John Tartan Elementary School 2

Posted March 04, 2014
I am as substitute teacher,The staff at this school is very rude & have negative "attitude" problems. Which is why I will never go back! In addition, Tartan starts at 7:25am which is ridiculous for elementary kids. MANY, MANY,MANY of my students were extremely late and few coming in an hour after bell rings!!! All of the kids are yawning and having trouble, they should go back to starting at 9am like all the other schools if anything 8am .It is in the best interest of the students Tartan changes their start time!!!!!!

John Tartan Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2013
Upon my daughter entering kindergarden things were rocky and I didn't like this school at all. I had to deal with one rude staff member in the front office. I love the teachers and staff. If you care and invest in your childs education and get involved there should be no problems. Yes theres kids and parents who have little to no brains but the decent outweighs the garbage. The parking situation is horrible.

John Tartan Elementary School 5

Posted August 10, 2013
This school has teachers who care, and it is a nice clean school. My kids have enjoyed going there this past year, and their reading and math is improving.

Posted April 02, 2013
This school is run about as poorly as you could run one. The principal is rarely available if she is on the property at all. Not all, but many of the front office staff are rude. play ground supervision is poor.

Posted March 30, 2013
I am appalled this school and the principal employ a teachers aide named Elizabeth Gaeta. She is a rude young girl who doesn't respect parents or the children she is suppose to be caring for. I have seen her yell at a little boy for not walking fast enough for her liking. I have also been told by other witnesses she has hit a child if they do not do as she tells them. Sadly she works with disabled children whom cannot speak up for themselves. My child went to this school for less then a year. Once I found out this girl was going to be assisting in their class I spoke my concerns to the principal. They were ignored and dismissed. The staff of this school do not care if they are putting your child in danger.

Posted July 28, 2011
I had my Daughter enrolled in this school 2010 and 2011. The teachers have no concern for safety within the black top. - I have found several times where my daughters class room was left outside in the heat because the current teacher was in a parent teacher conference. " At least send someone to get your class ". - My wife has had numerous encounters with the front office staff answering rude, not answering the phones or even talking down to student in school. - We both have experience rude parents who also have no sense in safety. Cutting you off in the cars when your walking or even taking over 2 car spaces. I don't know if this is a race / ethnic reason.. I would hope not but yet to this day we still experience parents that just don't care. - We just could not do it anymore... I feel my child doesn't need to be around all this.

John Tartan Elementary School 4

Posted May 24, 2011
This school is getting a bad rap that it does not deserve. There are many great teachers and the principal is actually quite caring. There are a lot of opportunities for children to shine. The pricipal allows parents to be as involved as they want to be. People want to blame the school for their kids problems when really they need to blame themselves for not doing their part to make the school successful.

John Tartan Elementary School 2

Posted August 03, 2010
I would just like Tartan Elem. School to update its official website. I can't hear update report from teacher about my son's development in the school often, I am just relying on its website that I could get update on the school activities, events etc.

Posted May 25, 2010
I was told by the teacher and Asst Principal that they don't give out homework, because they want them to be kids and "it doesn't get turned back in". plus, they won't let the kids bring home books; might get lost. Can't the books be numbered and signed out at beginning of yr and you are responsible for them? You need some homework to reinforce the work done in school. The teachers and administration are poor at best. The principal told me " if your son gets in trouble again I will have the other kid's family press charges against him; he was 9. My son doesn't go to this "school" anymore and I am sooooooo glad. I feel sorry for the rest of the students that have to go there. You would be better off getting the computer/online school for your child then putting them through this waste of time

Posted March 14, 2010
My daughter is in the fifth grade and she doesn t get any Homework at all. She is not going to be ready for the 6th grade. This school is below average. I really hate they we had to go through 4 years of inadequacy. The only good teacher I have experienced was Ms. Jessica Graham. She really motivated her class.

John Tartan Elementary School
3030 East Tropical Parkway, North Las Vegas, NV  89081
Last modified John Tartan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Tartan Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top