Huffaker Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2014
Horrible! We didn't realize how bad of an education our kids were receiving until we moved recently and enrolled our children. They are so very far behind. We don't claim to have genius kids by any stretch. They received As and Bs but are at least 2 grades behind. The teachers and administration just don't care.

Posted June 04, 2013
Great school. Great leadership. Great teachers. Great parent involvment. My daughter who has been at Huffaker for 3 years loves this school.

Posted February 19, 2013
I attended Huffaker for 2nd-6th grade and graduated in 2000. Like all of the other comments posted here, it is by far the best elementary and probably any school in the entire Washoe Country School system. Every teacher I had was outstanding. My parents, as well as other parents, were very involved in the school. While I was there I had no idea how lucky I was to have gone there and for tuition free. Unfortunately we moved out of state and I went from a rated 10 school to about a 2. I miss this school.

Posted April 07, 2012
I attended first grade at Huffaker Elementary School in 1957. I remember it fondly. I learned to read there and I had many friends. I had a wonderful teacher, but I forgot her name. I have some of the most beautiful memories of childhood at this school, but I think it was located at another address. I Loved it!!!

Posted February 20, 2012
We are moving to Reno from Oklahoma, my granddaughter is learning delayed and has health issues that do affect her school/classroom involvement. What programs do you offer for learning delayed students. Do you have good counselors on staff

Posted November 28, 2011
I cant say enough wonderful things about tis school! My daughter has been in four schools this one is by far the best ,maybe in all of Washoe County!

Huffaker Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2010

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted September 11, 2009
I can't say enough good things about this school. We have two daughters attending since Feb '09 and both are doing very well with lots of teacher involvement. 10 months ago, our daughters were adopted from Ukraine and only spoke Russian; now both are mostly mainstreamed in their classes. I see the Principle involved in daily activities and interacting with both students and parents. Let me just say that I commute 18 miles every school day so my daughters can attend this school. I would hope that speaks for itself.

Posted June 03, 2008
Our daughter recently graduated from the afternoon kindergarden class at Huffaker. The teacher is experienced and has made a tremendous impact on our daughter's learning. The school is great, from the staff to the parents who are very involved.

Huffaker Elementary School
980 Wheatland Rd, Reno, NV  89511
Last modified Huffaker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huffaker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top