Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

You can not teach honesty, integrity and fairness if they do not practice it in the school.

Coral Academy Of Science, a charter school that was explained to us as being so much better tan a public school. NOT. News to all parents out there. There is what they call "school law" and "civil law" Many of us have taught our children the right to defend them self. WE ARE WRONG. School law says no, punishment comes to all. After my daughter was attacked and the school admits she was protecting herself, from an aggressor who planned this attack with several friends, my daughter received 3 days off. Schools make it up as they go along. Civil Law; that which states we have the right to defend ourselves, does not apply. We need to find a way to help our children distinguish between and remember {along with all the other policies and practices} what it truly means to us and a SCHOOL to stand up for yourself, and stop a bully.

My grandchild has been in this school now for two years and he loves it. The teachers and administraters are wonderful and helpful. He has been challenged in his work and encouraged to do his best. I love the cultural diversity of the student population as I believe it fosters the most necessary skill of tolerance. The school environment encourages kids to get along and to help each other. Not only is my child getting an excellent academic education he is learning to work and share with others, a vital element of success in the workplace.

In general this is a great school. The teachers are dedicated to student success and work hard to foster a learning environment. My biggest issue with this school is that their calendar is not the same as WCSD. They have random half days and days off no one else has. This means that Boys and Girls club and Vacation Station are not open on the days they have off sometimes. I end up searching for childcare. I just wish they would stick with the same calendar as WCSD.

Coral Academy is the best schools in Washoe Valley! My children love going to school, their teachers and the education is out standing!!

This is a great school! While the academics do surpass the public schools my kids were in, it also fosters an environment where kids don't have to be judged by other kids and bullied. My daughter said that the kids at Coral are a lot nicer than the ones at her old public school. She mentioned that kids at the old school had potty mouths (in early elementary!) but that she never hears kids swearing or bullying at Coral. And her grades are much improved at Coral, too!

A great school. We are very pleased with it, and our kids love it here, too! We don't worry about our kids dealing with all the crazy things that other kids have to deal with at the public schools. It won't be tolerated at Coral.

Our experience this past school year was good. It had more ups than downs. The teachers are great! After school program was nice for those working late days. A couple disappointments were that the kindergarteners were told they were getting a playground after the cookie dough sale (beginning of the school year), there was still no playground at the end of the school year. Dropping your child off in front of the school is not a big deal but picking them up after school is hard. The parking lot is a madhouse. They do provide a wide variety of after school clubs:) I do prefer this school over my zoned public school. It takes a little getting use to the way CAS does things but it's worth it!!

Absolutely wonderful schooling solution. Teachers bend over backwards to help children excel. My daughter was thought to have a learning disability but after a year at Coral she improved 24 percentage points in standardized testing. Hugely impressed with teacher's dedication and desire to help each child succeed gifted or disabled or just plain average.

I am extremely pleased with my and my child's experience at Coral Academy. The children are challenged academically to a level not generally achieved in a public school in northern Nevada. I have been pleased not only with my son's teacher, but also the administrative staff of the school. The small classroom size is also welcome as it affords the teachers the ability to spend one-on-one time with each student. My younger child will also be attending this school next year.

Last modified Coral Academy Charter School Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.