Reno, NV

Edward L Pine Middle School 5

Posted August 06, 2014
Personally, I love this school. The teachers are strict but that is to be expected. They have to deal with some tough students, AND parents. They don't play favorites and do the best they can user the circumstances. If people didn't jump to conclusions, they could see through their doubt and realize this school is really good, and I speak that as a student who has previously been to other schools. Just because pine is in a tough neighborhood, doesn't mean it is a bad school.

Edward L Pine Middle School 5

Posted September 16, 2012
Pine is a great school. My daughter is very, very happy. Her teachers have made learning fun and challenging. They have been very easy to speak to as a parent. My daughter is envolved in the afterschool program. She gets to work on homework and have fun. The garden is huge. It's about .5 acre. The school is clean and safe. They have a strong anti-bully program and the teachers, counselors, and administration were very helpful when we had questions. This is a much better school than what was said years ago and what comes up on google.

Edward L Pine Middle School 4

Posted May 04, 2010
I think this school is very great!!! I am a student there and i love it, the teachers have strict policies and they shape up poorly behaved kids. The art teacher is amazing and is truly not out to get anyone. She is funny and nice. I think if you came to our school and really saw how nicely pine kids act, you would love the atmosphere.

Posted April 30, 2010
I am the art teacher at Pine Middle School and I was personally offended by the parent comment posted concerning me, and I thought it was taken out of context. There are many situations were I have been positive and It's too bad that this parent has not seen the every day environment in the art classroom to see how students behave and what myself and other teachers have to deal with daily, the negative and the positive.

Posted April 24, 2010
The science department is very poor and cant even supply books for the kids they have to use an online book... what if you dont have internet are you sol? I really dont care for the staff they are hard to work with and the teachers are very unprofessional. They favorite kids and I have also noticed that teachers blame kids for not turning in their work and a couple days later say oh well you must have snuck it into the classroom. It is the worst school ever if you dont have to send your kid there then you really shouldnt. Hope this helps! :)

Posted March 27, 2010
I honestly can say that this is the worst school I think I have ever seen. My husbands job causes us to move all over the world, and temporarily in Reno. My daughter actually had to move up a grade because they were so behind. They do the equivalent of sixth grade math in 8th grade. I have never seen teachers so rude to the children. I supervised an art field trip where the teacher yelled at a child, called him dumb, and told him to shut up and sit down. There is no respect from teacher to student whatsoever. Some will tell you it is an excellent school ect. but notice that usually these people have lived in Reno their whole lives and don't know anything different. Some also say that the violence is under control when in reality it is not at all.

Posted March 03, 2010
This school has really changed from when my friends went there and siblings. I was afraid to go there because everyone makes it out to be a bad school but its not its a really good school. There is 2 things bad I can say about that school and that is that an English teacher called another student a bad name and suspended the kid for it. Also RI restricted instruction. You get sent to RI fro talking,, asking for a pencil, ect they send you there for the stupidest thing! Why cant they just talk to you first and tell you to be quiet?

Edward L Pine Middle School 4

Posted September 11, 2009
Pine has really turned itself around in the past four years. There were only a few incidents of violence last year - the principal has really made a presence at the school. Most of the classes and teachers are right on target as far as curriculum and homework, although my child is in the ALM track and I'm not sure if it would be different in other tracks. The band and jazz band are excellent and my child loves the school and feels safe there.

Posted December 03, 2008
Curriculum is dumbed down. It's sad but teaching is to the lowest common denominator. For instance, there is no list of required lit reading for 8th grade. Kids can read whatever they choose, even if it's 4th or 5th grade material. Makes everyone feel good but wont' do much to help our kids compete in the world.

Posted September 16, 2008
pine is a great school with great teachers and classes its no doubt better than dillworth that is a bad school with gangs. pine has nice friendly kids. best class there is P.E.

4800 Neil Rd, Reno, NV  89502
Last modified Edward L Pine Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward L Pine Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top