Bad
Good

My daughter has been attending Hafen Elementary for 2 years now. This school has been fantastic with her. She does have a few little learning disabilities and trouble with focusing. But her teachers have been great and her special ed teacher works with her often and she has made great improvements. Her teacher Ms. Presgrove goes above and beyond what she is required to do as a teacher. She does additional testing with her students not just the state recommended tests so that you can get a better more detailed look at what your child excels in and has trouble with. I couldn't be more pleased. My husband and I bought our house in this district just so our kids go attend Hafen and I haven't regretted it at all.

Great school, great staff. The school is the top performing school in Nye County and is in the top 30% (ranked 90 out of 318) in the state of Nevada according to CRT scores.

My son has ADHD and instead of being assisted, they suspended him three times in the first month of school. The teacher was incapable of showing any compassion . She could not teach a child who prefers to stand at his desk. VERY intolerant of a child with differences. NO special ed classroom. Get a variance to floyd elementary before the school year starts to avoid the heartache and headache we experienced.

This school was a failure for my niece. This school is not ready or able to deal with children with ADHD. Our niece was shuffled to the back of the room and largely ignored by her teachers. She was not sent home with books or homework. As a consequence she is two grade levels behind. She is eager and excited to learn.

Hafen has made great improvements academically and with behavior since Dr. Owens has been there. I see her in the halls looking into classrooms and stopping in. My son's teacher also makes time to meet with me whenever I need, even though she is very busy and sometimes has to meet outside of their scheduled at school hours. I always feel welcome when I come to Hafen, Mrs. Kessler, Mrs. Berry and Mrs. Baka help me feel a part of the school. Hafen has a tight security and if you don't have a hall pass (which means you checked in at the office) teachers will stop you and ask you to check in. I feel my child is safe at Hafen and growing academically.

This will be my 2nd year at Hafen and I love it! Dr. Owens (Principal) provides high expectations and support for students and staff. I have never been to a school where the principal actually visits each classroom at the beginning of the year to tell children their expectations, and can be found wandering the halls and peeking into rooms, to ensure quality teaching. I love Hafen and although we haven't developed a school-wide GATE program yet, teachers do impliment other projects for high accellerated learners to take part in. Our school has a wonderful PTO that helps our staff plan fun activities for students and parents and as always, parents are always welcome to come and assist us during class! ~Jessica Tsu~3rd Grade Teacher

Extremly dissatisfied with the fact that there are no GATE programs or programs for higher educated students, mostly because they are few and far between all the low average students. I however find the music dept to be taught better then in most larger district's. Overall i think poor school, poorly ran school district. Dont be fooled because of its nice new building! They tend to have a high turn over rate on teachers.

We haven't been happy with Hafen for a long time now. My older sons teacher you can't talk to and if you do she makes you fell like its an inconvenience. It's just been building up. We are at the point of homeschooling if we can't get them into one of the other schools.

Last modified Hafen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.