Bad
Good

Posted December 07, 2015
We just moved to Reno and started our daughter in Huffaker this year. We love the experience so far. She has a great teacher who is focused on educating each child. We also appreciate the friendly and helpful staff.

Posted March 01, 2015
Huffaker is without a doubt one of the best elementary schools in WCSD. Both of my daughters, now in 5th grade, have been enrolled since KG. With very few exceptions, the teachers are excellent while the Principal is experienced and professional. Superior parent involvement. It doesn't get much better than Huffaker for an elementary school experience for children!

Posted January 17, 2015
I have a preschooler and a kindergartner , I was very nervous about the transition from being home and not being in a structured environment to school but it all turned out very well. So far Huffaker has exceeded my expectations far and above. My girls feel right at home wonderful teachers and administrators personnel .

Huffaker Elementary School 2

Posted September 18, 2014
Horrible! We didn't realize how bad of an education our kids were receiving until we moved recently and enrolled our children. They are so very far behind. We don't claim to have genius kids by any stretch. They received As and Bs but are at least 2 grades behind. The teachers and administration just don't care.

Posted June 04, 2013
Great school. Great leadership. Great teachers. Great parent involvment. My daughter who has been at Huffaker for 3 years loves this school.

Posted February 19, 2013
I attended Huffaker for 2nd-6th grade and graduated in 2000. Like all of the other comments posted here, it is by far the best elementary and probably any school in the entire Washoe Country School system. Every teacher I had was outstanding. My parents, as well as other parents, were very involved in the school. While I was there I had no idea how lucky I was to have gone there and for tuition free. Unfortunately we moved out of state and I went from a rated 10 school to about a 2. I miss this school.

Posted April 07, 2012
I attended first grade at Huffaker Elementary School in 1957. I remember it fondly. I learned to read there and I had many friends. I had a wonderful teacher, but I forgot her name. I have some of the most beautiful memories of childhood at this school, but I think it was located at another address. I Loved it!!!

Posted February 20, 2012
We are moving to Reno from Oklahoma, my granddaughter is learning delayed and has health issues that do affect her school/classroom involvement. What programs do you offer for learning delayed students. Do you have good counselors on staff

Posted November 28, 2011
I cant say enough wonderful things about tis school! My daughter has been in four schools this one is by far the best ,maybe in all of Washoe County!

Posted September 11, 2009
I can't say enough good things about this school. We have two daughters attending since Feb '09 and both are doing very well with lots of teacher involvement. 10 months ago, our daughters were adopted from Ukraine and only spoke Russian; now both are mostly mainstreamed in their classes. I see the Principle involved in daily activities and interacting with both students and parents. Let me just say that I commute 18 miles every school day so my daughters can attend this school. I would hope that speaks for itself.

Huffaker Elementary School
980 Wheatland Rd, Reno, NV  89511
Last modified Huffaker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huffaker Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top