Brown Elementary School 2

Posted August 29, 2013
My two older children went to Brown School and it was ok. My youngest son went to Brown for P-k and Mrs. Spanier was the best. Now he is in kindergarten and his teacher Mrs. O'Connor and her aid Mrs. Roeder have given us a horrible experience. They were rude and very disrespectful. The new principal tryed to help better really acted like she could care less. Want to move him, looking for new opportunities.

Posted May 20, 2013
The principal (Ruth Williams) and administration are terrific. They are very receptive to concerns and questions, and have an open door policy. We are thrilled that Brown has just switched over to a traditional school year term (instead of a track system) and are looking forward to that in the fall. Some of the teachers are not our favorites, and some we love, but that's the way it was when we were in school. Brown Elementary holds kids to high academic standards. My only suggestion would be that the PTO attempt to be more inclusive and transparent, emailing all PTO parents about meetings and such, and that at recess, more supervision could be provided. Thanks for the wonderful times at Brown.

Posted May 12, 2010
My son has one of the best teachers; Mrs. Leonard. She has made a huge impact on my son and his personal growth.

Posted April 28, 2010
The relatively new principal, Ms. Arrascada, can be negligent of the parents of students. I find the communication coming mostly from the vice principal, Ms. Ricci, rather than the principal. Teachers are for the most part pretty dang good. There are a few morons but the are few and far between. The school has a great PTO and lots of parent involvement. There is room for improvement, but it is still far ahead of almost every other school in this way. There are certain teachers that are totally fantastic and support the kids and their parents in the classroom. The office staff is literally the greatest! No other school comes close!

Posted August 25, 2009
This is our third year at this school and we have had the best experiences. Our child is reading above grade level and it's thanks to the teachers.

Posted June 09, 2009
We have been at Brown for almost 5 years now. Our family thinks Brown is a great school!

Brown Elementary School 1

Posted March 08, 2009
I hate the new founded opinion that boys cant be boys and that there is no tolerance for children. This is not a military school yet it functions in a vary militant way, let kids be kids and get off your power trip. my son is in 2nd grade and has been going to Brown since preschool so I can only hope my opinion might be respected.

Brown Elementary School 1

Posted September 03, 2008
This is the worst school we have ever been to. I took my children out of this school. Mr. Maye was not helpful at all and the secretary is rude. From our first day there, we had nothing but problems. One exception: Ms. Hutson did a wonderful job with a large kindergarten class.

Posted August 18, 2008

Posted July 18, 2008

Brown Elementary School
13815 Spelling Court, Reno, NV  89511
Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top