Posted August 22, 2013
My grandaughter started KIndergarden this week; naturally excited and I'm sure abit overwhelmed; she quickly adapted to playing on the playground before the classrooms were open and meeting new kids. I was really impressed with the personal welcome from the principal as she shook every parent & grandparents (me) hand as well as making sure the children felt welcome. The office personell were very helpful answering any questions and directed us through the cafeteria (which was very clean, considering before school breakfast was in session) to the playground. When the Kindergarden classes were opened we were greeted by one of the teachers (whom by the way crouched down to each childs level; which I thought was very personable) and then we were guided through the gate so they could secure and lock the area. My grandaughter can't wait to go to school everyday and wants to do her homework right when she comes home. It's such a comfort to know your children and grandchildren are safe, and being educated by teachers whom encourage and help to develope each childs potential. This is a priceless gift. Thank You so much for your sincere investment in the future of our children.

Posted January 20, 2013
My son had a wonderful education at Hunter Lake. He is now in college and planning on a masters degree. Many of his friends have also done very well in college after attending Hunter Lake. Many of his teachers are still teaching at Hunter Lake. The staff works well with eachother and are very helpful. We were lucky to have our son in a great enviroment and school.

Posted June 17, 2010
My son started at this school halfway through second grade with an ADHD diagnosis. The principle and his teacher were on top of it right away, having a meeting with us to discuss alternative learning methods. This was the first time my son moved to a new school, his teacher went out of her way to teach him how to make new friends, he adjusted beautifully, and continued to have grades consistent or better than the grades he got at his previous school in Los Angeles! He'll be starting in their G.A.T.E. program next year and the school is getting a major makeover this summer with all new technical teaching tools, new desks and supplies! Way to go Hunter Lake!

Posted June 15, 2010
This is a wonderful school with a great atmosphere. There are lots of ways for parents to become involved and the teachers are always around after school for a quick chat about your child. The principal mingles with the kids and they love him. Great job Hunter Lake!

Hunter Lake Elementary School
909 Hunter Lake Dr, Reno, NV  89509
Last modified Hunter Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunter Lake Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.