Bad
Good

Okay this school is by far one of the worst schools I've gone to (I'm going into 8th grade) and I can say its horrible many of the teachers don't put any effort into teaching but some do . Also there's very bad language,I've seen some use drugs,ditching. And it's seditious lot horrible that many of the staff take no effort into there job. Not only that but the principle, dean and vice principle have missed calls and conferences with my parents. To me it seems like all the staff care about is getting a paycheck. Also many classrooms are overcrowded . I could make a list .

I really don't think that this school is one of the worst my son has been attending this school for the past 2 years and these past 7 months has been horrible my son has begin grabbed by a teacher ,has been sexually assault and nothing has been done the principal,assistant principal,and dean's they just don't care about the students.

This is the worst school in North Las Vegas. It starts from the top down and the principal at this school clearly doesn't care about the students or the learning. She clearly just wants to collect a paycheck!! The communication from herself and the staff is terrible, they have dropped the ball concerning my child's education by not following up with calls, not following thru with paperwork, etc.

Caroll M. Johnston is a very , very highly professional environment for your child to learn and develop their basic standards for exceeding in today's Academic and diverse Economy. The teachers their are very dedicated and determined to get your child the skills they need to succeed in their lives. The policies and dress code help focus kids and teachers in the learning, not the looks. It is a great school for you to put your child/children in and i am proud to say i have made 3 of my children attend this school and they have succeeded.

This school is by far one of the best schools I have worked at. Our administration demands constant contact with the parents of students. In fact, as noted in other reviews, communication was poor with parents in years past. This year, the admin decided to take action, and has it made a difference! The community is more involved! I enjoy coming to work! I feel supported and surrounded by a top notch staff! Every teacher is concerned about student progress! Every teacher works hard to promote student achievement! We are in constant trainings and sharing what we learned!

I am another parent who is very frustrated with the communication aspect of this school. Last school year (2008-09), my husband & I constantly asked for updates not only for grades but for our son's behavior in the classroom but we didn't get any--even if he was sent to the dean's office! They were willing to keep him on the basketball team until he brought his grades up. Fine...but I pulled him off because his grades and his attitude was pathetic! Hopefully he'll do better when we move in the Fall 2010.

I am a student and I love johnston middle school. All teachers are nice an easier to learn from than other school. Today We did our Hard lock down drill pratice.And my CRT scores are great now!

My daugther likes Johnston. She stated that there are some kids there that continues to get into trouble, and makes it bad for everyone else. Secondly, my daugher stated that there are lots lots of after school clubs. Thirdly, stated that the communication with teachers was okay. Lastly, she hates the lunches. Go figure huh.

I am very frustrated with several aspacts of the school & keep trying to see the silver lining. My husband & I relocated from another area in clark county because the housing market afforded the change. We called the school and did as much research as possible about the school. It didn't take long for the teachers and staff to not be communicating as well as promised (some NOT AT ALL). I have always encouraged my child to steer clear of problems, but sometimes I think the school is the one who is turning a blind eye to the problems that the students face. Only after going to the school board did I get any resolve. I don't believe that the excuse, 'It's a new school' is acceptable. The teachers at the school as well as the administration have a wide spectum of experience. Hopefully this will improve.

I had two children here last year.My 8th grader had good grades and no problems.My 7th grader was picked on. They changed counselors 3 times in one year!Some of the teachers were very kind and tried hard to help my child excel. But when the math teacher didn't know my child's name at the end of the year, we opted for virtual charter school for 8th grade. Hopefully after this school gets a couple years under its' belt, it will get better.

Last modified Carroll M Johnston Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.