Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 12, 2016
I will not name names as I am not sure how this web page works, however, I do know of three awesome people at this school. They appear to have looked at the entire situation, and show no animosity over the situation. They have been the type of mentor I would expect from a school teacher. I wish all your co-workers were the same.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted March 12, 2016
They were persistent in their "school law" is what is just and fair, and the truth don't mean a thing. Their determination in drilling that into my daughters brain was definitely there. I will never allow it to become a part of her heart, THEY ARE WRONG.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted March 12, 2016
Washoe County School District believes you are suppose to lie and claim to respect someone who just got away with planning out and attacking you. RESPECT is earned, from day one you should respect everyone you meet, however, when they disrespect you, that respect must then be re-earned.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 12, 2016
You can not teach honesty, integrity and fairness if they do not practice it in the school.

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary 2

Posted March 12, 2016
Coral Academy Of Science, a charter school that was explained to us as being so much better tan a public school. NOT. News to all parents out there. There is what they call "school law" and "civil law" Many of us have taught our children the right to defend them self. WE ARE WRONG. School law says no, punishment comes to all. After my daughter was attacked and the school admits she was protecting herself, from an aggressor who planned this attack with several friends, my daughter received 3 days off. Schools make it up as they go along. Civil Law; that which states we have the right to defend ourselves, does not apply. We need to find a way to help our children distinguish between and remember {along with all the other policies and practices} what it truly means to us and a SCHOOL to stand up for yourself, and stop a bully.

Posted February 06, 2015
My grandchild has been in this school now for two years and he loves it. The teachers and administraters are wonderful and helpful. He has been challenged in his work and encouraged to do his best. I love the cultural diversity of the student population as I believe it fosters the most necessary skill of tolerance. The school environment encourages kids to get along and to help each other. Not only is my child getting an excellent academic education he is learning to work and share with others, a vital element of success in the workplace.

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary 4

Posted January 20, 2015
In general this is a great school. The teachers are dedicated to student success and work hard to foster a learning environment. My biggest issue with this school is that their calendar is not the same as WCSD. They have random half days and days off no one else has. This means that Boys and Girls club and Vacation Station are not open on the days they have off sometimes. I end up searching for childcare. I just wish they would stick with the same calendar as WCSD.

Posted July 30, 2014
Coral Academy is the best schools in Washoe Valley! My children love going to school, their teachers and the education is out standing!!

Posted January 10, 2013
This is a great school! While the academics do surpass the public schools my kids were in, it also fosters an environment where kids don't have to be judged by other kids and bullied. My daughter said that the kids at Coral are a lot nicer than the ones at her old public school. She mentioned that kids at the old school had potty mouths (in early elementary!) but that she never hears kids swearing or bullying at Coral. And her grades are much improved at Coral, too!

Posted January 10, 2013
A great school. We are very pleased with it, and our kids love it here, too! We don't worry about our kids dealing with all the crazy things that other kids have to deal with at the public schools. It won't be tolerated at Coral.

1701 Valley Rd, Reno, NV  89512
Last modified Coral Academy Charter School Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.