Theron L Swainston Middle School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
My son has been attending this school for the last 2yrs. Some of his teachers are great others in the pass not so great. Ms. Brown and Ms Westfall has been the most helpful with my child needs in education i appreciate all their help! The kids at the school are not so great. I'm a parent that believes in it starts at home first! Lots of fighting at this school. Needs more supervision!

Theron L Swainston Middle School 2

Posted April 29, 2014
I am a student that attends this school, Swainston Ms is the worst school I have ever attended. I came from a charter school in Colorado, and it was extremely high class. The principal has shown a lack of interests when it comes to here school, my advice to parents and students, do not attend this school if your looking for the top education and stff, I shall be posting more reviews

Posted March 04, 2014
This school is so Ridiculous. I am a current student at Swainston. And I so upset. Te dean at this school RPCed my friend for something she didn't do, she wasn't even involved. This is so unbelievable. The dean is very picky when it comes to RPC and Suspension. I'm just DONE with this school.

Theron L Swainston Middle School 5

Posted August 28, 2013
My school is awesome all the teachers are awesome and very kind 10000/1000 I am so happy I go to this school.. YAY GO THUNDERBIRDS!!!!

Theron L Swainston Middle School 4

Posted August 05, 2013
If you are in good classes, you will most likely have a better experience at Swainston. The teachers I have gotten through out all my three years there were mostly pretty good. They mostly attempted to teach me what I needed to know, while still cracking in a joke here and there. I used to think I was bad at math, until I got a teacher in which taught me in a simplistic way I could actually comprehend. Although there are some cons, I mainly enjoyed my experience there.

Posted May 06, 2013
This school has some good teachers like Mrs.Tetlow and Mr Bradley but the school is not a good place to send your kids to. Everyday I take my kid to school and what do I see a ambulance just because a kid is injured in a fight.There is no presence of school staff around to keep the kids safe at all.My kid has been bullied now twice this year and there is a report done but the dean has done nothing to resolve it at all.The kids that go to this school do not behave and the teachers could care less about the kids.

Posted April 25, 2013
I feel this school lacks teacher conduct. Rarely does the principle intervene when the teachers are having issues with students. I feel they are overloaded and under staffed. The after school tutoring is overloaded. Not really a good school overall.

Posted July 19, 2012
Alright for those of you looking to put your kids in a "good" school it should not be this one. I'm a student at this school school and recently moved here from another.Some things like dress code arent so bad and I understand why they would apply it but other things like teachers and their "ways of teaching" are in my opinion a lot worse than the school i used to go to.Not only were most of my teachers ahem...... douche bags but they would spend more time finding exuses to get that one kid to admit hes doing something wrong then the actual lecture.For the parents who came in here thinking it looks nice and cheery i can tell you otherwise-thats why im writing this.Why would a student write this is a question people reaading this might ask; because its summer and right now I'm trying to find a decent school fr myself right now to prevent from going to swainston this next year again (going to 8th grade).You might be thinking who cares what this kid thinks because its probably because he just doesnt like school. Well yes some things we learn in school i see completly uselles but its not because of that (a litte shallow).

Theron L Swainston Middle School 4

Posted March 27, 2012
I am the parent of a sixth and an eithth grade student. Their teachers are all wonderful. When I walked in the school i immediately felt welcome by the officer manager, the principal and the student aid sitting at the desk who all greeted me with a hello and a smile. I would recommend this school to anyone who asks, regardless of what others say

Posted March 26, 2012
Swainston is one of the worst schools I have ever sent any of my children to. Mr. Bickmore is probably the only person there that really cares about the students and the parents. All the others simply don't have the students best interest in mind. I have 3 middle school aged children and and they are zoned for this school but I enrolled 2 of them at a different school because I feel they deserve a better environment than Swainston can provide. The 1 child of mine goes there because he a special needs child and the special ed program seems to be good for him.

Theron L Swainston Middle School
3500 West Gilmore Ave, North Las Vegas, NV  89032
Last modified Theron L Swainston Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theron L Swainston Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top