Reno, NV

Posted July 31, 2014
Love this school for my daughter .for the location I can say its a really decent school... The teachers actually care for the children's learning . Unlike others that my daughter has been to. She really does great at Elmcrest :)

Posted February 14, 2014
Love this school! the entire staff is friendly and helpful. My siblings and I have all gone here and now my children, we all have enjoyed going here. I have never had an issue here. And any concerns are quickly resolved. Teachers are always available for questions. And my kids are doing very well thanks to the team they have at school and home. With the new layout they have of the school grounds were every visitor has to enter thru one door by the office, that is always locked, and all gates are locked until 5 min until school is out I feel my kids are safe during school hours. Can't say enoung good things about this school.

Elmcrest Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
Elmcrest Elementary has been a wonderful school for my daughter. Because she has some behavioral problems, she's not the easiest of children to teach. However, the staff has always been respectful toward us, and the teachers have cared for her and guided her to success. I feel they've gone out of their way to provide us every resource available to help her do well. the counselors there are thorough and kind, and Mr. Sutherland is a genuine and understanding person. The school does suffer from a lack of budget. They've tried to raise money for a Phy. Ed teacher for a few years now without success. It's not "fancy" in any sense of the word, but I can't imagine sending my daughter anywhere else.

Posted May 24, 2013
A safe school and a great place for my kids. They are happy as well as we are.

Elmcrest Elementary School 1

Posted March 30, 2013
Budget cuts and teachers retiring had my 4th and 5th grader in the same classes rotating through 3 teachers. It was too tough for my 4th grader and too easy for my 5th. My kids were coasting and floundering because they did not get ANY individual attention. People are in need of jobs and they lost a teacher due to retirement, so I did not understand why they could not hire another. The principle explained they were doing the best they could with the resources they had. I decided to do the same, and my kids now are home schooled through K12.com.. thanks you for helping me make that wonderful decision!

Posted March 24, 2009
This school is outstanding from Kindergarden to 6th grade. The teachers are the best and they really care about the kids. The school is going through some upgrades new roof, new paint, new trees, etc.. I am happy to have my 3rd grader at this school for the last three years and look forward to sending my next child.

Posted March 04, 2008

Elmcrest Elementary School 1

Posted November 23, 2007

Elmcrest Elementary School
855 McDonald Dr, Reno, NV  89503
Last modified Elmcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elmcrest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top