Posted August 20, 2014
I've had a good experience with Dickens elementary and the office staff is really great.

D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School 3

Posted June 02, 2014
5th graders are out-of-control and believe they can do and say what ever they want. More parent involvement is needed here.

Posted October 03, 2013
My sons are in 1st and 2nd grade and have wonderful teachers. They show their concern about their students and welcome parent interaction. I have sat down with them and it shows they really pay attention to their students. The office staff are very helpful as well and it shows on a daily basis. I am looking to move within the next few months and I am only looking in their school zone, why change a good thing?

D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2012
My daughter has attended Dickens since Kindergarten and she is now in 4th grade. I also have children in Kindergarten and the Preschool program at Dickens. I love the principal and vice principal and the office staff. The teachers are good, but the stress of their jobs always being on the line shows in there mood towards the children. I also would like to see more parents care about their children and participate at the school. Clark County is a tough place to raise children the schools have limited funding and so many children do as they please without parental discipline. If you are a parent that is involved your child s education this is a great school.

Posted August 07, 2011
I love Dickens. My daughter went to Kindergarten last year and I was soo worried because I had to leave my baby at school, alone, without me. It was shortly after meeting her teacher that I knew I had nothing to worry about. Miss Bratland was a joy and my daughter LOVED her, I loved her, my son loved her! We are thrilled that my son will now have her as his teacher this year. I really can't think of anything bad to day other than their award ceremonies need to be better organized so that there is not so much crowding... other then that.. my daughter learned alot, did great, loved school, and we loved it too... We are all looking forward to the year ahead for them... I can only hope that all the other teachers are this wonderful! Everyone in their staff is so kind and just willing to go above and beyond for your kids....Miss Pam is amazing! THANKS DICKENS for making a scary thing so easy!

D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School 3

Posted April 09, 2011
Not very happy with the kids at this school. teachers are great but the kids are just out of control . fights happen here more then alot of the parents know of i believe. i seen fights in the morning and in the afternoon . Along with the kids fighting we also have adults fighting . i seen cops here 3 times in one month. i think its time for the school to do something about it.

D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School 0

Posted March 13, 2010
My son also has attended this school since it opened. The staff and principals are great knowing every childs name and a caring attitude. The teachers are the most outstanding and the students show it. However they also have been put in a position to deal with students that have diciplinary issues. This problem has been spread out to the various classes of the students grade level so one teacher doesn't get them all in her class. This is disruptive to the rest of the class. The students are always on alert when their only focus should be on the current lesson at hand. These problem students intimidate the other students and are at times violent. There is a tolerancy for this behavior beyond what our students should have to put up with. These children are special needs children and should be in special needs class of their own.

D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2010

Posted January 08, 2010

D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School 0

Posted July 30, 2009
Currently there is a PTa at Dickens. We are such a new school that there is a growing period as well as needed parent participation to make a PTA visible. Please keep posted and look at all the notices that come home! We are trying to build a community with the administration too.

D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School
5550 Milan Peak St, North Las Vegas, NV  89081
Last modified D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D L Dusty Dickens Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top