Posted August 26, 2013
Washoe schools: immigrant student enrollment soars 208% since '96 The district currently spends $10.2 million on ELL classes, an average of $899 per student. yet the district has cut spending for American kids but these illegals got a 5 million dollar raise for them, its time we stop this , this school is full of illegals and I myself am tired of my tax dollars gong to educate a group that are here illegally , please join me and write your congressmen and let him know we want our immigration laws enforced

Posted January 07, 2013
The biggest downfall with this school is the lack of communication with the parents and the amount of bullying and that it does not get addressed. My son went from a recommendation to be tested for gifted and talented from his prior school, and failed miserably the next year with his teacher. His test scores were so high that he was allowed to pass and this year has A's and B's. Which leads me to think that some of the teachers need to be replaced, as he did badly with a teacher who had been there a long time and really doesn't seem to like her job anymore. There has been so many issues with my son getting picked on that I have to inform the principal about it, as he knows nothing. The supervision on the playground is severly lacking, and the duty teacher out there has outwardly expressed that he does not like my son. The staff reprimands by having the students "resolve it themselves" by writing apology letters. I do not feel that that is appropriate when another child puts their hands on another to let them "resolve it themselves" I do not feel like he is in a good, safe environment and am currently looking at alternatives for him fnow.

Grace Warner Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2012
i love Grace Warner its an amazing school. the principal is great. I was a student there from like grade 3 till i graduated in 11-12. I love the teachers the help me improve a lot. The working curriculum is not to hard yet not to easy. Its just right for me, and the extra staff are soooo help full. The after school program has you work on homework or read a book for the first 30 minutes or more. Yes I was bulled and it was taken care of right away.i feel grace Warner is great for any kid .

Posted January 11, 2012
My children attend this school, my son is verbally abused and shoved around. He has been shoved to the ground and kicked by other students and the teachers do NOTHING!! When students are caught fighting they are sent to the principle who had them write a note of apology, which does NOTHING!!! I am going to be forced to move my children to a new school!

Posted October 23, 2011
My son has been beet up and now is threatened by another student and from what I hear there is NO afternoon yard duty on watch wth I understand budget cuts I worked for the district but that dosnt matter the safety of our kids IS PRIORITY number 1 and I live 3 hrs away and will make the trip if our teachers and hired people cant do there job and take this right to the school district.

Posted August 29, 2011
My son was threatened by other students at this school. A few of the teacher's were great, however, most of them would yell and say demeaning things to the students. I would not recommend another child to this school unless some of the older "Tenured" teachers were removed.

Posted May 10, 2011
While this school has a professional principal, it's teachers need improvement. Some of the older ones who have been there for years, yell and say disrespectful things to the children. The educational program seems to be ok, but not great.

Posted May 22, 2010
I have a grandchild who has been going to Grace Warner for a few years now and since she is now in the 4th grade things have changed a lot..I know there have been a lot of Education cuts but how can the teachers expect to concentrate fully on what each child needs when there is more then 30 students in the class..I know that from what I have seen and heard in this passed year has been a disappointment..And I can only hope that next year will be a better year for all..

Grace Warner Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2010
This is a great school. The teachers are well educated and I have been able to see the staff perform well with the children. My child has attended for 2 years and is a great student because of her teachers.

Grace Warner Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2009

Grace Warner Elementary School
3075 Heights Dr, Reno, NV  89503
Last modified Grace Warner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grace Warner Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top