 08, 2012
We moved here towards the end of the school year but my child's transition to this school has gone very smoothly. The school is very large but the class are spread out evenly so the children still get a smaller classroom setting. Mrs. Batista has been wonderful and communicates very well with parents. Great school!

Posted April 27, 2012
Goynes Elementary has been a great school for our son. He attended both Kindergarten and first grade. We've had great teachers both years and they have been fantastic in addressing my son's special needs. The on staff OT & Speech therapists were great and my son's IEP was carefully crafted to fill his needs. Ms. Rennie & Ms. Batiste are AWESOME teachers.

Theron H & Naomi D Goynes Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2009
My children have attended Goynes since it opened. I love this school but have found in the last 2 years the quality of education my son is receiving is on the decline. This has nothing to do with his teacher, it's the fact the school has grown to be the largest elementary school in the district. My children have been in portables for most of their years, the class sizes in the upper grades are too large. When we moved to Aliante when it was first being built, we were told the school was for the children of Aliante. CCSD obviously had other ideas. Now we have children from out of our school zone who attend, swelling the school population even more. Yes, Goynes is a great school but it may not be for much longer if the growth doesn't stop.

Theron H & Naomi D Goynes Elementary School
3409 Deer Springs Way, North Las Vegas, NV  89084
Last modified Theron H & Naomi D Goynes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theron H & Naomi D Goynes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top