Lemmon Valley Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2014
Let me first say when I drove by the school, I went home and cried. Although the school is not in the greatest of locations, I have three great teachers, my kids have had made great friends, and the staff as a whole is pretty wonderful. There is a sever lack of parent participation but even that seems to be improving.

Posted April 18, 2013
I went here a year ago and I miss all my teachers and friends. I especially miss Christy Fernandez and Rhylee Woods! I now live in Wisconsin and I am gonna move back there soon.

Posted February 22, 2012
My daughter is doing terriffice at this school. As a 5th grader she reads at an 8th grade level. She is engaged in school activities and always encouraged by the staff to do her best.

Posted February 22, 2012
I love this school. I am disappointed to read that another parent would rate the school as a 1 just because she/he did not want uniforms. There was a paper vote and a large number of parentswho voted yes. Having uniforms has lowered our clothing bill and saved the drama of what am I going to wear today. We should rate the school on the the teachers and principals and it is great.

Posted February 23, 2011
My child has attended LVES for a few years now. The teachers I have encountered have all been caring and creative. With falling test scores and continued decline in parent involvement we have adopted uniforms. At a parent meeting to vote on uniforms it seemed no was the favored answer. Weeks later we recieved word the vote had come back yes with no totals included. There could not have been more than 50 parents at said meeting to decide the fate of the school uniform policy. To date there has been no mention of how the uniform money was to be spent. Nor the total value of the uniforms. Likely in the thousands range with 500 plus students. No results can be given as far as bullying or improved test scores with new uniforms. I have talked with many parents about many differant issues at our school. The one thing we all share is approach management of the school with caution, and expect no action to assist you with your problem.

Lemmon Valley Elementary School 4

Posted September 16, 2009
Love the compassion they show for the kids, especially the office and bus driver!

Lemmon Valley Elementary School 0

Posted July 10, 2009
My daughter is going to be in 3rd grade this year. She has already attended 1/2 of first grade (due to a move) and full 2nd grade at this school. I have found that both teachers are great in communicateing with me on her progress. Although they both seem to be overwhelmed with the amount of students they have in the class. With the new principal, things have improved and hopefully they will continue to improve. I am not confident with the safety of my child. There have been a couple scary incidents happen around the school (not the school's fault:which were handled great by the teachers) and would hope to see a huge improvement/change on that end. If things continue to happen around the school, I will be switching her to another school.

Lemmon Valley Elementary School 3

Posted September 03, 2008
My daughter is now in 3rd grade at this school. She has had great teachers every year that communicate well. I find that with strong parents involvement children tend to succeed more. I see good things for Lemmon Valley Elementary. I think it's going to keep improving.

Posted January 17, 2008

Posted December 18, 2007

Lemmon Valley Elementary School
255 West Patrician Dr, Reno, NV  89506
Last modified Lemmon Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lemmon Valley Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top