Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted September 22, 2015
Our children have loved every minute in this school. The principal is very involved, a good role model for the children, tons of fun and the teachers follow suit. It's an extension of a large family and I appreciate all the hard work with fantastic attitudes! A+

Posted December 28, 2012
PVES is a great school! The class sizes are awesome (especially in this time of budget cuts)! The staff is excellent. The teachers are wonderful. The principal is very involved, friendly and does a terrific job running the school. The school administrative secretary (Kim) runs the office like I've never seen before. She's on top of everything and remembers every child and every parent. The school is like a little community where everyone looks out for everyone else and helps each other when necessary. I wouldn't want my kids to go to any other elementary school!

Posted June 22, 2010
This school is great! I was actually amazed at the class sizes, my kid only have 14 kids in her 1st grade class. All the teachers we have had so far have been great and very helpful. If I ever have a question or concern I can e-mail them and I get a response by the end of the day. They have a great recognition type of system that rewards the kids for good behavior, they don't just focus on the negative and what the kids are doing wrong. Its a great school, I can't wait for my youngest to start there this fall!

Pleasant Valley Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2009
I was very dissatisfied with the class sizes here. Like other posters have said though, the principal is absolutely delightful!! We only had one not so grand teacher!! We were not notified of accidents at school until it was to late and this happened with 2 major incidents on the playground. My children have attended a new school for almost 3 years now.

Posted September 03, 2009
There is no way to say enough about this school! They are all fabulous. The teachers that my daughter has had are full of energy and excited about teaching. The principal is very hands on and stops by every class every day. They do many things throughout the school year to keep kids interested and excited. I love this school!

Posted April 14, 2009
My children are recieving an excellent education at this school. I could not be happier.

Posted January 16, 2009
I love this school! My daughter is doing wonderfully there. The teachers and principal are very caring and whenever there has been a problem they are right on top of it. It has a small town feel and small class sizes. They do all sorts of activities for the kids like carnivals,movie nights, and family craft nights. I wouldn't send my kid anywhere else

Pleasant Valley Elementary School 1

Posted January 10, 2009
This school really shows the effect that budget cuts and unhappy, underpaid teachers have on our children. Our own children unfortunately had to experience this. I can only hope the best for all the other great kids in such a depressed environment.

Posted September 03, 2008
I love this school. There is not enough space here to tell you all the wonderful things we have experienced here. The teachers, principal, and staff are all friendly and helpful. My sons have excelled in this school and are reading above grade level.

Pleasant Valley Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2007
We are moving our child to a Charter School next year. I have struggled with getting help from her teachers for the past two years. She struggles in school and I want to help her, but I am get no support from the staff or teachers to help me. They tell me she is behind, but they won't tell me where or how to help her. I give up!

Pleasant Valley Elementary School
405 Surrey Dr, Reno, NV  89511
Last modified Pleasant Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.