Don E Hayden Elementary School 4

Posted March 17, 2014
I am a substitute teacher and I always enjoy my time at Hayden Elem. The teachers & staff are awesome. The students are well behaved here when compared to other elementary schools in the area. Overall, a good school.

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is terrible. Their is constant bullying going on at the school, which the staff don't do anything about. The teachers and staff do not care about the kids. They have terrible service when you come in and talk to teachers/principle. It is one of the worst schools my daughter has attended.

Posted September 14, 2013
This school is FANTASTIC. My daughter teaches there and the summer reading assignment No Complaints from Ivy the principal was the best read ever. It helped me in my job. I would love to work under Ivy and I am very excited for a great school year for Don E Hayden school.

Don E Hayden Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2013
This will be my child's 4th year and every teacher thus for has been great! My son was bullied by a classmate in 1st grade,I spoke with his teacher and it was taken care of.Volunteering is welcomed, more by some teachers than others.I feel it is just as much the parents responsibility to be aware of their child's progress or needs of improvement as is the teachers.If you went over your child's homework daily then you would know how your child was doing in class.At the beginning of each school year the teachers provide their contact info. if you are ever curious then communicate.Hayden Elementary is one of the few schools in Vegas that provide the kids with "specials" (PE, ART, MUSIC, LIBRARY, COMPUTERS, etc.). Many schools don't have an ART or MUSIC dept.Hayden also provides after school tutoring. Hayden is a good school, with a lot of great teachers and EXTRA opportunities.There will always be those inappropriate children no matter which school you choose,even private and charter schools have dysfunction.What we teach our kids starts at HOME.As parents stay involve and communicate.Its not always the specific school either(reference grading and curriculum) its the school district.

Posted June 07, 2013
5 weeks. Not 5 years or 5 months, 5 weeks is all it took for me and my wife to decide to pull our child out of this school. Teachers don't have full qualifications, even though we were told they did. Letters, phone calls, and inquiries aren't answered. Complete lack of integrity, professionalism, and work ethic within the staff. Its so bad I've since written NV Congressman Dean Heller to address the problems here. Amazing how haphazard this school and school district are with the education growth of our children. Complete lack of pride and conviction. THIS SCHOOL IS AN EMBARRASSMENT! Avoid it if you can.

Posted May 27, 2013
Hayden Elementary School use to be a good school a year ago theres so much bullying going on and they claim to have a no bully tolerance which is bull many kids are geting hit on the bus and nothings being done about it my childs teacher has also been telling her "dont act like ur so sweet and innocent cuz ur not" who tells a child that smh

Don E Hayden Elementary School 5

Posted March 31, 2012
I love this school. My child has improved his reading scores so much. He was in after school tutoring and loved it. He was behind alomost 2 years and is now caught up. Thanks to the hardworking teachers he has had and the free after school help. Thanks to the staff!!! and all the ideas they gave me that I could do at home too. I love how they have afterschool programs. (Soccor, Art class, before and after school tutoring, chorus) I really feel that his teachers care about my sons education.

Posted December 05, 2011
This has to be THE worst school in the history of schools. The teachers care more about their personal problems than the kids. Apparently they don't know how to separate the two and punish the children because of it. What teacher talks about their boyfriend and love life to a bunch of 8 year olds? My child is constantly telling me about the horrible things her teacher says to her class, puts them down, calls them names and embarrasses them in front of other school children.To make matters worse, they've recently changed from A/B report cards to standardized report cards without even explaining what our child needs improvement on. The kids aren't getting any feedback as to how they are doing in school. Even graded classwork and tests aren't being given back to the students. It's as if they actually want our children to fail. The customers service in the front office is HORRIBLE! They do not care about a parents concern BUT are quick to point out small mistakes of an 8 year old. This school needs to be torn down and replaced. A parking lot charging $20 an hour would be better than this.

Posted May 06, 2011
After almost 1 full school year at Hayden (1st and 4th grade) we are pulling our kids and never looking back. From teachers who don't understand nor can explain their own grading procedures to the constant screaming, divulging inappropriate personal matters to students and constant focus on bad behavior, we are done. Entire classrooms get held after school for a few kids not behaving (bad when your kid has to pick up a younger sibling from their teacher) and miss their bus. My kids are military children & have been in gifted programs at every other school. At Hayden they have gotten lower grades and been able to get back up to straight A's only after a teacher finally lets a parent know that things have been in the toilet for weeks. Daughter's first day of class, she was told by a male student "I wanna do you" and shoved into a wall in science class. Every little incident has happened IN class with a teacher present. My 1st grader's class had 1 parent who volunteered (which is NOT encouraged) and this parent wound up pulling her child out of the school and advised me to do the same. Principal is there to back teachers, good luck getting anywhere. This place is a disaster, run away.

Posted January 13, 2011
Please parents DO NOT send your children to Don E Hayden! The bullying at this school is out of hand and not dealt with time and time again. My children have attended Don E Hayden for 4 years now. The first two years I was extremely happy with the professionalism and the overall performance of the teachers. The teachers seemed happy then but a different administration and principal was in charge. The last year especially has been a HUGE let down and I have watched Don E Hayden's performance fall drastically. The teachers are over worked and stressed (not to mention under paid) and MY CHILDREN SUFFER BECAUSE OF THIS. Don E Hayden claims to have a zero tolerence for bullying but this is also untrue. I have to either escort my children in the morning and follow them around until the bell rings OR withdraw my kids well-deserved play time and bring them directly before school commences. This is to prevent my kids from being bullied at recess before school. Administrators and monitors are NOT doing their job and this reflects poorly on the leadership at Don E Hayden. What is my principal doing to protect my children? Nothing. Sad, sad, sad excuse for leadership at Don E Hayden.

Don E Hayden Elementary School
150 West Rome Blvd, North Las Vegas, NV  89086
Last modified Don E Hayden Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Don E Hayden Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top