Posted February 22, 2014
I love this school. We've had two kids go through, the youngest in 5th now. Our experience had been terrific. Teachers and staff are great. It has a terrific Parent Faculty Association with lots of parental involvement and support. All in all a top notch neighborhood school that I don't see how anyone could be disappointed in.

Posted January 25, 2014
Two of my children attended this school, one from 1-6 grades. My first loved her time at Beck, and had wonderful teachers, although 4 of the teachers she had have since retired, in part due to a change of benefits for teachers from the county. The school has had 5 principals in the time since I've been involved as a parent, and they were all supportive of the parent volunteers and parental involvement in the school, but different principals have different priorities, so things will vary depending on the administrator. There is a great art program that is run by the parents, and the PFA conducts fundraisers which help to pay for an art & PE coordinator, and the school has a volunteer coordinator who is invaluable to the school. There has been an issue with classroom limitations since the introduction of the Spanish-English Immersion program which means having a class for each grade. The music teacher no longer has his own classroom, but uses the multipurpose room. My 2nd child was recommended for a GT magnet program and no longer attends Jessie Beck, but she loved her time here. My children did not experience bullying, but there might be more issues for minority children.

Jessie Beck Elementary School 1

Posted January 22, 2014
Hello, I was a student from Jessie Beck Elementary. I attended almost 4 years ago from now. If you are thinking about enrolling your child into this school, please read ahead, for I know what you're child will face. First off, I was teased by not only the students, but by the teachers as well. Any sort of problem that I faced was unseen by the staff's eyes. For parents for special needs children, Jessie Beck (from my experience) does not have any sort of knowledge of special education. Unfortunately the school does not do much to prevent what is known now as bullying. They will only seem to care if they witness a full blown fist fight or something of that nature. I was teased so badly that to this day I still am traumatized by my years at Jessie Beck Elementary school.

Jessie Beck Elementary School 1

Posted October 18, 2013
Very disappointed with this school, we found some teachers were good, but several were terrible. The administrative staff is not helpful and very rude, and with so many students we felt like any issues we had were blown off by the principal. The parental involvement in the school is amazing and I would give more credit to the parents for the high test scores then I would give to the teachers and the curriculum.

Posted June 28, 2013
I have two daughters in this school and we LOVE it!! The teachers and staff are great. Alot of parent involvement oppertunities.

Jessie Beck Elementary School 3

Posted February 11, 2008

Posted November 23, 2007

Jessie Beck Elementary School
1900 Sharon Way, Reno, NV  89509
Last modified Jessie Beck Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jessie Beck Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top