Reno, NV

Posted April 16, 2014
I have to say that my son is new to Dodson Elementary. He has a speech delay and has always been placed in classes where I feel like he is ignored. However, at Dodson, we felt that he is so happy with his class and his teacher. Mrs. Robert really makes him feel comfortable and she is so friendly. I truly believe that she understands him in a way no other teacher has before. Also the office staff is so nice and helpful.

Posted September 20, 2013
My girls have been going to Dodson for 2 years. At first, it was hard adjusting to a new school for them. The staff has helped make the transition easier. Anytime I have a question, they are always helpful and pleasant! The Office Staff is absolutely great! The Principal is usually available if there is an issue. Many times you can just find him outside interacting w/ the kids, just to see how their day was, as he helps out at the busses. I'm glad we are here at Dodson!

Posted May 22, 2012
My first child is attending this Great school the staff and teachers are excellent. My daughter had learn some much she is more out spoken and happy to attend school. Thank you for the great job.

Edwin S Dodson Elementary School 0

Posted January 09, 2008
I am a parent at Dodson Elementary School and have been involved since 2001, my daughter is now in sixth grade and our experience has been nothing but GREAT!The staff, teachers and environment in general is the BEST I could ever ask for.

Posted August 26, 2005
I have been involved with Dodson for the past 5 years, and I can honestly say, I wouldn't want my kids to go to any other school. The entire school atmosphere is very community oriented and it is refreshing to see such a welcoming environment. The staff is top-notch and they truly care about the students that they see everyday. The prinicipal is extremely well educated and really cares about what happens to her charges.

Posted August 24, 2005
Caring teachers ! we moved to reno 8/04 , just in time for my 4th grade son to start fresh, it was rather traumatic for him leaving his old neighborhood and friends. his speech problems intensified and his wonderful teacher Ms. Hudson was right there - in 2 weeks my son was getting speech therapy and extra attention that was genuinly needed. By years end he was doing fine. Very caring staff.

Edwin S Dodson Elementary School 1

Posted October 27, 2004

Posted July 22, 2004
This school is wonderful. I am a teacher at Dodson and enjoy every minute of day. The principal and my co-teachers are very focused on each child individually!

Edwin S Dodson Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
Approachable administration and staff. Child complains about hot lunch selections, but I think that is a system wide issue. Good family oriented neighborhood. Safe area. Large playground. Need more play equipment.

Posted September 09, 2003
My son has gone to this school for two years now and we absolutely love it! It has awesome teachers and great learning opportunities for the kids. Campus is very clean and well kept. The staff is excellent with the kids and is there in both positive and negative situtations.

Edwin S Dodson Elementary School
4355 Houston, Reno, NV  89502
Last modified Edwin S Dodson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edwin S Dodson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top