9-12 & Ungraded
Reno, NV

Reno High School 2

Posted April 07, 2013
The fact that Reno High has a high rating on Great Schools makes me question the validity of the site. RHS used to be a good school, unfortunately it is mediocre at best. The bar has been dropped very low - raising it's test scores, athletics run the school and fights/incidents are not reported much less dealt with on a regular basis if at all.

Posted October 25, 2012
Reno High is not a school I am zoned too. I was originally going to go to Hug High (really bad school) but instantly got a variance to this school. I like the challenging courses and the education we gain. Compared to other high school honor English classes, Reno Highs is the best and most challenging. Very good school which has 7 periods, giving us an extra period for more elective classes. This school is just overall perfect for me and I would NOT go to any other school. McQueen? There's so many kids there and the school is so small that everyone has to share a locker. Glen would be the second choice for me.

Reno High School 2

Posted May 29, 2012
Respect? The students have none for themselves. Honor? Honor what, the corrupt social hierarchy? Strength? There is nothing strong in academics or athletics here. I have gone to Reno High School for 3 years and I want nothing more than to transfer. It is not because I don't have friends or have bad grades. I'm an AP student who would generally be considered popular, but I hate the culture of the school. It is extremely cliquey and watching other kids be ostracized 24/7 isnt right. If you dont have money, play a popular sport, or have the right friends you are not noticed. Those who are popular are highely involved in partying aka drugs and underage drinking. Not to mention the nasty rumors that are constantly spreading and the disrespect for the school. Kids show up drunk and high all the time, girls constantly break dress code, and some teachers (not the AP ones) are consistently unprepared and don't care about the school. Do not send your child here. If they fit in they will get involved in partying and if they dont theyre going to have a horrible experience anyways. Reno Huskies are a pack and pack mentality here goes too far.

Reno High School 1

Posted April 17, 2012
A few exceptional teachers. Some not so much. I know several extremely bright kids who are leaving. So in the next few years check scores reno high's are sure to go down and if it is between manogue, sage ridge or Wooster IB And academics are important to you, iI encourage you to go to any of those over Reno High. Socially Reno High is extremely cliquey and smart kids have to act like they are not to fit in. It is also true that boys and girls are extremely promiscuous from several stories I've heard. I've seen a lot of examples of cliquey groups purposefully ignoring an individual or group. A lot of unhappy kids if they aren't in the major popular group. Apparently kids at Reno High aren't aware that this is bullying.

Reno High School 1

Posted November 14, 2011
Parents don't seem to be involved in anything. Students are always late or high and the girls that go there are very promiscuous. I am definitely taking my child out of this school and taking him to a better one.

Posted January 28, 2010
As the spouse of a Reno High School Teacher I must say that I am impressed with the culture of the school. When something does not go as planned, it is noted and corrected immediately. This is Reno High and those things don't happen on this campus. Academics are excellent, Administration and Staff are professional and efficient.

Reno High School 0

Posted September 05, 2009
Reno High is the best school ever! of course

Posted August 24, 2009
This is my 4th year going to Reno High, it is an EXCELLENT school!! I highly recommend it!! Mr. Sullivan looks like he is strict, and he is, but when you catch him in a good mood he is the most understanding principal in all of Reno!! We are Respect We are Honor We are Strength. We are HUSKIES!

Posted May 22, 2009
best high school in the world!!! my child loves it here and is sad to leave but had an amazing time at this very fine school

Posted October 14, 2008
We picked this high school for the music program it offers. My son is a freshman and has become very involved in various activities. The teachers keep up to date through Edline and even personal calls when events come up and couldn't have been better at Parent's night. I'm so impressed with this school! Reno High Rocks!

Reno High School
395 Booth St, Reno, NV  89509
Last modified Reno High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reno High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top