Reno, NV

Posted September 01, 2014
I'm a student at obrien and I need my fourth period social studies teacher for a report I'm doing

William O'brien Middle School 4

Posted June 04, 2013
O'Brien has had a bad reputation in the past; however, I'm glad I met with the administration before deciding to send my son to a different school, as I'm very pleased with the school. O'Brien has had an administrative change in the past three years and everyone works very hard to make it a good school and make the students its priority. O'Brien has wonderful administration and teachers who are willing to help the children succeed any way they can. My son has had two great years of education at this school!

William O'brien Middle School 1

Posted November 29, 2010
This school is in need of major change. The staff is overwhelmed and there are too many students for the office staff to handle. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted March 27, 2010
my youngest son is in 8th grade. our family relocated to reno last year. this school is under funded...if you live in an upperclass neighborhood in this county (spanish springs,damonte,etc) the schools have more money. i dont understand how a bunch of money is invested in a new middle school, depoali,that looks like a high school, in damonte... but not even a paint job for the 'poorer'schools. my son likes this school... i am constantly kept aware of his progress by the staff. your kids education is what you help them make of it...

Posted October 26, 2009
I love my school the food's great, the education is awesome, and the electives are fun

Posted December 14, 2008
I attended O'brien Middle School for 8th grade in 07-08 and I was pretty pleased with it at the time. However it just depends on what kind of student you are. If you are a good student then the teachers care about you and will provide a good education. If you are a trouble-making, class disrupting student then the teachers will just leave you behind and not care if you fail. This is what the teachers really need to work on. Although the principal, Mr. Grange, really encourages students to succeed. The school hasn't seemed to improve much from what my sister says, who is in 7th grade at O'brien now.

Posted September 18, 2007
I think that this school is a great school. I'm not just saying this because I assist the school but because O'Brien has improved in my two years assisting that school. O'Brien is a school on where we focus on us.

Posted August 15, 2006
This school is awesome the academics are absolutely outstanding. The teachers respect the children's opinions and ideas.The extracurricular activities are outstounding.

Posted August 01, 2006
This is an awesome School.

William O'brien Middle School 4

Posted November 01, 2003
The teachers, school leadership and parent involvement are excellent. However, the teachers are not given all of the necessary tools that they need to do their jobs. The school needs more money to provide necessities such as computers, books and lockers for all of the students to use. The building is old and in bad need of repair. The school needs more teachers as the student teacher ratio is quite high. The school should be larger, or another school built in the North Valleys to accomodate all of the students.

10500 Stead Blvd, Reno, NV  89506
Last modified William O'brien Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William O'brien Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top