Public charter
Reno, NV
Before care: Yes

Posted July 30, 2014
Coral Academy is the best schools in Washoe Valley! My children love going to school, their teachers and the education is out standing!!

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary 2

Posted May 04, 2013
Coral Academy-Tamarus campus This school seems to have a VERY large turn over of teachers every year. The building is not well maintained and not well suited for the amount of students attending the school. The class rooms are very small and crammed with students. There is NO additional math or science at this campus like the name of the school implies. The school does not have a library, art room or music room. Please do your research before sending your child to this school.

Posted January 10, 2013
This is a great school! While the academics do surpass the public schools my kids were in, it also fosters an environment where kids don't have to be judged by other kids and bullied. My daughter said that the kids at Coral are a lot nicer than the ones at her old public school. She mentioned that kids at the old school had potty mouths (in early elementary!) but that she never hears kids swearing or bullying at Coral. And her grades are much improved at Coral, too!

Posted January 10, 2013
A great school. We are very pleased with it, and our kids love it here, too! We don't worry about our kids dealing with all the crazy things that other kids have to deal with at the public schools. It won't be tolerated at Coral.

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary 4

Posted August 08, 2012
Our experience this past school year was good. It had more ups than downs. The teachers are great! After school program was nice for those working late days. A couple disappointments were that the kindergarteners were told they were getting a playground after the cookie dough sale (beginning of the school year), there was still no playground at the end of the school year. Dropping your child off in front of the school is not a big deal but picking them up after school is hard. The parking lot is a madhouse. They do provide a wide variety of after school clubs:) I do prefer this school over my zoned public school. It takes a little getting use to the way CAS does things but it's worth it!!

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary 4

Posted June 06, 2012
Absolutely wonderful schooling solution. Teachers bend over backwards to help children excel. My daughter was thought to have a learning disability but after a year at Coral she improved 24 percentage points in standardized testing. Hugely impressed with teacher's dedication and desire to help each child succeed gifted or disabled or just plain average.

Posted May 02, 2012
I am extremely pleased with my and my child's experience at Coral Academy. The children are challenged academically to a level not generally achieved in a public school in northern Nevada. I have been pleased not only with my son's teacher, but also the administrative staff of the school. The small classroom size is also welcome as it affords the teachers the ability to spend one-on-one time with each student. My younger child will also be attending this school next year.

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary 1

Posted April 30, 2012
This school is awful. My younger sister is going here and they treat her so badly I can't even believe it. She has come home feeling so awful about herself because of the way the teachers treat her. She has problems with the other kids at school and the teachers do nothing about it.

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary 1

Posted April 27, 2012
The worst school ever. I am a parent. The teachers have been truly hateful toward my child. The claim to be academically oriented, but they have no understanding of gifted children, other than those who excel in math.

Posted January 23, 2010
I love Coral Elementary...They have great programs, after school clubs...

Coral Academy Charter School Elementary
1701 Valley Rd, Reno, NV  89512
Last modified Coral Academy Charter School Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coral Academy Charter School Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top