Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I do not have anything against subs because all schools need them however it should not be your first choice when educating a child.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Honesty is telling the truth no matter what not covering up your mistakes we all make mistakes.

I don't understand how can you proclaim to be an AVID school which means creating and preparing children for college readiness when your support staff do not have a high school diploma. They are just happy someone gave them a job and the only reason they have it is so that Conner can control them. Cafeteria help, front office, graphics, student advocate which is a made up job to keep him on board, please advise. I cannot believe the board allowed the change in the school but then again I can because they are un involved and it is ran by two people Allen and Lefroy who don't know nothing about education.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My daughter rarely had homework. She said Principal Conner wouldn't give the teachers at the school paper to run off homework. I never heard of such a thing, but when I checked it out, one teacher stated that the principal gave them only 2 packs of paper when they used to get a case of paper per quarter. What??!! So, bought a case of paper to be shared with my two daughter's teachers. How can teachers be effective without basic supplies? Conner set them up -students included-for failure.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

If Principal Conner isn't fair and honest, how could you instill this in students? Integrity and honesty begins at the top.

My child never received a report card on time. It took 2-3 months to receive grades. Everytime I called the school , they kept giving me a progress report - not a report card!! Principal Conner was and IS ineffective. She never returned any of my 7 phone calls when I was attempting to get my child's report card. The school board is also ineffective. I spoke to them about my concerns and nothing ever changed.

Amount of homework: Agree

It could have been better if it pertained to what the student was actually working on. I could not blame the teachers that had no curriculum to follow. They had to google their lessons.

My daughter love's her school she's has learn so much this year. My daughter be ready to go every day I love how me as a parent can help out at school with the teachers.

This school is a joke. The staff turnover there is appalling. Not one teacher from 3 years ago is still working at this school, most leave on their own accord because of the administration. Most students attend this school because they have run out of options with CCSD because of behavior issues. If you want your child to have consistency and a safe environment don't have them attend this school.

After trying everything and my child still struggle in a CCSD school, I made it my mission to find an alternative. It definitely helps that I am a very involved parent. Meaning, I do not drop my children off, I walk them in. You won't find my children jumping to the latest beat on the radio in the morning but you will find them listening to something encouraging or reading. As such, I don't just tell my children to read a book, I am an avid reader. I do not send my children to school to get an education, I am their first teacher and together the Teacher and I make sure my children are striving for excellence at all times! As a result, my teen is in advance classes and my 2nd child a honor roll student. Even when my children occasionally "miss the mark" with honor roll, it only identifies the area the teacher and I need to target TOGETHER. I find richness in having my teen involved in college tours, Community Service, Speaking Engagements, Emerging Youth Leader, and lot's more. Often times we leave it up to Teachers to be all things to our children without realizing this is places our Teachers outside of their role.

Last modified Imagine 100 Academy of Excellence is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.